BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

Didnt Big Sam say today that Johnson told them that he was pleading not guilty to all charges then change to guilty pleads for 2 at the last minute???

Villa latest

Players expect Garde to leave

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/aston-villas-players-believe-remi-7480436

Senior players question Garde's style

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/12182723/Aston-Villa-squad-split-in-two-as-senior-players-openly-question-Remi-Gardes-management-style.html

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It certainly seems that Arsenal are having their usual wobble again and potentially end up with nothing. Every year there is a clamour for them to strengthen in certain positions and bring in players of a certain character which might get them over the line but Wenger always resists and goes with lightweight approach.

I always think of the Brian Clough quote when I think of Arsenal - 'they float like a butterfly and sting like one'.

Never did understand Wenger.. for all the plaudits of how clever he is.. he certainly has not worked out why the invincibles had the seasons they did, based on a backbone of players like campbell, Parlour and Viera with the likes of Bergkamp and Henry up front.. they really took a very strange route seems like they want to win it now without having those gritty players you need.

Don't go there that guy makes me an angry chap.. talk about ignorance.. “What would Manchester United argue: did we create soccer or did Leicester create (it)?

Never did understand Wenger.. for all the plaudits of how clever he is.. he certainly has not worked out why the invincibles had the seasons they did, based on a backbone of players like campbell, Parlour and Viera with the likes of Bergkamp and Henry up front.. they really took a very strange route seems like they want to win it now without having those gritty players you need.

Don't go there that guy makes me an angry chap.. talk about ignorance.. “What would Manchester United argue: did we create soccer or did Leicester create (it)?

The Chinese did

I've been trying to sober up a bit whilst enjoying this game.

The atmosphere has been toxic and poisonous.......I wonder if the numpties at Sky are going to report this. Or don't they do that any more?

This King sure can finish can't he? ^_^

The whole thing is starting to smell very, very strongly to me. There are some kind of agreements going on, either said or unsaid. It makes no sense that Watford tear themselves running to the ground leaving bones and bodies every time they go out against Liverpool or any other "big club," but sleep-walk to give Leicester the 3 points here. Same with a lot of the other clubs of their stature in the Prem. And I am not a fan of the "big clubs" at all, but what is going on is a hit on the integrity of the league. If there's a collective effort to take down some teams while giving others easier time, and I think there are definitive signs of that going on, that is not fair at the slightest, regardless of how "sympathetic" some may find Leicester.

The whole thing is starting to smell very, very strongly to me. There are some kind of agreements going on, either said or unsaid. It makes no sense that Watford tear themselves running to the ground leaving bones and bodies every time they go out against Liverpool or any other "big club," but sleep-walk to give Leicester the 3 points here. Same with a lot of the other clubs of their stature in the Prem. And I am not a fan of the "big clubs" at all, but what is going on is a hit on the integrity of the league. If there's a collective effort to take down some teams while giving others easier time, and I think there are definitive signs of that going on, that is not fair at the slightest, regardless of how "sympathetic" some may find Leicester.

No idea what your ranting about.. this stage in the season Watford can only really play for places, no chance of relegation or challenging near the top.. Leicester have everything to play for. And to be honest both of Leicesters last two opponents Norwich and West Brom played well against them, Norwich where imo unlucky not to at least get a point so I doubt it is any form of conspiracy, Leicester got where they are beating some of the toughest teams in the league, and they actually deserve it.

Sad to see Norwich looking like relegation material, they have played pretty well this season without getting the results, live in Norwich myself so part of me wants them to stay up and part get relegated so I can watch them against Rovers.

If Gomez continues playing like he did today then I'll have Hoolahan in a heartbeat. Would be nice to have both

I think Hoolahan may end up here yet, even if only for a season or two

• Backroom

Sad to see Norwich looking like relegation material, they have played pretty well this season without getting the results, live in Norwich myself so part of me wants them to stay up and part get relegated so I can watch them against Rovers.

Suffice to say it'll be good times in this part of the world if Norwich go down :) an East Anglian derby to look forward to again and a short trip to see Rovers play.

It does look increasing like it'll be Villa, Norwich and one out of Sunderland/Newcastle.

• Backroom

If Kante doesn't get player of the season it's a travesty, seems behind Vardy and Mahrez in terms of praise but he's their driving force

• Backroom

Bloody hell that finish from King - when did he learn to strike a ball that hard?

He's always been able to strike a ball with power, we were just used to seeing it balloon into the stands or towards the corner flag. I assume he's been working on his finishing.

Archived