BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well to be fair they very nearly drew yesterday; in my opinion it COULD potentially come down to the last day of the season

They are in unfamiliar territory and the danger is they could choke as the big prize gets nearer.

It happened to us!

Thought Leicester might bottle this one tonight (well they still could), but they've got their noses back in front after falling behind.

I can't be the only one that would like to see Newcastle go down can I? But as with us in The Championship no matter how bad they are, there are always 3-4 worse teams.

Villa have gone and I think Swansea and Norwich will go with them. DAMMIT!

Thought Leicester might bottle this one tonight (well they still could), but they've got their noses back in front after falling behind.

I can't be the only one that would like to see Newcastle go down can I? But as with us in The Championship no matter how bad they are, there are always 3-4 worse teams.

Newcastle to be relegated?

I hear you Husky brother.

Certainly not. I can actually remember chants (at pre season v Hibernian definitely remember clearly not that the game had many other highlights) mocking Shearer after they were relegated. Considering Shearer hadn't been booed since 2000 (and played in that Parkes testimonial) it was surprising.

I'm not going to keep explaining this publicly (especially since I've had to rewrite this because of a bloody annoying accidental deletion) but one more time...

I went to City because a friend asked me to go with him. It was just after being kicked out of Ewood and nobody backed me up in protest or with the Qatar flags at Wigan. That at the time was the final straw for me and frankly if I hadn't left probably would have been arrested or banned at some point. I was losing control and had to be as far away as possible. The arguments with other fans were at the point it was taking an emotional toll on me. If you don't think stuff like that has an effect look at all the arguments over the protests and factions fighting BRAG, etc. Look at all the people who have stopped going to Ewood and the members who won't post on here any more. I was ecstatic when they won the title and how could you not be pleased for them? I was even happier when I got home (didn't have a ticket but continued my trend of "breaking" into Premier League grounds that season as I got in through the turnstiles just after the final whistle lol) and saw that @#/? Jones and Ferguson at Sunderland. Even that was about Rovers more than anything else.

Don't think any of you realise just how hurtful all the "good luck Phil" and "you're not a real fan Vinjay for not wishing luck to him" comments were. They are the most hurtful comments that have ever been made to me. I can deal with most insults and brush them aside but that one really cut me deep. I know I've said some cruel things in the past but most of those were made out of anger not outright cruelty. Its not just about me either there's other Rovers fans who hate United/Jones and no consideration was shown to their feelings whatsoever. I haven't actually been to any City games in over 2 years and the majority I attended were in 2012. I deliberately gave people the impression I was attending a lot more usually with an anti-Jones comment alongside it. I was angry, bitter and miserable in general and I took a lot of that anger out on Rovers fans. The guy I was going with is in prison at the moment and due to developing severe social anxiety I didn't want to go on my own.

Recently that has improved (along with my depression issues) but it was Ewood I chose to return to not the Etihad. Other people have stopped going to Ewood because of the owners, relegation, etc. To be honest I think it took a hell of a lot more than that to get rid of me lol! For goodness sake if I left just because of the owners it would have happened in 2005 lol! Its the Walker family/trustees to blame for all this in the first place. They were the reason I started posting on here (and the negative reaction had a chain effect with more and more things becoming a problem) and I was right about them all along. No wonder I hate them so much and would love nothing more in life than to see them destitute in the gutter. Especially Howard Walker.

People call me a glory hunter and who can blame them considering the timing? Honestly though if City had still been where they were in 2006 I would have gone under similar circumstances at Ewood. The guy who I went to City games with is someone I've known for a very long time. It didn't take much persuading because of that alone. It would be far more accurate to accuse me of going there because I hate United. People might say why didn't you go to Liverpool instead of choosing the richest club? Well because I find Liverpool fans irritating and London clubs were too far (don't like Chelsea fans especially or the others particularly)for a day out. Plus nobody asked me its highly unlikely I would have gone to any City games otherwise! A good day out with fans and a club I like was all it was. Nothing like the deep emotional investment I've had in Rovers even in the past few years I've cared more about what was happening here. Do you think I look at Mansour in the same way I think of Jack Walker? Not even close though Mansour is a brilliant owner and what he has done for City is absolutely brilliant beyond description.

I won't deny that I'm obsessed with United. Infact I detest them so much that I struggle to function without an outlet for expressing it. Rovers used to be that outlet (and I can't function without Rovers in general either) but after Jack died more and more people kept asking...why do you hate United? Why do you hate United? Why do you hate United over and over again. Its no wonder I kept calling people hypocrites and for anyone who says Rovers fans didn't hate United they are WRONG. That's why I kept bringing up that Peter White quote (and Jack Walker over Shearer, etc) so much in the past because you kept forcing me to try and justify my hatred of them. Perhaps people did hate Burnley in 1997 maybe I was wrong with that. It just never came across to me back then for goodness sake Phil Lloyd said in 2000 (wrote a column in LT back then) that Rovers fans would be playing down the fixture as "just another game." Rovers didn't even sell out the away allocation but for some reason things changed even after promotion.

If you're just going to come back and say United aren't rivals, we hate Burnley, etc don't bother responding. The point of the post is simply to justify my hatred of United as I've largely given up trying to switch Rovers fans focus to United. If I couldn't do it between 2005-2011 hardly likely its going to work now!

Rovers wasn't just an outlet for hating United though it was certainly appealing. When I started becoming interested in football the first club I felt any emotional feelings towards were United. Those feelings were just complete and utter dislike just from the beginning particularly as their fans just seemed so obnoxious and arrogant. Other kids who supported United annoyed me a lot more than others. The next club I became emotionally interested in was Rovers and those feelings of course were all very positive certainly back then! None of the anger in 1997 that's for sure! Ironically enough of course many people in Blackburn REALLY HATED United at that time and that certainly came across to me! I'm not bitter than I missed out on 1995 because I saw most of those players anyway.

Hodgson's initial months were as good as anything in 95 and some think the football was even better. In 95 I was a bit too young to have grasped the sheer magnitude of winning the title anyway. In 98 I was still a child though certainly a bit more aware of how special winning the title again (as Rovers had ambitions to do at the time) would be. Really its the fans who were around in the 70's and 80's who were rewarded more than anyone and I'm certainly not old enough (well I was born in the 80's but you should know what I mean) to have been around then. I won't deny that there was (and still is) some bitterness going from ambitions of challenging for titles to beating Burnley being the most important thing for so many. Abramovich would have changed things even if the trustees had backed the club more. I can accept that the club had to reduce ambition but to go from that to seemingly being interested in nothing but Burnley is what's hard to take. I know people will be annoyed at me bringing it up again but seriously look at the Millwall game. People cared more about beating Burnley than going to Wembley and just because I stopped going myself didn't make my anger any less justified. Infact it just made me more determined to stay away at that point. If it happened now I'll be able to tolerate it more but it would still be wrong that's for damn sure!

I'll always support Rovers over City. Not saying I'll never go to the Etihad ever again though and if anyone has an issue with it then that's their problem. City aren't even in the same league at the moment. If they are in the future I won't go to any league games there unless its against Rovers. Yes I'm a fan of many things about City but not the same deep investment I have as a Rovers FAN!

It is the FINAL TIME I am publicly explaining this. There's nothing to justify as far as I'm concerned. If you're going to keep droning on about it either PM or I'll post the link to this in my signature. Got nothing to be ashamed of really though there are certain things I regret saying.[/quote

To much information

• Backroom

Another goal for Gestede but Villa are coming down to the Championship now

Shame for Rudy; on paper it was a decent move and with 6 goals he's actually their top scorer but I doubt he's enjoyed his season in the top flight much.

Really want Sunderland to stay up now - we could do with them not needing Gomez and Graham

Hadn't considered that. Will definitely be rooting for Sunderland from now on.

I'll also be rooting for Middlesbrough to go up. We need that £2 million!

Just tell them they must give up their league spot, and off you pop.

I'm sure its United and that prick Ayre at Liverpool mostly putting it forward. City certainly haven't supported FUP but if Arsenal and Chelsea make it 4-1 in favor what choice is there? Despite City fans hatred of UEFA they aren't the type who will want something like this. Unlike those at Old Scumford at least Liverpool fans might be against it.

I'm no expert but those pictures look photoshopped.

At first glance the 4th photo does look a bit odd, but could be because of the strange lighting at the front of the hotel (see pic at bottom) add in car headlights and camera flashes etc.

It's hardly a clandestine meeting with all those photos of it is it? Let them have it as an alternative to league football in their home countries. They have largely tv fans anyway and the rest of us could get on with watching proper football.

I thinks this is a shot across UEFA's bows, to force them into a re organisation of the Champs League.

Which will only have the effect of devaluing domestic league football even more.

Greed slowly killing the game.

I'm sure its United and that prick Ayre at Liverpool mostly putting it forward. City certainly haven't supported FUP but if Arsenal and Chelsea make it 4-1 in favor what choice is there? Despite City fans hatred of UEFA they aren't the type who will want something like this. Unlike those at Old Scumford at least Liverpool fans might be against it.

The FA can reject it if they want. They could have stopped the Premier League from being formed but wanted to point score against the Football League and dilute their power so allowed it to happen. They are the governing body of football in England. If they don't like it they can refuse it. But then again this is the organisation that has allowed the Premier League and Sky to destroy English football and allowed ASDA and Winkelman to steal Wimbledon FC so I wont hold my breath about them standing up for the good of the game.

I also imagine UEFA and the Premier League boys would put up a fight also. A Super League would virtually destroy the appeal of their competitions and the TV revenues they could attract.

I thinks this is a shot across UEFA's bows, to force them into a re organisation of the Champs League.

Which will only have the effect of devaluing domestic league football even more.

Greed slowly killing the game.

UEFA will be terrified of the prospect of the bigger clubs forming another competition, so I imagine the next stage will be to bring in a coefficient system where those clubs who have done well in Europe over a period of years are the ones who automatically qualify. This would wipe out the chances of one season wonders like Leicester gatecrashing the party as they have no track record of success, whilst the likes of Liverpool and United, who have won the competition recently and have reached the latter stages numerous times, could afford a few bad seasons yet still have the 'points' in the bag from earlier years.

Archived