SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Bournemouth are simply out of their depth in the PL, especially with Wilson and Mings out for the season. Would be stunned if they managed to stay up, especially if they're relying on Josh King to score their goals.

• Backroom

Sunderland won't ship goals at home any more with Allardyce at the helm. They'll likely still be poor away from home, but if they can pick up points at home they could overtake the likes of Norwich. They need some reinforcements in January, but if they bring in a few decent players I can see them clawing their way out of trouble, with Norwich and Bournemouth both losing confidence rapidly.

• Backroom

I think that will be José's last game in charge. I can't believe how badly they are doing domestically.

Funnily enough, today was probably the best they've played in a while, but being 16th after 12 games is appalling for a team with those players. Something has to be very wrong there. If José's compensation package wasn't so big, I think he'd already be gone. They surely can't let this continue for much longer though, Chelsea won't even make the top 10 at this rate.

Funnily enough, today was probably the best they've played in a while, but being 16th after 12 games is appalling for a team with those players. Something has to be very wrong there. If José's compensation package wasn't so big, I think he'd already be gone. They surely can't let this continue for much longer though, Chelsea won't even make the top 10 at this rate.

Chelsea were unlucky today. As you say though with the players they have it's a woeful return. I think that they are done for the top 4.

There is something wrong. Maybe Mourinho was blocked from buying players again over the summer. This may be his "I told you so". Funny thing is that they have so many players out on loan.

Bournemouth are done for. Wilson getting injured did them in. Glenn Murray will score a few but not enough to keep them up. Villa won't do much either.

Most of us think that Sunderland have a fighting chance with Allardyce in charge but it could be a struggle.

• Backroom

Chelsea were unlucky today. As you say though with the players they have it's a woeful return. I think that they are done for the top 4.

There is something wrong. Maybe Mourinho was blocked from buying players again over the summer. This may be his "I told you so". Funny thing is that they have so many players out on loan.

Bournemouth are done for. Wilson getting injured did them in. Glenn Murray will score a few but not enough to keep them up. Villa won't do much either.

Most of us think that Sunderland have a fighting chance with Allardyce in charge but it could be a struggle.

I think the situation with the physio really ticked off a lot of the players, not to mention his bizarre public demotion of Terry for a couple of games. Mourinho really seems to have lost the plot this season. I don't think he was happy with how the summer went, and is taking out his frustrations like a child having a long, drawn-out tantrum.

Sunderland need to buy players in January. If Allardyce is given some money to spend, and is able to move on some of the deadwood there, they'll have a fighting shot. I can't see them staying up otherwise, Allardyce or not. Their defence is just terrible, impossible for even Big Sam to build a foundation with that.

Sherwood says he didn't have the final say on transfers targets

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tim-sherwood-claims-aston-villas-6789720

The owners at a lot of clubs have final say on wether to sign a target or not, reading the text it sounds like the targets where put forward by Sherwood, so Im a little confused what his point was.

• Backroom

The owners at a lot of clubs have final say on wether to sign a target or not, reading the text it sounds like the targets where put forward by Sherwood, so Im a little confused what his point was.

"Wasn't my fault."

• Backroom

Villa were much improved today. Some really good movement on the ball. They got lucky with City missing a couple of sitters, but you always need luck against the bigger clubs.

Time will tell whether the players were just up for a big match and a chance to impress the manager, or whether Garde is already improving their team.

Writer for BBC Sport apparently but looks iffy so not sure

BREAKING : Real Sociedad manager David Moyes has been sacked by the club, and is in talks to takeover at Stamford Bridge. #CFC

Moyes at Chelsea? That'll be popular with the know-nowts (copywright Drog) amongst the fans.

Chelsea will stick with M and would look for better that Moyes anyway imo.

I agree, his stock will have fallen slightly with his last two jobs, and probably got enough cash in the bank from his failures to consider a mid to lower Prem league club or a promotion hopeful Championship club , possibly Scottish Prem to try and rebuild his rep.

Archived