SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Unfortunately I think it will ultimately be Man City who win the title, despite being out of sorts for much of the season, but even if Leicester finish in the top 4 that will be one hell of an achievement. This is a club that nearly got relegated last season and has the likes of Danny Drinkwater, Wes Morgan and Danny Simpson playing regularly for them! For them to be where they are now is incredible, and thus far you have to say they deserve it. They just have to pray Vardy and Mahrez remain injury free.

Quite frankly it puts the likes of Man United to shame. £250m and what do they have to show for it? Nothing beyond boring anybody who watches them to tears. I genuinely thought Van Gaal would turn them around, but he's made them into the modern equivalent of George Graham's Arsenal, albeit with much more cash.

Don't think they would have scored if they played for another 90 minutes. They only had one shot on target the entire match!

They didn't need to score once upon a time, just make their way into the penalty area and let the ref settle it!

Moreover no away side was ever awarded a penalty at Old Trafford. Wasn't it 2 or 3 awarded in the previous ten years or something? I remember that stat being quoted when we got one and Dunn missed it!

Neil Custis of The Sun calling for the United board to fire LVG. As some may know LVG referred to Custis as a "fat man" and had another dig at him on Saturday as well. LVG was the same at Barcelona with the media and their fans not only gave him verbal abuse but waved white hankies as well. Though unlike at United :lol: he did actually win something there.

Reckon Mourinho will be there within a matter of days.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6883822/Manchester-United-need-to-get-rid-of-boss-Louis-van-Gaal-NOW.html

Elsewhere there was a suggestion Chelsea have Hughes on their managerial shortlist. People always said imagine what Hughes could do with more money while he was at Ewood. I always said you never know for sure because some managers are far worse with big money than limited funds. Its certainly fair to say thats the case with Hughes so I can't imagine why Chelsea would want him. Apparently Deschamps is also on their shortlist.

Neil Custis of The Sun calling for the United board to fire LVG. As some may know LVG referred to Custis as a "fat man" and had another dig at him on Saturday as well. LVG was the same at Barcelona with the media and their fans not only gave him verbal abuse but waved white hankies as well. Though unlike at United :lol: he did actually win something there.

Reckon Mourinho will be there within a matter of days.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/6883822/Manchester-United-need-to-get-rid-of-boss-Louis-van-Gaal-NOW.html

Elsewhere there was a suggestion Chelsea have Hughes on their managerial shortlist. People always said imagine what Hughes could do with more money while he was at Ewood. I always said you never know for sure because some managers are far worse with big money than limited funds. Its certainly fair to say thats the case with Hughes so I can't imagine why Chelsea would want him. Apparently Deschamps is also on their shortlist.

I like this in the headline

"Old Trafford board must act before it’s too late"

to late for what ?

Since there's no specific league cup thread might as well post this here. Liverpool and Stoke have gone to penalties maybe Hughes will actually win a semi final.

Much better team lost. I think Stoke will regret not really going for the second goal.

Also, can you remove some of the asterisks from your signature please Vinjay, its messing with my screen resolution. Ta.

You make a fair point, but without wanting to get into a detailed argument about whether we "bought" the League considering where we came from we had to spend big to attract the right sort of player and put us on an even keel with the other top Clubs at the time. Irrespective of that I still think it was a remarkable achievement to go from midway down the old second division to Premier League champions in 3 and a half seasons.

But yes you're right, Leicester are doing it without the relative spending power we had at the time. All power to them.

Leicester are not short of a bob or two. Why do you think Ranieri is there?

Sturridge- I hear that he refuses to play for Liverpool as it would be a betrayal of God. Club considering suing him for breach.

Crazy times

It quotes Roy Evans as its source but Roy's son has a different take on it :- https://twitter.com/StephenEvans75/status/690838986793828352?lang=en-gb

Probably just a wild twitter rumour

Sturridge- I hear that he refuses to play for Liverpool as it would be a betrayal of God. Club considering suing him for breach.

Crazy times

I can confirm that I have no problem with Sturridge playing for Liverpool.

Archived