BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like his face didn't fit with Bowyer. Just watched him on MOTD and he looks handy.

Barrow was always going to get hauled back when he wasn't playing. You do a lower League Club a favour by loaning them one of your players and they (we) don't even play him. It's taking the proverbial really.

Cannot believe anyone could be doubting the ability of Ranieri to guide Leicester to the title.

I was surprised Leicester didn't strengthen in the transfer window but Ranieri's comments about the squad spirit at Leicester being the best he has ever worked with goes a long way to explaining why.

Late equaliser from Costa though not a great day for Chelsea with an injury to Kurt Zouma.

No apology from Jones. Does it take his so called "social media managers" this long to delete something?

My apologies, but have I missed something?

If you really want to be upset, spare a thought for those who passed too soon, and the way their families were mistreated

Heartlessly by the club,

Who, to them, were seen to cash in on the babes legacy.

My apologies, but have I missed something?

If you really want to be upset, spare a thought for those who passed too soon, and the way their families were mistreated

Heartlessly by the club,

Who, to them, were seen to cash in on the babes legacy.

Absolutely. I know all about that. What Jones has done sums up typical United morals but he should still apologise regardless of the clubs hypocrisy.

• Moderation Lead

Vinjay, with the greatest respect, aside from having his own name on it, there's nothing wrong with what Jones has put as far as I'm concerned.

You seem to have a real obsession with Man United if you don't mind my saying so...

On the face of it, he's using the victims of an air disaster to market his personal image.

Yes high PR, like signing and dancing with supporters in the concourse at Anfield. If he was making the 1st team more often he wouldn't need to.

On the face of it, he's using the victims of an air disaster to market his personal image.

I'm guessing it's because he's plastered his social media branding all over it. Unless I'm missing something?

Thanks for pointing that out. I had noticed the social branding but it holds zero interest for me so didn't really register. I assumed these logos are probably automated when he, or anyone with it enabled, posts.

Probably one person was "outraged" and started the whole tasteless thing across social media. It's how a lot of folk react these days.

Thanks for pointing that out. I had noticed the social branding but it holds zero interest for me so didn't really register. I assumed these logos are probably automated when he, or anyone with it enabled, posts.

Probably one person was "outraged" and started the whole tasteless thing across social media. It's how a lot of folk react these days.

It's certainly not automated. His branding and logo has been photoshopped onto the image. Just like all his other images carry the "PJ4" logo. The guy that designed that poster needs sacking, if he's part of the PR team that handles Jones' account. Some things should be sacred from self promotion and to me, this was one. Yes, some of the reactions on there are probably over the top but you can see where they're coming from. Plenty of other footballers,despite showcasing their branding on other tweets, paid tribute without promoting their brand. Jones should have done the same.

Making me laugh with his 'PJ4' branding, as if he's some sort of commercial juggernaut. Fair play trying to establish a brand but come on Phil, you are not, never have been and most likely never will be a marketable guy. A bit of originality wouldn't go amiss too, as it's pretty similar to 'CR7' and I'm also sure there are other more highly marketable footballers using a similar format for their brand. I'm not on any forms of social media so I wouldn't know for sure though.

Wonder how many will walk out on 77 minutes today.

A very respectable 10,000 apparently. I'm no supporter of high ticket prices, we largely quit PL away games for this reason, and feel Rovers ST price is about where prices should be for PL games.

Below is an interesting article. I did note, though I'm still not supporting it, the £77 tickets are for 6 matches, 200 seats per match. I suspect those who pay this are looking for networking opportunities at least as much, if not more, as watching football.

http://www.football365.com/news/enough-is-enough-youre-damn-right

It's certainly not automated. His branding and logo has been photoshopped onto the image. Just like all his other images carry the "PJ4" logo. The guy that designed that poster needs sacking, if he's part of the PR team that handles Jones' account. Some things should be sacred from self promotion and to me, this was one. Yes, some of the reactions on there are probably over the top but you can see where they're coming from. Plenty of other footballers,despite showcasing their branding on other tweets, paid tribute without promoting their brand. Jones should have done the same.

Thanks for the info re branding the poster etc. I certainly agree no one should seek commercial advantage from any tragedy.

What did strike me was there seems to have been virtually no main stream media attention. I was surprised, only knew of the anniversary, through a few Facebook posts. I do wonder about the motivation of other footballers. It's 58 years ago, I get the connection, but have these other players, no idea who, got any real connection with the event? Perhaps they've been more respectful but I'm not sure it's more than self promotion.

I had no idea what the fuss was about either. I'm glad it was explained.

Making me laugh with his 'PJ4' branding, as if he's some sort of commercial juggernaut. Fair play trying to establish a brand but come on Phil, you are not, never have been and most likely never will be a marketable guy. A bit of originality wouldn't go amiss too, as it's pretty similar to 'CR7' and I'm also sure there are other more highly marketable footballers using a similar format for their brand. I'm not on any forms of social media so I wouldn't know for sure though.

It doesn't help when you have the most punchable face in football. Since it hasn't been deleted that would surely indicate only one person has the password.

A very respectable 10,000 apparently. I'm no supporter of high ticket prices, we largely quit PL away games for this reason, and feel Rovers ST price is about where prices should be for PL games.

Below is an interesting article. I did note, though I'm still not supporting it, the £77 tickets are for 6 matches, 200 seats per match. I suspect those who pay this are looking for networking opportunities at least as much, if not more, as watching football.

http://www.football365.com/news/enough-is-enough-youre-damn-right

That is an excellent article and sums up how I, and millions of others must feel about present day football in this country, in fact, our society

in general.

Archived