SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I wouldn't exactly call hiring Mourinho desperate, DE.

It's a contextual thing, in relation to the United board's absolute reluctance to hire him previously. Obviously out of context it isn't a desperate move.

NYE 1997 I think you mean. Christmas 1998 Villa were top and finished 6th. I've absolutely loved what Leicester have done and sincerely hope it continues but very much expect it won't.

No. I mean what I say. New years eve 1997. New years day morning 98 if you need it simpler ;)

No. I mean what I say. New years eve 1997. New years day morning 98 if you need it simpler ;)

You said NYE 1998 in your original post, NYE 1998 means New Years Eve 1998 which means 31st December 1998. That's 364 days later than New Years Day morning 98. You can just say oops you know, there's no requirement for a petulant reply any time you get the most trivial thing wrong.

You said NYE 1998 in your original post, NYE 1998 means New Years Eve 1998 which means 31st December 1998. That's 364 days later than New Years Day morning 98. You can just say oops you know, there's no requirement for a petulant reply any time you get the most trivial thing wrong.

Oooops. Apologies, It was my fat finger on my mobile (now edited) and I never went back to check because I knew what I had meant to type and wondered why someone would be questioning what was there in black and white LOL.

Either way we were on fire demolishing the future league champions in their own back yard yet we trailed off markedly, in that context Leicester aren't even guaranteed top 6. 1 injury to a striker and they will plummet ;)

Van Gaal displaying the classic arrogance for which the Dutch are renowned, couple that with the equally obnoxious fans of the club and you have a classic mismatch. Neither he or their fans have a sense of humour, but both believe they have a divine right to win.

Just to quickly point out - there's not a single relegation candidate right now that (given their resources) wouldn't rip apart the Championship from pillar to post should they get here. Villa, Newcastle, even Sunderland with Fat Sam....who else is there....Chelsea? Swansea (only ones just slightly less scary)? Basically if we don't go up this season (we very likely won't), we might as well go on hibernation mode because next season will be hell for anyone with any hopes.

• Backroom

Could see Villa struggling. A horribly mismanaged club that won't recover until it is sold.

Agree that the others should be very strong. As the Prem TV money continues to rise, relegated clubs will become stronger and stronger until eventually the top 2 spots will regularly be taken by two of the three relegated clubs and the rest have to hope the other one has an off day or two in the playoffs.

Just to quickly point out - there's not a single relegation candidate right now that (given their resources) wouldn't rip apart the Championship from pillar to post should they get here. Villa, Newcastle, even Sunderland with Fat Sam....who else is there....Chelsea? Swansea (only ones just slightly less scary)? Basically if we don't go up this season (we very likely won't), we might as well go on hibernation mode because next season will be hell for anyone with any hopes.

Too easy to associate big city clubs with strength when they come down- look at Leeds...

Villa look deeply broken and getting them back at the first opportunity would be a monster task.

We will need a squad good enough to go up in this division this season to be good enough to win promotion next season. It is very rare that a league suddenly changes nature dramatically although I agree that the size of the parachute payments combined with the spending power of Prem League clubs is going to make the Championship increasingly difficult to get promoted from after next season.

Too easy to associate big city clubs with strength when they come down- look at Leeds...

Villa look deeply broken and getting them back at the first opportunity would be a monster task.

We will need a squad good enough to go up in this division this season to be good enough to win promotion next season. It is very rare that a league suddenly changes nature dramatically although I agree that the size of the parachute payments combined with the spending power of Prem League clubs is going to make the Championship increasingly difficult to get promoted from after next season.

The gulf between established PL teams and established Championship ones has never been greater. They will be able to hoover up the best Championship talent and pay the best loan fees/wages for PL players, and associated agent levies.

Archived