BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is an absolute scumbag. He is no different to the violent goons who used to stomp around the pub leagues just trying to break bones.

Disgustingly harsh I know but that lad needs his leg snapping so he can get the faintest tinge of empathy for what he is trying to do to others.

He's like a kid; gets mad at Smith for a somewhat unfair challenge on him, and then races back to get one over on him and get even, and would have easily broken Smith's leg had he not lifted it off the ground. Crazy

All good at the Theatre Of Nightmares

I haven't watched that yet, I'll be treating myself later. This is the time of year when the Rags like to annoy everyone with their ridiculous and nonsensical "12 days of Christmas Cantona" ditty. I'm looking forward to it being drowned out by "booooooooooooo".

King picks up a hamstring injury in the warm up for Bournemouth. Anyone surprised? No, didn't think so.

Funny, I thought that was Bowyers fault.

Obviously Sunderland are a pile of @#/? and Allardyce has never been able to set up his teams to play against the top clubs away from home, but it's fair to assume they wouldn't be 2-0 up after 15 minutes if Jose was still there.

Remember Big Sam had throwaway games, like the ones against the big clubs

How does that work if it's City or United? Or anyone with a manager in place - could derail their season.

Not sure about LVG but Pellegrini's contract runs out in June 2017. The guy is even talking up Guardiola saying what a good fit he would be for City. I think he knows the writing is on the wall.

It's just as bad for the top managers as it is for those at the bottom end. The crazy world of football, we want success and we want it now.

From what I've read, Jose is basically getting paid his full salary until he joins another club, at which point it stops. So the compensation will depend on how long he's out of the game.

I guess Abramovic is quietly enquiring whether he can contribute to LVG's severance package...

Anyway, Leicester's purple run continues and the other clubs at the top continue to look wobbly.

Potentially just 2 points covering 4th to 8th this evening (edited because Liverpool and Watford play each other).

Newcastle and Villa looked powederpuffs last night.

• Backroom

Funny, I thought that was Bowyers fault.

Remember Big Sam had throwaway games, like the ones against the big clubs

Bowyer's issue as far as King was concerned was not man managing him correctly. Instead he caused King to become disillusioned, run down his contract and leave on a free. I think we could have got at least £4-5M for a contracted Josh King, particularly after his FA Cup performances, which is all most people judged him on over his entire career at Rovers. King's injuries are similar to many other speed merchants over the years, very hard to stop them once they start.

As for Allardyce, our performances against the big clubs away from home were generally poor, but he got the points where it mattered so I could overlook that. I'm not sure he has the same luxury at Sunderland - they need every point they can get.

Someone remind me, this "gagunderpressure" philosophy that Klopp has brought in, that's about running away from the ball to give time and space to teams who don't really deserve it? Right?

We aren't copying that style, are we?

• Backroom

Someone remind me, this "gagunderpressure" philosophy that Klopp has brought in, that's about running away from the ball to give time and space to teams who don't really deserve it? Right?

We aren't copying that style, are we?

Sounds like the style we employed under Bowyer, just replace 'teams who don't really deserve it' with 'everyone'.

Archived