BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Backroom

Kalinic always banged them in for me on Football Manager, so he's cool with me ;) if he does come back to England I hope it works out for him. He had the potential, we were just the wrong club at the wrong time.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd swap him for Lambert right now. Sorry if that upsets anyone, but that's my feeling. Should never have left rovers.

Not me, I was fine with the decision to pot Sam, where they screwed up royally was with the replacement.

Clearly Lambert is an unknown for us but I think if he brings success then with his style of play we will be happier than we were with gum muncher in charge.

Not me, I eas fine with the decision to pot Sam, where they screwed up royally was with the replacement.

Clearly Lambert is an unknown for us but I think if he brings success then with his style of play wr will br happier than we were with gum muncher in charge.

If he gets us to mid table in Premier League on a small budget AND playing an expansive style, then yes I might agree. Until then, no I won't be happier than under King Sam.

If he gets us to mid table in Premier League on a small budget AND playing an expansive style, then yes I might agree. Until then, no I won't be happier than under King Sam.

That's quite understandable. Were you truly happy at the time of his reign or did the happiness develop after he'd gone.

That's quite understandable. Were you truly happy at the time of his reign or did the happiness develop after he'd gone.

I was very happy.

We were a club with no money to spend on players, one of the smallest incomes in the league with a fairly average set of players, yet a solid PL club.

Sounds a great combination, no? Yet so many fans were happy to gamble it all away.

I was very happy.

We were a club with no money to spend on players, one of the smallest incomes in the league with a fairly average set of players, yet a solid PL club.

Sounds a great combination, no? Yet so many fans were happy to gamble it all away.

The fans didn't gamble Sam away, an agent and his accomplices did that and conveniently tried to blame the fans

The fans didn't gamble Sam away, an agent and his accomplices did that and conveniently tried to blame the fans

No they didn't, but plenty were more than happy for the sacking to take place.

The point being, if we ever did find our way back to the Premier League, I hope the fanbase appreciates actual 'stability'.

Anyway, I'll stop now before I'm told to 'get over it'.

No they didn't, but plenty were more than happy for the sacking to take place.

The point being, if we ever did find our way back to the Premier League, I hope the fanbase appreciates actual 'stability'.

Anyway, I'll stop now before I'm told to 'get over it'.

As long as it's not the stability we have had for the last 3 years

Some fans being happy with Sam's sacking is irrelevant, they didn't make the decision,

Can't understand some peoples need to blame fellow supporters on this issue when it was planned behind closed doors well before coco arrived.

As long as it's not the stability we have had for the last 3 years

Some fans being happy with Sam's sacking is irrelevant, they didn't make the decision,

Can't understand some peoples need to blame fellow supporters on this issue when it was planned behind closed doors well before coco arrived.

Once again, I'm not blaming fans for anything, you are quite right Allardyce was going regardless from the day JA got his tentacles into the club.

I was responding to USA's point in that I was happy with where the team was pre takeover considering the constraints on the club. Too many fans PRE TAKEOVER thought we should sack a top manager. I felt that was reckless and I hope it never happens again.

I made my feelings clear at the time. Whilst we were run by the Walker Trust and they were putting the bare minimum into the club, Allardyce was the right man for the job. We were always one bad appointment from being dragged into the mire (Kidd, Ince) and despite his overbearing ego and unsightly brand of football, they were necessary evils for us to compete in the top flight. I think the 10th place finish flattered us ever so slightly, as a lot of it could be attributed to Dunn's resurgence towards the end of the season, but the league table generally doesn't lie. Venky's takeover was meant to signify a passing of the torch from the obligatory Trust to owners who had genuine ambitions and conviction to take the club forward, but not even the most prescient of Rovers fans could've foreseen the debacle that inevitably followed.

Aston Villa, I believe they were saying it is the worse start after 14 matches ever in the Premier League and that seems to say something when I think of some clubs like Derby and perhaps Watford that had some horrendous records. 5 points for AV.

I thought the Blue Foxes played very well against the Red Rats though I only saw the 2nd half, I thought they dominated and had some chances. I go to the stats though and it reads MUFC had quite a bit of an advantage in possession.

• Backroom

Aston Villa, I believe they were saying it is the worse start after 14 matches ever in the Premier League and that seems to say something when I think of some clubs like Derby and perhaps Watford that had some horrendous records. 5 points for AV.

It's been coming. They've been getting progressively worse season upon season, I think this is it for them now.

• Backroom

It's funny looking at a Newcastle forum, they still think they were right to get rid of Pardew....

I saw a quote from a Geordie that said "this is almost as bad as under Pardew/Carver" ... it's almost like they've created some kind of mass delusion where Pardew was leading them to relegation and never did anything right at the club. Their blind hatred of him is a bit weird, to the point where they seem to have changed history to paint him as a far worse manager than he actually is and was for them.

A lot of them want Keegan to come back as well. Utterly clueless.

I saw a quote from a Geordie that said "this is almost as bad as under Pardew/Carver" ... it's almost like they've created some kind of mass delusion where Pardew was leading them to relegation and never did anything right at the club. Their blind hatred of him is a bit weird, to the point where they seem to have changed history to paint him as a far worse manager than he actually is and was for them.

A lot of them want Keegan to come back as well. Utterly clueless.

Maybe its the same when they turned on Bobby Robson for finishing 5th and missing out on the CL...

Funny how now hes unfortunately passed away they all remember it differently.

Worst fans ever.

Archived