BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Backroom

He was never a Premier League player in a million years. Bring him on for the last 15-20'minutes maybe but that would be it.

We did very well to get £6m for him, when you consider Gray went for just £3.75m. Appreciate Gray had a clause in his contract, but still.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one's an eye opener as to the problems at Villa. Search "My old man said" on Facebook (sorry can't post a link from my phone). Some videos after the Villa game today. Gestede must think that snowballs at Venkys really was a handshake in comparison. Also a video of Richards trying to talk to supporters during the game.

Edit: some YouTube links - same handle.

This one's an eye opener as to the problems at Villa. Search "My old man said" on Facebook (sorry can't post a link from my phone). Some videos after the Villa game today. Gestede must think that snowballs at Venkys really was a handshake in comparison. Also a video of Richards trying to talk to supporters during the game.

Edit: some YouTube links - same handle.

http://youtu.be/J8uIJV_sNNg

http://youtu.be/zCUabujK11Q

Just makes you wonder what they are hoping to achieve by doing that, and also why they would choose to spend their money on something that gets them in that state.

Rovers fans got miles more stick in the press for being less abusive than that.

Bet the media think it's 'fair enough'. Biased idiots.

City club fans "deserve better", town club fans "should think themselves lucky to have a club".

Or something to do with shifting newspapers and tv subscriptions.

Regardless of the media reaction Villa fans are still completely justified in their anger and frustration. Anyone who rightly abused Steve Kean should understand exactly how Villa fans feel and empathise with it. There's few things worse than being 100% right about something as Villa fans are and getting abused for it.

Lewandowski being linked to the Premier League again though not sure how Ancelotti (Pep's replacement) will react to that.

People will remember how he was linked to Rovers a few years ago only to be stopped by a volcano. At least that's what made a good headline but it wasn't the real reason. The fee wouldn't have been that much and to put it into perspective Allardyce somehow got 3 million for Derbyshire.

Lewandowski being linked to the Premier League again though not sure how Ancelotti (Pep's replacement) will react to that.

People will remember how he was linked to Rovers a few years ago only to be stopped by a volcano. At least that's what made a good headline but it wasn't the real reason. The fee wouldn't have been that much and to put it into perspective Allardyce somehow got 3 million for Derbyshire.

So what was the real reason then, do enlighten us?

Ah, the Huffington Post, no comment needed then!

http://theliepolitic.com/2009/04/the-lies-and-hate-of-the-liberal-huffingtonpostcom-dont-stop/

Do your research first pal before quoting outlandish claims.

So just going back a bit, have you got bored following Man City now?

Newcastle signing Jonjo Shelvey from Swansea for £12 MILLION. The world has gone mad.

Good money for him but no idea why Swansea are selling him? I rate him, got a couple of caps for England as well.

Surely, him playing for Swansea and helping in keeping them up, is worth much more to Swansea than £12m? Especially if they go down and Newcastle stay up! :blink:

Good money for him but no idea why Swansea are selling him? I rate him, got a couple of caps for England as well.

Surely, him playing for Swansea and helping in keeping them up, is worth much more to Swansea than £12m? Especially if they go down and Newcastle stay up! :blink:

I was told some time ago that he a disruptive influence in the changing room. Irrespective of that he is out of the frying pan into the fire.

Just noticed that Bournemouth are hovering above the bottom three. It strikes me as another south coast catastrophe waiting to happen if they go down given their recent outlays. Their wage bill must be massive and given their infrastructure difficult to maintain even with parachute payments.

• Backroom

Every time I've seen him play he's been bang average. If he was genuinely good he wouldn't keep getting moved on, either his attitude stinks or his talent is overhyped by the media. Perhaps a bit of both. The fact he has England caps is just a sad indication of the talent we have available to the national team at present.

Also worth remembering £12m really isn't that much in PL terms. Gestede went for £6m+ after all, and his only real attribute is heading.

Archived