BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told of someone who had a £10 pre season bet on Mourinho, Pellegrini, Van Gaal, Gary Monk, Gary Bowyer not to be in their jobs at the start of next season. Full cover, doubles, trebles etc.

Supposedly before Pellegrini was confirmed as going, he already had 16k guaranteed, with 72k to come if all 5 go. Mourinho being the real money maker, only LVG to go now.

No idea if it's true or not, sounded far fetched for the total stake to me, but the person who recounted the tale is normally reliable.

• Backroom

I was told of someone who had a £10 pre season bet on Mourinho, Pellegrini, Van Gaal, Gary Monk, Gary Bowyer not to be in their jobs at the start of next season. Full cover, doubles, trebles etc.

Supposedly before Pellegrini was confirmed as going, he already had 16k guaranteed, with 72k to come if all 5 go. Mourinho being the real money maker, only LVG to go now.

No idea if it's true or not, sounded far fetched for the total stake to me, but the person who recounted the tale is normally reliable.

Do bookies offer such specific bets?

Wouldnt be surprise if Garde quit Villa after they failed to sign a single player he wanted.

I heard He's just said as much on a radio interview to a french station. If so, Villa should tell him to go, how can he hold his head up in training and persuade players to play for him if he's sulking in the media?

Maybe he realises his record is awful, even with the squad he has, and is looking for an exit before he gets pushed?

Being one who hates Aston Vile for a few reasons, I'd love that. Then they'd be in the last chance saloon for the next mug. Paolo Di Canio?

They should try for Maradona just to stop being so boring. If it didn't work (with careful selection of surrounding staff) then so be it would get them global attention and more publicity for a takeover. They are virtually relegated anyway.

I suggested Maradona for Rovers 3 months before Venkys took over when Syed was looking good. Didn't imagine that an actual link would happen lol! Got called insane of course when I suggested it. When he was linked however a few respected people on here (such as Tom M) said similar things to me about excitement, right coaching staff, etc.

If you want to get out Lerner get out with a bang instead of boring everyone to death!

Oh no Vinjay I want them to fade into obsurity like Scarborough FC or Grimsby. They are an unpleasant club with unpleasant fans. And I live in Coventry, and fond of the city. They hate Villa, and that coke hound Merson.

As for when Maradona was linked to us after Sam was binned (wrong decision), I felt it was like being propositioned by Grace Jones or that blonde UFC woman-you might end up with brain shattering sex or in hospital. Or both.

Or as Futurama put it:

Well maybe we can agree they will always be more relevant than Birmingham City lol. Only reason Villa care about them is because they are in the same city.

Their new chairman Hollis said they needed a shake up. Well since they failed to land anyone in the trasnfer window they really need something BIG.

Being one who hates Aston Vile for a few reasons, I'd love that. Then they'd be in the last chance saloon for the next mug. Paolo Di Canio?

I dont hated them.

Feel sorry for the fans tbh.

Looking like Garde was told they spend money and they never did.

The Recruitment team at Villa are to blamed for bring in far too many unproven players in terms of PL Experience.

I think they should have left Sherwood in charge for this season.

Feel that Villa could do a Leeds and drop down to League 1 if they aren't careful about what they do next season management and recruitment wise

Its obvious that Lerner is responsible for many mistakes and he's a deeply boring man. One of the criticisms of course was his decision to cut funding though at least he got to make that decision himself. Its not like they spent nothing this past summer (Lambert hardly got anything during his tenure) but there's something poisonous inside that club. If Lerner does manage to sell it (and the value will certainly drop) then the new owner needs to go on a major firing spree and do something sensational to revitalize things. Other clubs have been in crisis but is there anything worse than being in crisis and boring at the same time? Nothing to lose so Lerner should do something that goes against every aspect of his boring personality and get Maradona.

Funny how Lerner suddenly joins the "evil foreigner" list and gets referred to as "the american" when things start going wrong. Not like their previous British owner was loved by their fans.

Villa need a new owner and a new manager.

I feel they need a manager who has knowledge and experience of the Championship if they are even going to challenge for Promotion.

Plus I would build my team around Gestede.

That's risky though. Gestede had a great year for us, but hasn't done much before/since to suggest he's anywhere near the price tag suggested.

However, it may well work in the Championship with the right type of service, although would only result in them immediately coming back down. From what I've seen, he's not even close to being a Premier League player.

That's risky though. Gestede had a great year for us, but hasn't done much before/since to suggest he's anywhere near the price tag suggested.

However, it may well work in the Championship with the right type of service, although would only result in them immediately coming back down. From what I've seen, he's not even close to being a Premier League player.

I think you're right. We got lucky with him. He's pretty limited apart from being the best header of the ball I've seen in a long time.

Archived