BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We should have been able to get more out of King than we did, whatever inadequacies he had.

And I blame the manager.

King, Rhodes and Gestede and we finished mid-table. FFP had nothing to do with that!

GB's mismanagement easily cost us 20 points last season. Look at what we did to Prem League clubs in the FA Cup when GB's words didn't matter to our team's motivation and it is all too easy to realise that this thread should be including Rovers in it. Only Rodgers' Liverpool on a very rare good day could stop us in a replay- we would have won the Anfield game if GB had belief in himself and his own team.

No Villa appointment is the right one, something rotten inside Villa, shame, big club but they have been on the brink for years

Villa have been going backwards since Martin O'Neill left and they sold Milner and Ashley Young.

The playing squad aren't willing to the dirty work and put a shift in.

Gestede won plenty of headers today but nobody running off the ball to get on the end of it

The relegation bar b as gone up 4 points in two rounds of matches with Newcastle and Bournemouth improbable wins.

Big Sam must be sickened, Norwich and Swansea pooing themselves and Villa anticipating their day out in the breweries of Burton.

This is one heck of a tough division to stay in. Although Watford and Palace show what an eye for a player around Europe plus Premier money bags can still do..

• Backroom

Can you imagine the laughs coming from Anfield if Louis Van Gaal took his players over to the Stretford End to celebrate after a 2-2 draw with West Brom!

I know it's a German thing but still.

Do love Klopp mind you

• Backroom

The relegation bar b as gone up 4 points in two rounds of matches with Newcastle and Bournemouth improbable wins.

Big Sam must be sickened, Norwich and Swansea pooing themselves and Villa anticipating their day out in the breweries of Burton.

This is one heck of a tough division to stay in. Although Watford and Palace show what an eye for a player around Europe plus Premier money bags can still do..

Don't forget Chelsea ;)

Can you imagine the laughs coming from Anfield if Louis Van Gaal took his players over to the Stretford End to celebrate after a 2-2 draw with West Brom!

I know it's a German thing but still.

Do love Klopp mind you

Some draws feel like a loss, some a win.

Klopp certainly felt the latter yesterday. I say fair play to him. They got beat off Palace a month ago with Klopp wondering why fans left early. Yesterday was his thanks for staying.

It will take him time to make Liverpool into his team but after the insecurity of Rodgers they'll be happy.

I'd also wager that Man U would struggle to score 2 against West Brom in their current state. They are woeful. They'd win the award for sideways passing every week. It amazes me that they could have gone top with a win on Saturday. This season could be the end of Man U being top dog for a while. 25+ years of Ferguson can't be replicated quickly. Moyes was a disaster, van Gaal is shaping up to be Moyes part II. Bournemouth players were quoted as saying that the Man U "aura" has gone. I tend to agree.

It's a really exciting Premier League this season, anyone bar Villa can beat anyone else. I'd say that the top 4 aren't as good as years past but the rest are better. As Phillip said; it's amazing what lots of TV cash and an astute signing or 2 can do.

• Backroom

Bournemouth players were quoted as saying that the Man U "aura" has gone. I tend to agree

I think if the aura was completely gone they'd have a lot less than 29 points. They've been crap all season, the reason they have those points is because teams still @#/? themselves at Old Trafford. Not sure why as United are pedestrian, and the atmosphere is rubbish, but for whatever reason teams still seem to fluff their lines at Old Trafford and let United beat them.

I'd be shocked if they win the league this season though. With the way they are playing top four will be a good achievement. I think City will end up winning the league quite comfortably in the end, even though they themselves are nothing special. I can't consider Arsenal contenders as they are too prone to bottling it when push comes to shove.

I think if the aura was completely gone they'd have a lot less than 29 points. They've been crap all season, the reason they have those points is because teams still @#/? themselves at Old Trafford. Not sure why as United are pedestrian, and the atmosphere is rubbish, but for whatever reason teams still seem to fluff their lines at Old Trafford and let United beat them.

I'd be shocked if they win the league this season though. With the way they are playing top four will be a good achievement. I think City will end up winning the league quite comfortably in the end, even though they themselves are nothing special. I can't consider Arsenal contenders as they are too prone to bottling it when push comes to shove.

It's come on recently. I had a quick look at their results. They've won 4 games in all competitions (14 games) since the beginning of October. Those wins include a 1-0 at OT over CSKA Moscow in the champs league, and a raggy 2-1 win away at Watford. In that time they've also been knocked out of 2 cup competitions.

They still have some decent players but are suffering. I hope they don't get a top 4 spot. But it's just their luck that no other team can get it together even with Chelsea far far away.

I see that while we have been away, the reporting and commentary on the Premier League remains as big city-club centric as always.

The BBC open with the PL this season being wide open then don't even tip Leicester to make the top 4!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35098742

Leicester have the same feel about them Rovers had when we won the Prem:

- a seasoned Manager who has been there, seen everything and knows what it is to win. Importantly has come back after a period out of the game with a renewed hunger and mission and has cured his managerial failings.

- coming off a storming run at the end of the previous season (W7 D1 L1 in April and May)

- have in Vardy a two goals every three games striker who scares the life out of defenders

- have in Mahrez a midfield maestro who can make complete fools of the opposition the way Ripley did for us

- are comfortably the league's highest scorers and have only lost once all season

- have a never-say-die team spirit and fitness level to edge games which were seemingly lost

- apart from the Arsenal result, have a pretty decent defensive record

- unlike us, they don't have a single obvious contender for the title

The game at Goodison will be a big test this weekend but I think they are very genuine and worthy title contenders.

There, that has put the kaibosh on the Foxes!

Now don't get me wrong and im not a fan of theirs but I would love it if Leicester win the league.

I'm with you on that one ODB. It would be brilliant for their fans and their city, but also a massive shot in the arm for any other club of that size who thought their days of winning the league were over.

Though I could understand Rovers fans not wanting another smaller club joining our elite band, it would in no way diminish our own achievement.

Archived