SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I don't think I could cope with a Spus title win. Worrying thing is I think they might do it.

Leicesters fixtures are a dream, they should win every match in the next 5-6 and have it wrapped up long before end of the season.

Leicesters fixtures are a dream, they should win every match in the next 5-6 and have it wrapped up long before end of the season.

well to be fair they very nearly drew yesterday; in my opinion it COULD potentially come down to the last day of the season

its great to see Leicester and Spurs in the top 2. both play different styles but both very good to watch tho.

Man Utd played really very well. Also like LVG dive on the touchline.

Thought Arsenal was shocking poor.

Souness and Henry are ripping Arsenal apart about their poor performance

• Backroom

well to be fair they very nearly drew yesterday; in my opinion it COULD potentially come down to the last day of the season

Spurs away at Newcastle

Leicester away at Chelsea

Both could go either way

I know that's its relative if you are a Rovers fan but it must be so frustrating being an Arsenal supporter.

Every year they think that they have a chance at trophies. Yet every year they implode by about 1st March.

This season must be worse. They have a better side and still b@lls it up. Then it's compounded by the fact that spurs are looking good.

It's been blindingly obvious for years that Wenger needed a top class keeper, central defender, and holding midfielder. He now has the keeper; only because Cech didn't want to leave London, but won't address the other two.

Instead he buys cloggers like Gabriel and stores up on talented under performers like Walcott, Ox, Rosiky, Wilshere, Giroud, Ozil (in big games).

I hope Leicester win it. I also hope Man U finish outside the top 4. With them and Chelsea out of the Champs league it will make next season really interesting.

You get a yellow card for taking off your shirt when celebrating. You get a yellow card for going into the crowd.

Should Coutinho have been sent off, by the letter of the law?

One of the best finals I've seen for a while, mind. Second have has been pulsating.

Vinjay must be buzzing.

Not a term that's ever been part of my vernacular and the fact that prats like Phil Jones (on twitter today) use it further justifies its position on my "annoying words" list.

Well done City!

Congrats Vinjay :)

Although a penalty shootout is the worst thing for a footy fan when your team is involved.

Thank you!

Oh I think he would

I'm not going to keep explaining this publicly (especially since I've had to rewrite this because of a bloody annoying accidental deletion) but one more time...

I went to City because a friend asked me to go with him. It was just after being kicked out of Ewood and nobody backed me up in protest or with the Qatar flags at Wigan. That at the time was the final straw for me and frankly if I hadn't left probably would have been arrested or banned at some point. I was losing control and had to be as far away as possible. The arguments with other fans were at the point it was taking an emotional toll on me. If you don't think stuff like that has an effect look at all the arguments over the protests and factions fighting BRAG, etc. Look at all the people who have stopped going to Ewood and the members who won't post on here any more. I was ecstatic when they won the title and how could you not be pleased for them? I was even happier when I got home (didn't have a ticket but continued my trend of "breaking" into Premier League grounds that season as I got in through the turnstiles just after the final whistle lol) and saw that @#/? Jones and Ferguson at Sunderland. Even that was about Rovers more than anything else.

Don't think any of you realise just how hurtful all the "good luck Phil" and "you're not a real fan Vinjay for not wishing luck to him" comments were. They are the most hurtful comments that have ever been made to me. I can deal with most insults and brush them aside but that one really cut me deep. I know I've said some cruel things in the past but most of those were made out of anger not outright cruelty. Its not just about me either there's other Rovers fans who hate United/Jones and no consideration was shown to their feelings whatsoever. I haven't actually been to any City games in over 2 years and the majority I attended were in 2012. I deliberately gave people the impression I was attending a lot more usually with an anti-Jones comment alongside it. I was angry, bitter and miserable in general and I took a lot of that anger out on Rovers fans. The guy I was going with is in prison at the moment and due to developing severe social anxiety I didn't want to go on my own.

Recently that has improved (along with my depression issues) but it was Ewood I chose to return to not the Etihad. Other people have stopped going to Ewood because of the owners, relegation, etc. To be honest I think it took a hell of a lot more than that to get rid of me lol! For goodness sake if I left just because of the owners it would have happened in 2005 lol! Its the Walker family/trustees to blame for all this in the first place. They were the reason I started posting on here (and the negative reaction had a chain effect with more and more things becoming a problem) and I was right about them all along. No wonder I hate them so much and would love nothing more in life than to see them destitute in the gutter. Especially Howard Walker.

People call me a glory hunter and who can blame them considering the timing? Honestly though if City had still been where they were in 2006 I would have gone under similar circumstances at Ewood. The guy who I went to City games with is someone I've known for a very long time. It didn't take much persuading because of that alone. It would be far more accurate to accuse me of going there because I hate United. People might say why didn't you go to Liverpool instead of choosing the richest club? Well because I find Liverpool fans irritating and London clubs were too far (don't like Chelsea fans especially or the others particularly)for a day out. Plus nobody asked me its highly unlikely I would have gone to any City games otherwise! A good day out with fans and a club I like was all it was. Nothing like the deep emotional investment I've had in Rovers even in the past few years I've cared more about what was happening here. Do you think I look at Mansour in the same way I think of Jack Walker? Not even close though Mansour is a brilliant owner and what he has done for City is absolutely brilliant beyond description.

I won't deny that I'm obsessed with United. Infact I detest them so much that I struggle to function without an outlet for expressing it. Rovers used to be that outlet (and I can't function without Rovers in general either) but after Jack died more and more people kept asking...why do you hate United? Why do you hate United? Why do you hate United over and over again. Its no wonder I kept calling people hypocrites and for anyone who says Rovers fans didn't hate United they are WRONG. That's why I kept bringing up that Peter White quote (and Jack Walker over Shearer, etc) so much in the past because you kept forcing me to try and justify my hatred of them. Perhaps people did hate Burnley in 1997 maybe I was wrong with that. It just never came across to me back then for goodness sake Phil Lloyd said in 2000 (wrote a column in LT back then) that Rovers fans would be playing down the fixture as "just another game." Rovers didn't even sell out the away allocation but for some reason things changed even after promotion.

If you're just going to come back and say United aren't rivals, we hate Burnley, etc don't bother responding. The point of the post is simply to justify my hatred of United as I've largely given up trying to switch Rovers fans focus to United. If I couldn't do it between 2005-2011 hardly likely its going to work now!

Rovers wasn't just an outlet for hating United though it was certainly appealing. When I started becoming interested in football the first club I felt any emotional feelings towards were United. Those feelings were just complete and utter dislike just from the beginning particularly as their fans just seemed so obnoxious and arrogant. Other kids who supported United annoyed me a lot more than others. The next club I became emotionally interested in was Rovers and those feelings of course were all very positive certainly back then! None of the anger in 1997 that's for sure! Ironically enough of course many people in Blackburn REALLY HATED United at that time and that certainly came across to me! I'm not bitter than I missed out on 1995 because I saw most of those players anyway.

Hodgson's initial months were as good as anything in 95 and some think the football was even better. In 95 I was a bit too young to have grasped the sheer magnitude of winning the title anyway. In 98 I was still a child though certainly a bit more aware of how special winning the title again (as Rovers had ambitions to do at the time) would be. Really its the fans who were around in the 70's and 80's who were rewarded more than anyone and I'm certainly not old enough (well I was born in the 80's but you should know what I mean) to have been around then. I won't deny that there was (and still is) some bitterness going from ambitions of challenging for titles to beating Burnley being the most important thing for so many. Abramovich would have changed things even if the trustees had backed the club more. I can accept that the club had to reduce ambition but to go from that to seemingly being interested in nothing but Burnley is what's hard to take. I know people will be annoyed at me bringing it up again but seriously look at the Millwall game. People cared more about beating Burnley than going to Wembley and just because I stopped going myself didn't make my anger any less justified. Infact it just made me more determined to stay away at that point. If it happened now I'll be able to tolerate it more but it would still be wrong that's for damn sure!

I'll always support Rovers over City. Not saying I'll never go to the Etihad ever again though and if anyone has an issue with it then that's their problem. City aren't even in the same league at the moment. If they are in the future I won't go to any league games there unless its against Rovers. Yes I'm a fan of many things about City but not the same deep investment I have as a Rovers FAN!

It is the FINAL TIME I am publicly explaining this. There's nothing to justify as far as I'm concerned. If you're going to keep droning on about it either PM or I'll post the link to this in my signature. Got nothing to be ashamed of really though there are certain things I regret saying.

Archived