BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Villa still 10 points adrift. 11 if Newcastle win at Everton tomorrow. I've never seen a club just give up as they have.

If Villa are still plummeting in the Championship next season, and we're making a promotion push, Lambert will be laughing.

Great goal Vardey's but not the worldie volley they were making out on SSN last night. See Tugay for worldie volleys SSN.

Was saying precisely the same thing to a colleague this morning. He's caught it well, but you regularly see similar goals (we scored two in one game at Ewood a few years back - N'Zonzi and someone else, Roberts perhaps?)

Peter Crouch's goal for Stoke against City a couple of years ago was technically much better. Vardy's was a very good goal but they were going on about it on SSN as though it was the best goal any of them had ever seen.

Feel sorry for 900 Villa fans who travelled down

900? That can't be right, as I've been hearing on the radio what a massive club they are with a huge fan base.

• Moderation Lead

Some are still describing it as a volley? Have I missed a memo explaining a half-volley has been promoted to a volley?

I'm also annoyed by this! Imagine trying that in a game of heads and volleys where half-volleys weren't allowed? Idiots.

To me a half-volley is when you catch the ball on the UP from a bounce not when it's bounced and dropping or at the top of the bounce.

I was thinking the same. Even half volley is generous, he's just taken it on the bounce hasn't he?

I think you're right because I've always considered it a half-volley if you catch the ball on the way UP after the bounce not when it's dropping. Hitting a rising ball is much more difficult than a dropping one that's had the speed taken out of it after a bounce.

Archived