BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Backroom

Liverpool have a team of hugely overrated players. They need (another) big clearout if they harbour any hopes of getting back into the CL. Having Bogdan as their main backup is ridiculous, and the likes of Skrtel, Sakho, Lucas, Lallana and Firmino are ineffective far too often to create a consistent run of form. Benteke meanwhile looks totally out of place playing for Liverpool, which is unfortunate for them considering the £32.5m outlay. Apparently they learned nothing from the Andy Carroll disaster.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has been one hell of a Premiership season so far for those of us who don't support one of the usual top five.

Watford, Palace, Bournemouth and, above all, Leicester! Who would have believed it?

A real inspiration for all those teams, including our's, who aspire to the Premier League.

You can get there, you cen compete with the big boys, you do not need to spend 30-40 million on one player.

But if you spot a striker at Fleetwood, you can top the league or sell him for an absolute fortune.

Venkys----please take note and do whats necessary.

He "prioritizes" games don't you mean? ;)

Yes, if you want to sugar coat it.

You mean like lots of smaller clubs beat the top clubs every season?

Im guessing but gut feel is that.Kean took more points from top teams as Rovers boss than Sam. He did win at Old trafford where as Sam well we know. I was not referring to other teams either was I?

Leicester City will not win the title but they'll be top 4 surely at 38 and 17 matches played.

If I were on the Leicester board, I'd be watching the gap down to fourth (currently 9 points) which is the buffer for an assured Champions League group place.

Maintain that into the January window then I'd give Ranieri a big enough budget to cover all the squad weaknesses (probably two or three top players and one or two who won't let you down).

That way you would double down on that CL slot and give the manager and squad the resilience to go all the way to the title.

• Moderation Lead

Benteke (and Liverpool come to think of it) are nowhere near as good as they think they are. Given the cost and style of Carroll, I was amazed he bought Benteke tbh. Klopp doesn't rate him imo, funnily enough, I reckon Ings will thrive in his system.

Always makes me laugh when Scousers (for a change) play the victim about clubs like City spending loads of money, when they've spunked at least as much as anyone else!

• Moderation Lead

I'd be really surprised if united went for Mourinho tbh. He'd get them playing and get results but the expectation for attacking football is there at united as well.

Plus, I don't think the hierarchy are keen, like at all.

• Backroom

I'd be really surprised if united went for Mourinho tbh. He'd get them playing and get results but the expectation for attacking football is there at united as well.

Plus, I don't think the hierarchy are keen, like at all.

They definitely weren't a few years ago, but Ferguson has always endorsed Mourinho, and Woodward is a sucker for a big name. I think they may be desperate enough now to hire him. If LVG does go, I can't see anybody but Mourinho taking over.

Archived