BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was just remarking to my mate, Niall Quinn sitting on the fence and trying to justify it saying he could see why it was given! Mental.

Can only think Clattenberg only got one look at it and thought Sterling had turned his back on the ball, had his arms up in an unnatural position and assumed it hit his outstretched arms.

At first glance it looked like it hit him square in the back though. Weird.

So we all have to want them to win the league?

I think they will win it but if they won today it wouldn't have been interesting in the run in.

Vardy for me cheated, simple as and I'm happy it came back to bite him.

Just want to bring up David Speedie again and you were at that game correct? Though he did make it up to Leicester by helping them get promoted a couple of years later lol.

I remember the anger at people like Diouf for diving. The anger if anything should be directed at the referee if he fails to spot a blatant dive. Can't comment on Vardy as I haven't seen it.

Also Stuart if there's so much bias then how come Sky/FA (plus people like Wenger) have no issue with "technology" being brought in? The role of referee will be completely redundant soon which is a shame as I despise "technology" being introduced. As for Simpson no surprise he appears to be their weakest link.

Just want to bring up David Speedie again and you were at that game correct? Though he did make it up to Leicester by helping them get promoted a couple of years later lol.

I remember the anger at people like Diouf for diving. The anger if anything should be directed at the referee if he fails to spot a blatant dive. Can't comment on Vardy as I haven't seen it.

Also Stuart if there's so much bias then how come Sky/FA (plus people like Wenger) have no issue with "technology" being brought in? The role of referee will be completely redundant soon which is a shame as I despise "technology" being introduced. As for Simpson no surprise he appears to be their weakest link.

Luddite

Don't like this rubbish Klopp came out with. Should have taken pride in Liverpool's ruthlessness.

“Having six goalscorers – I can’t remember them all now – is perfect for the boys because it is important that they all really feel it is important to work in this way, but it is not a day to sing songs for us.

“You have to show respect for Aston Villa, a great club in a difficult situation. We came here and won the game, that’s important for us, but if someone wins 6-0 someone loses 6-0 and that is not nice. It is a good day for us but a hard day for Aston Villa.”

Lescott getting some criticism for posting a pic of a Mercedes on twitter following the defeat. Here's his excuse...

"I would like to add that the tweet sent out from my account involving a picture of a car was totally accidental. It happened whilst driving and my phone was in my pocket."

Got no problem with Lescott but what a laughable explanation.

Don't like this rubbish Klopp came out with. Should have taken pride in Liverpool's ruthlessness.

“Having six goalscorers – I can’t remember them all now – is perfect for the boys because it is important that they all really feel it is important to work in this way, but it is not a day to sing songs for us.

“You have to show respect for Aston Villa, a great club in a difficult situation. We came here and won the game, that’s important for us, but if someone wins 6-0 someone loses 6-0 and that is not nice. It is a good day for us but a hard day for Aston Villa.”

Think it shows a bit of class actually.

Speedie didn't dive, if thats what you are insinuating. He turned, beat the defender, who then put his arm across his chest, IN THE BOX.

Leicester fans can whine all they want, it was a clear Pen.

• Backroom

Very classy from Klopp and he's absolutely right. Results like that and teams like Villa make a mockery of the entire competition. Hopefully they won't be quite so embarrassing in the Championship.

Very classy from Klopp and he's absolutely right. Results like that and teams like Villa make a mockery of the entire competition. Hopefully they won't be quite so embarrassing in the Championship.

Er... hopefully they will! :rover:

• Backroom

Er... hopefully they will! :rover:

Happy for them to be when playing us, but wouldn't mind them giving the other teams a game... especially the six-fingered ones should they still be slumming it with us next season.

Obviously assuming we ourselves are still in the Championship... :unsure:

Not saying Klopp should have mocked Villa but to say winning 6-0 isn't nice is ridiculous. Praising his teams ruthlessness wouldn't be an insult to Villa.

What he said publicly and what he said in the privacy of the dressing room will have been different things.

Archived