BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

What he said publicly and what he said in the privacy of the dressing room will have been different things.

Seemed a bit patronising to me (and some Villa fans) though I haven't got any big problems with Klopp. Though LFC fans would probably want complaints from him if they kept selling players to United as Dortmund did with Bayern.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seemed a bit patronising to me (and some Villa fans) though I haven't got any big problems with Klopp. Though LFC fans would probably want complaints from him if they kept selling players to United as Dortmund did with Bayern.

You're going to give yourself an ulcer Vinj.

• Backroom

Confession time - I thought Simpsons first yellow card was a different foul, I think it was Fuchs maybe

Still after a soft first yellow the second was idiotic

Probably,

Anything could happen in the PL thread this year,

It's more like fantasy football at the moment with Leicester top and Tottyham hotspurs second FFS

you couldn't make it up

Leicester being where they are is off the scale but Tottenham doing well isn't that much of a surprise is it?

I rate Poccettino incredibly highly.

Leicester being where they are is off the scale but Tottenham doing well isn't that much of a surprise is it?

They were 150-1 before the season started, it's still a huge shock.

There's a lot to like about this Tottenham team. Lots of good English talent in there (Kane, Alli, Dier, Rose, Walker etc) and they play football how it should be played; high intensity, aggressive pressing, rampaging fullbacks.

He didn't. He said someone had to lose 6-0, which isn't nice

Quite correct, read in full the quote is quite humble and exactly the opposite of classless. It shows he has feelings not just for himself and his team but for the opponents in general. He correctly described Aston Villa as a big club in difficult times.

• Backroom

Poccettino does seem like the real deal. Really hope he doesn't end up somewhere like Man U or Chelsea.

An interesting article on the work rate of the Tottenham players. They are still doing double sessions and it would appear this has been instrumental in their success so far this season.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3447845/Tottenham-Hotspur-running-title-Christian-Eriksen-leading-charge-Premier-League-glory.html

Only if they keep it going

Spurs joint 2nd at this stage of the season is highly unusual. Don't think their levels will drop too much, but its all pretty new to them and they may be best prioritising the PL ahead of the cups. Another striker would have helped. Good little manager that lad. Bet Chelsea are watching.

Interesting division. If betting my last fiver at this stage I'd say Arsenal but it is wide open and they've some tough fixtures. Players returning may be key as is Petr Czech. Top player.

The thing I like about Tottenham is he appears to have gotten them out of trying to buy a team and instead is trying to blend a few good signings around some very talented youngsters, and is prepared to stick with the kids.

• Moderation Lead

I'd be concerned for them if Kane got injured, but aside from that I'd say they're very well stocked in every position. Rotation seems to be actually working for them!

Spurs joint 2nd at this stage of the season is highly unusual. Don't think their levels will drop too much, but its all pretty new to them and they may be best prioritising the PL ahead of the cups. Another striker would have helped. Good little manager that lad. Bet Chelsea are watching.

Interesting division. If betting my last fiver at this stage I'd say Arsenal but it is wide open and they've some tough fixtures. Players returning may be key as is Petr Czech. Top player.

They have a tough run in compared to Leicester who only have the PL to concentrate on

Front page of Birmingham Mail other day. There's also an online graphic with the most "common messages" being sent in presumably after the swear filter was turned on!

CbSjDzSWAAElyCH.jpg

Not much Lerner probably could do at this point. Villa fans should direct some outrage at UEFA and FUP as well since there's no doubt its devalued the club in past few years. Not that Lerner is doing an awful lot to improve it himself! The main issues with Lerner are clearly manager turnover (in Lambert's case he had very limited funding after Lerner made the decision for himself to limit spending) and unpopular staff like Hollis and Fox being appointed.

Garde's demeanor may look poor and you could say it sends a defeatist message to his players. Though once again you only have to look at Lambert's face since he left! Even his eyesight is better now he's out of Villa Park! :)

This does show though there's never any guarantees with the "fit and proper" test even if the FA did strengthen pre-takeover conditions. Lerner was well liked initially despite being rather boring in my opinion. So you don't know what might happen years down the line. In some cases its even been the opposite Stoke fans certainly were not happy when Peter Coates rebought the club. Some people are saying Lerner wasn't a great owner of Cleveland Browns so maybe there were blatant warning signs from the beginning.

Still I don't think the vast majority of Villa fans will apologise for wanting Doug Ellis out.

Front page of Birmingham Mail other day. There's also an online graphic with the most "common messages" being sent in presumably after the swear filter was turned on!

CbSjDzSWAAElyCH.jpg

Not much Lerner probably could do at this point. Villa fans should direct some outrage at UEFA and FUP as well since there's no doubt its devalued the club in past few years. Not that Lerner is doing an awful lot to improve it himself! The main issues with Lerner are clearly manager turnover (in Lambert's case he had very limited funding after Lerner made the decision for himself to limit spending) and unpopular staff like Hollis and Fox being appointed.

Garde's demeanor may look poor and you could say it sends a defeatist message to his players. Though once again you only have to look at Lambert's face since he left! Even his eyesight is better now he's out of Villa Park! :)

This does show though there's never any guarantees with the "fit and proper" test even if the FA did strengthen pre-takeover conditions. Lerner was well liked initially despite being rather boring in my opinion. So you don't know what might happen years down the line. In some cases its even been the opposite Stoke fans certainly were not happy when Peter Coates rebought the club. Some people are saying Lerner wasn't a great owner of Cleveland Browns so maybe there were blatant warning signs from the beginning.

Still I don't think the vast majority of Villa fans will apologise for wanting Doug Ellis out.

Lerner put a lot of money into Villa, but once he realised he needed to put a hell of a lot more in to win anything, he decided to limit the investment. I'm pretty sure if there was a decent offer on the table that he would hand over the reigns. Villa are going down because they have appointed a succession of managers who have failed. There are plenty of other clubs in the PL who haven't spent the money Villa have, and are doing OK.

Oh and by the way, every credit to the Birmingham Mail, making the 'time to go Steve' headline in the LT, after 18 months of Venkys & Kean, seem as weak as it was at the time.

Lerner put a lot of money into Villa, but once he realised he needed to put a hell of a lot more in to win anything, he decided to limit the investment. I'm pretty sure if there was a decent offer on the table that he would hand over the reigns. Villa are going down because they have appointed a succession of managers who have failed. There are plenty of other clubs in the PL who haven't spent the money Villa have, and are doing OK.

Oh and by the way, every credit to the Birmingham Mail, making the 'time to go Steve' headline in the LT, after 18 months of Venkys & Kean, seem as weak as it was at the time.

Yeah thought the exact same thing about the LT even looked at a pic comparing the 2. Its not just managers though (once again Lambert was cash strapped) its the people Lerner's appointed in executive positions as well.

Here's a quite amusing poll from the Metro.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/02/14/aston-villa-fans-call-for-tom-fox-to-be-sacked-after-shocking-6-0-liverpool-defeat-5681665/

I wouldn't disagree that it's not just the managers, given these people chose the wrong management, but then again Id still back Allardyce to have kept Villa in the PL had he been there since the summer.

I believe Vile have a 'transfer committee' of board members who decide such matters. I'm not sure what input the manager has, but it isn't working. The rot set in when the energetic O'Neill left to be replaced an ill Houllier, followed by the unimaginative corpse that was McLeish who was crap at Birmingham City. Lambert couldn't inspire a turnaround for a few reasons , and Sherwood was a joke appointment. It seems they need to crash like Southampton before they can dream of revival.

I believe Vile have a 'transfer committee' of board members who decide such matters. I'm not sure what input the manager has, but it isn't working. The rot set in when the energetic O'Neill left to be replaced an ill Houllier, followed by the unimaginative corpse that was McLeish who was crap at Birmingham City. Lambert couldn't inspire a turnaround for a few reasons , and Sherwood was a joke appointment. It seems they need to crash like Southampton before they can dream of revival.

Villa have been going down hill for years.

I dont think Sherwood was a joke appointment.

I thought he would do well there but I dont think he got many of his choice of signings. I read somewhere that Villa signing Gestede was his choice. But many others werent.

Adam Johnson won't be sued by Sunderland.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6938703/Adam-Johnson-will-NOT-be-sued-by-Sunderland-after-sacking-him-for-breach-of-contract-following-guilty-plea.html

Fan with "Adam Johnson tattoo" now wants to get it removed.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/manchester-city-fan-adam-johnson-10902330

He has no tactical nous, and relies far too much on 'passion' to get results. A bit like Stuart Pearce or Paolo Di Canio (though he's less psychotic). He's far better doing his behind the scenes role he did at Spurs.

Not all managers have great tactical nous. Perhaps Sherwood just needs the right coaches and supporting staff around him. He didn't seem to be the worst Villa have had. Also briefly alleviated the utter boredom Villa fans have endured (in recent years) by reaching the FA Cup final. Even if they did ultimately get thrashed.

Villa certainly aren't boring at the moment though...at least off the field anyway.

Archived