BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Backroom

Maybe its the same when they turned on Bobby Robson for finishing 5th and missing out on the CL...

Funny how now hes unfortunately passed away they all remember it differently.

Worst fans ever.

Turning on Sir Bobby was far worse, imo. A real low point for their fans.

McClaren's appointment was bizarre from the start and always destined to end in disappointment. He couldn't halt Derby's slide last season, what made anybody at Newcastle think he could rejuvenate their squad of mercenaries and misfits?

They got lucky with Pardew and proceeded to hound him out of the club. They may think they had their reasons, but ultimately those reasons will look pretty weak if they go down this season.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just on Vardy, he was released by Wednesday and went to play for a local pub! Got picked up by Stocksbridge amature side, Halifax, Fleetwood and the rest is history.

A real Roy of the Rovers story.

Turning on Sir Bobby was far worse, imo. A real low point for their fans.

McClaren's appointment was bizarre from the start and always destined to end in disappointment. He couldn't halt Derby's slide last season, what made anybody at Newcastle think he could rejuvenate their squad of mercenaries and misfits?

They got lucky with Pardew and proceeded to hound him out of the club.

Bobby Robson is a legend of the game and Newcastle fans were wrong to demand his sacking

McClaren were linked with Newcastle job last January. Not surprising when he got the job this summer. Plus he is good friends with Graham Carr who is DoF/Cheif Scout

Pardew did a great job at Newcastle

Just on Vardy, he was released by Wednesday and went to play for a local pub! Got picked up by Stocksbridge amature side, Halifax, Fleetwood and the rest is history.

A real Roy of the Rovers story.

I was reading a pretty in depth article about him the other day. It was amazing how many clubs were watching him even at the lower levels. Some clubs have tremendous scouting networks that we never hear about.

McClaren,s a strange one, everyone appears to rate him the best coach they've ever come across etc and I thought Derby were absolutely outstanding when they played us of the pitch at Ewood last season so the technical side of the game probably isn't a problem to him.

He clearly seems to be missing the magical je ne sais quoi which turns a good coach into a successful manager though.. Probably whatever it is in a manager's makeup and personality that makes players want to run through a brick wall for him or the ability to instill confidence and belief in his players when they start going through a bad run.

McClaren,s a strange one, everyone appears to rate him the best coach they've ever come across etc and I thought Derby were absolutely outstanding when they played us of the pitch at Ewood last season so the technical side of the game probably isn't a problem to him.

He clearly seems to be missing the magical je ne sais quoi which turns a good coach into a successful manager though.. Probably whatever it is in a manager's makeup and personality that makes players want to run through a brick wall for him or the ability to instill confidence and belief in his players when they start going through a bad run.

Sam Allardyce summed it up on football focus when he said to Alan Shearer I am a manger of a club, not a coach.

The way he said it and the twitch on his bottom lip, it was obviously aimed at a few ex employers of his.

• Backroom

Better couple of weeks for King, a goal last week and a good assist yesterday.

Be interesting to see if he manages to stay around the premier league after Bournemouth drop - if they do.

Only saw the MOTD highlights but it looked like a few players, coloccini in particular, aren't playing for the manager.

Newcastle look dreadful at the back, whether its McClaren's coaching or the players attitude or a mix of both, who knows but if they carry on as they are, they will be down by Christmas.

Villa look like they are off down but at least the players look like they give a toss.

With the Championship next season likely to contain Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa, and possibly Middlesbrough too, the question has to be how on earth Sky Sports are going to cope with so many of their favourites competing for live broadcasts.

I expect to see live Championship games to increase from the current 2/3 a week to more like 4/5 per week. Friday nights, Saturday lunch, Sunday lunch, Monday nights and Thursday nights.

Sky won't be able to resist cashing in on the viewing figures. I almost feel sorry for the loyal Leeds supporters who travel to all their games whilst having to fit into Sky's schedule. Next season they will be in overdrive.

With the Championship next season likely to contain Leeds, Newcastle and Aston Villa, and possibly Middlesbrough too, the question has to be how on earth Sky Sports are going to cope with so many of their favourites competing for live broadcasts.

I expect to see live Championship games to increase from the current 2/3 a week to more like 4/5 per week. Friday nights, Saturday lunch, Sunday lunch, Monday nights and Thursday nights.

Sky won't be able to resist cashing in on the viewing figures. I almost feel sorry for the loyal Leeds supporters who travel to all their games whilst having to fit into Sky's schedule. Next season they will be in overdrive.

I was reading a really interesting article by Micah Richards recently regarding Villa. -

" I'm not going to sugar coat it , we've got too many nice players and we're too easy to play against. Everybody seems to be - I wouldn't say passing the blame- but they don't want to run the extra mile and take responsibility. I'm not big on stats but I think we've run the least in the Premier League - if you're not prepared to run the extra yard for your teammate then obviously you're going to concede chances. When we've got the ball we're fine, but defensively we're too nice and it's too easy to get past us. We haven't got the players who have the mentality to not lose the game.

There's a few players in the team and they're probably thinking ' If Villa get relegated I'll get a move in the summer'.

Ring any bells for Rovers fans ?

Whilst I didn't and don't blame Rudy Gestede for wanting to move to the Premier League I will be quite satisfied to see him back in the Championship next season struggling to get in Villa's side. Then we'll see how far his ambitions have got him. Same goes for Josh King if/when Bournemouth come down.

I also think Paul Lambert will have a smug look on his face if Villa go down the season after they fired him.

It's funny looking at a Newcastle forum, they still think they were right to get rid of Pardew....

The Newcastle fans I've spoken to saw Pardew as an underqualified yes-man who got and held on to his job because he was pally with the owners and didn't rock the boat. One could say that's reminiscent of the way Rovers fans in general viewed Bowyer, or even Kean.

I remember speaking to a Newcastle fan who wasn't keen on Pardew when they were about 4 points off the top 4 in April. I don't think they were ever that keen on him.

Do people see him as a potential future England manager?

No. Nor Gary Monk who imo inherited a very good set up from those that went before him and who is now arguably getting found out.

Re England manager, I can't see past Big Sam if it comes round.

Hell no, he's your man if you find yourself embroiled in a Premiership relegation scrap, and an option if you're saying the next man HAS to be English but he surely hasn't the pedigree or right footballing philosophy for that role.

For me there's no-one suitable English about at present so you give it to the best man you can. Mourinho or Pocchettino (sp?) would be good choices I think.

The Newcastle fans I've spoken to saw Pardew as an underqualified yes-man who got and held on to his job because he was pally with the owners and didn't rock the boat. One could say that's reminiscent of the way Rovers fans in general viewed Bowyer, or even Kean.

I think the Geordie nation were dead set against Pardew from the outset as they saw him as one of the (their description) Cockney Mafia. He would have had to win a major trophy a bring any of them round. That, coupled with their delusional nature made it almost impossible for him. I don't think Rovers fans have ever been set against a manager without giving him a chance. Even the weasel that is Kean was cut some slack at first.

No. Nor Gary Monk who imo inherited a very good set up from those that went before him and who is now arguably getting found out.

Hell no, he's your man if you find yourself embroiled in a Premiership relegation scrap, and an option if you're saying the next man HAS to be English but he surely hasn't the pedigree or right footballing philosophy for that role.

For me there's no-one suitable English about at present so you give it to the best man you can. Mourinho or Pocchettino (sp?) would be good choices I think.

Both Pardew and Allardyce could be England manager. Mourinho wouldn't last long. He gets mad at the press now. The England boss gets miles more scrutiny. He'd be off in a huff in no time. Pochettino hasn't been around long enough to be considered. He had a good season at Southampton, same as every other Spurs boss last season, and is doing similarly this year (although they do look better).

I think Monk has suffered from selling Bony. I don't think that he's a bad manager. There isn't anybody banging in goals for him regularly. Gomis looked half decent last season but is reverting to type this year.

Klopp has started well at Liverpool. If get gets all their players fit they have an outside chance of the league as this year as it's anybody's at present. City should walk it but I don't think that they have that killer instinct that title winners need. Silva being out hasn't helped, and now that Yaya Toure has his fat contract he's not playing half as well.

It sounds odd as I'm a Rovers fan, but it must be frustrating supporting Arsenal. They wipe the floor with a team one week, then perform like donkeys the next. All with Wenger trotting out the same excuses. Now his star man is injured, adding to his massive crock list. They have some world class players, and the money to buy more. But he refuses and sticks with nearly men like Giroud, Arteta, Mertesacker, and Monreal. He got lucky buying Cech. I don't think he'd planned on buying a keeper but Cech was never getting the top spot back at Chelsea, and he didn't want to move house.

Nailed on to be the next England manager now. Was always going to be favourite when Roy packed in and retired with his role as a coach and popularity on tv, now he's going to get 6 months experience managing one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Providing he's not a complete disaster he will be the easy choice to take over England.

• Moderation Lead

I only made the connection with Phil Neville and Valencia the other day (and the Chinese guy that part owns Salford City owns Valencia). Quite a surprise this appointment though!

Archived