SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FC Midtjylland 2 - 1 Manure

That has to be worse than Trelleborgs right ?

Please don't remind me of that game!!!

What says it all about Utd is that the result isn't that suprising. Fancy waxing all that dosh to play with so little pace, power or belief. They've been royally mugged on Di Maria, Mata, Herrara. Even Shaw was nearly 30 million, although I like him. Strewth.

The keeper and suprisingly Smalling have played very well consistently. The old Fergie teams would beat this lot, week in, week out.

Not that I care. Would imagine they'll win at home, but hope they get beat again.

Not so convinced that it's the players. There's a ghost a MU and until it's gone they might just find that they are replacing their manager every couple of years. I think Steve Bruce or, before he blotted his copy book by going to City, Mark Hughes could fit the bill. Giggs or Neville or even Solksjaer just aren't close. The only other obvious one is Mourinho but I'm not convinced he'd be a good fit.

Still it's fun for the neutrals ABUs. :)

Not so convinced that it's the players. There's a ghost a MU and until it's gone they might just find that they are replacing their manager every couple of years. I think Steve Bruce or, before he blotted his copy book by going to City, Mark Hughes could fit the bill. Giggs or Neville or even Solksjaer just aren't close. The only other obvious one is Mourinho but I'm not convinced he'd be a good fit.

Steve Bruce would fit what bill now?

Your quite right. Mourinho at face value seems perfect. But only at face value. He's a circus and it's all about him. United are bigger and used to be better than that.

Giggs isn't the answer. Neither is Bruce. Of that ilk and if going down that route with my own money, I'd get Roy Keane over either of those.

Hughes could do it but they won't have him and he's pish in front of the cameras. Souness could handle that size of job.

Hughes with Cantona as his right hand man!

Utd fan at work in a bad mood ha , he also lostt £50 on Utd bet as well . Van gall this & that . Think I made him worse when I said Utd are like spoilt brats and said swap places then .

You would think they were of non league standard and not 4th in league . Hated yes... rivals ? Do me a favour that's only dingles n nobbers

• Moderation Lead

Their team isn't that good, let's be honest. There's only De Gea that's top class. Rooney is off the boil massively, Depay and Martial may eventually get there and Schweinsteiger has been hugely disappointing. The rest of the players are bang average.

They can blame LVG all they want, and perhaps the football is dull, but then, so are the players.

• Moderation Lead

Horrendous waste of funds post Ferguson.

Just as Liverpool found in the 90s, once you lose that aura of invincibility you can quickly go into decline.

Funnily enough, I was talking to a United supporting pal of mine and he said 'we'll turn into Liverpool if we aren't careful'. I'd be inclined to agree. They've also over-paid for players who aren't even that good, as well as expecting too much from average players (Fellaini/Young/Valencia etc). It's embarrassing how they've had to use the kids so much. Though to be fair, some of them haven't looked all that bad, but you'd expect them to have more strength in depth than they do.

The French couldn't believe what utd were prepared to pay for martial. Their opinion was, he's good but not great and utd could have got him for less

"To be fair" (barf), for a long time there has been a price for other teams and a price for Man Utd. I think Jack might have started that particular trend over Shearer. :tu::lol:

• Moderation Lead

How many United players would get into the other teams in the top 4? Even top 6? De Gea definitely, possibly Mata. Other than that the rest would be lucky to get a place on the bench! Think that tells it's own story really.

Exactly. When they lost to Stoke earlier on in the season I thought that Stoke front 4 would even improve United's team! There's no point banding about a figure about what they need to invest, they could buy 10 new players and it wouldn't be enough.

How many United players would get into the other teams in the top 4? Even top 6? De Gea definitely, possibly Mata. Other than that the rest would be lucky to get a place on the bench! Think that tells it's own story really.

Little bit harsh. Smalling definitely would (Wenger is known to be a huge admirer). Rooney isn't as good as he once was, but any team in the Premier League would take him in their squad. Schneiderlin is excellent too (easily as good as the likes of Fernando, Dier, Coquelin etc), and Martial is one of the best young prospects around (although way overpriced).

That's still nowhere near enough though. LVG has wasted huge amounts of money there. Circa £250 million and they're no better than under Moyes. Nearly £70 million trying to rejuvenate the attack and they're just as toothless as before.

Little bit harsh. Smalling definitely would (Wenger is known to be a huge admirer). Rooney isn't as good as he once was, but any team in the Premier League would take him in their squad. Schneiderlin is excellent too (easily as good as the likes of Fernando, Dier, Coquelin etc), and Martial is one of the best young prospects around (although way overpriced).

That's still nowhere near enough though. LVG has wasted huge amounts of money there. Circa £250 million and they're no better than under Moyes. Nearly £70 million trying to rejuvenate the attack and they're just as toothless as before.

Squad, sure they would find a place. But in the actual team as in starting 11? That's what I was talking about. Possibly Smalling as you say over slow as a snail Mertesacker but even that would be pushing it imo, Smalling might just be best of a bad bunch at the minute. See if he can better himself next season.

Fernando barely gets into the starting 11 at City so not the most fair comparison. Dier is having an excellent season so I wouldn't dislodge him for Schneiderlin, nor Coquelin as he's the perfect foil for Cazorla, when the latter is fit.

Archived