SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

West Ham were very good value for that win in all honesty.

Amazing how one player can make such a difference. Liverpool are extremely inconsistent though, far too many nearly men in that team. Klopp will need some cash to spend if he wants to get them into top 4 contention.

• Moderation Lead

Amazing how one player can make such a difference. Liverpool are extremely inconsistent though, far too many nearly men in that team. Klopp will need some cash to spend if he wants to get them into top 4 contention.

They were 2-0 up before Payet came on, but I take your point! They have some other cracking players, they bullied Liverpool tbh.

Sky sources saying Leicester have agreed a 3.75 million fee with Birmingham for Gray.He will be a big loss,massive potential quite suprised at the fee in today's market

Bargain.

Buyout clause though, it gets knocked down to 3 in the summer to.

Sky sources saying Leicester have agreed a 3.75 million fee with Birmingham for Gray.He will be a big loss,massive potential quite suprised at the fee in today's market

I'm sure I recall Bournemouth trying to sign him last summer and Birmingham rejected some big offers. Maybe this quite low release clause has been added recently.

Sam talking up Jermaine Defoe. He always has his 'favourites' or at least, it looks that way often.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-sun-allardyce-idUKKBN0UM0KE20160108

I think its a helpful way for a manager to operate, or can be. Get some of the senior, influential players onside and it must be 10 times easier to control the dressing room. When Mourinho had Terry, Lampard and Drogba onside his players would run through walls for him. This season he didn't have Terry, Fabregas and Costa even close to being behind him and suffered for it. The first egos Sam would have been stroking when arriving at Sunderland will have been O'Shea, Cattermole and Defoe.

Lambert tried to do the same with Hanley, Duffy and Rhodes I reckon. The fact that is seems to have gone disastrously with Rhodes is a big blow to his command of the rest of the squad in my opinion. At 25, as the star player and top earner, and in his 4th season in the club Rhodes will be regarded by the others as a senior player. Big Sam brought in Givet, Diouf and Salgado as his men inside the dressing room. We'll have to see who Lambert does it with.

Lambert tried to do the same with Hanley, Duffy and Rhodes I reckon. The fact that is seems to have gone disastrously with Rhodes is a big blow to his command of the rest of the squad in my opinion. At 25, as the star player and top earner, and in his 4th season in the club Rhodes will be regarded by the others as a senior player. Big Sam brought in Givet, Diouf and Salgado as his men inside the dressing room. We'll have to see who Lambert does it with.

I think its fairly clear that Bennett ticks that box.

That said, I understand your thinking on Rhodes, but I'm not sure I agree that Lambert has gone out of his way to get him onside. He's gone a funny way about it if that is the case.

I think its fairly clear that Bennett ticks that box.

That said, I understand your thinking on Rhodes, but I'm not sure I agree that Lambert has gone out of his way to get him onside. He's gone a funny way about it if that is the case.

Yeah good point on Bennett, forgot he had a connection to Lambert through Norwich.

I think Lambert tried the tough love approach (just as Allardyce did with Defoe).

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/oct/14/sunderland-sam-allardyce-jermain-defoe

Sam got a reaction, out of a guy who has 55 England caps and 134 PL goals. Rhodes' reaction says a lot about why he will never come close to that.

Archived