BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Premier League 2015/16 Thread

DE.

I'd say Sunderland have a fairly capable squad, it was quite obvious Advocaat's heart wasn't in it from the moment last season ended. I'd say that's more likely where their problems began, that attitude has probably filtered down through the players, maybe the non playing staff too.

I actually quite like Borini as a player but they need another CM probably and possibly a target man type striker.

They would be nuts not to give Allardyce whatever he wants. He should be their only target, whatever the price.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

They have some capable attacking players, but their defence is appalling. Van Aanholt in particular is incredibly lazy. If they get in Allardyce and bring in some very good defensive players they may scrape survival, but only if they aren't too far behind by January. It's a hell of a job to take on.

It'll be interesting to see if Sherwood can get Villa out of their slump. Another club that's recruited very poorly over the past few years. He's probably got 2 months to save his job, if they're still in trouble come December I think they'll make a change. Lerner's looking to sell the club, and have had barely any interest as a PL team. Selling Villa as a Championship club will be even harder.

Chelsea would be smart, if they brought in Jurgen Klopp. Heck, Liverpool would be just as smart if they went for Klopp.

Funny that, tickled me.

Bowyer is coming good.that can happen when managers are given time..

Or it leaks to the press they are about to get sacked.

They have some capable attacking players, but their defence is appalling. Van Aanholt in particular is incredibly lazy. If they get in Allardyce and bring in some very good defensive players they may scrape survival, but only if they aren't too far behind by January. It's a hell of a job to take on.

It'll be interesting to see if Sherwood can get Villa out of their slump. Another club that's recruited very poorly over the past few years. He's probably got 2 months to save his job, if they're still in trouble come December I think they'll make a change. Lerner's looking to sell the club, and have had barely any interest as a PL team. Selling Villa as a Championship club will be even harder.

Villa should be an easy sell if they're in the Premier League. Big club, massive revenue from the TV deal, lots if dormant supporters. I imagine the issue will be the owners price tag rather than anything else.

Hilarious how quickly managers are written off. Mourinho has gone from the best in the business to cannon fodder. Same happened to Brendan Rogers, and Sherwood has seen his stock substantially fall.

Its all completely daft. Allardyce must be loving it. He can pick and choose who he wants. I imagine his key criteria will be a chairman and owners who are sensible and supports him. He's been burnt so many times (including here) by owners who have no idea what they are doing.

• Moderation Lead

Rodgers will come good again, he made some bad buys, but then again so have all managers.

The loss of Suarez was a body blow, but he would be irreplaceable for any team to be fair. Steven Gerrard up to his old tricks in his new book slagging be off,what a gimp that lad is.

On a separate note, grinds my gears when he's already brought one book out, you only have one life FFS!

Rodgers will come good again, he made some bad buys, but then again so have all managers.

He made so many bad buys though. The only one that really came off were coutinho and Sturridge. An absolutely appalling record for the amount they spent.

I feel like if Rogers goes back to a more modest club he will do well again. More comfortable developing players than looking for the next best thing.

Could potentially junp straight back in with Villa.

On Rodgers and his signings, I understand that they have a transfer committee(around 5 people) who pick and discuss transfer targets.

I don't think Mario Balotelli was his choice.

I think Rodgers made some very good signings like Sturridge, Coutinho, Milner, Clyne, Can Moreno but some poor ones like Borini, Sahko, Etc.

• Moderation Lead

At last he is going for a proven PL manager who will keep them up.

Sam's in his 60s though, there's no longevity with them at all. I suspect they wanted Poyet for the long-term role, but he bombed.

Klopp has been given the job as expected at Liverpool, think he will do well for them myself. Though it will be at least 2 years before they get into the top 4 imo.

Sam's in his 60s though, there's no longevity with them at all. I suspect they wanted Poyet for the long-term role, but he bombed.

If I was Sunderland owner I would give Sam Allardyce a 3 or 4 years contract and with that keep us up and make us a top 10 side before you retire.

But he will need big funds to do this.

If Sam takes it I bet they end the season midtable..

I fear this could be one job too far for Sam. He just doesn't have the raw materials to work with as their squad is weak. If he does take the job it will be interesting to see who he takes with him as his back room staff.

I fear this could be one job too far for Sam. He just doesn't have the raw materials to work with as their squad is weak. If he does take the job it will be interesting to see who he takes with him as his back room staff.

IMO all he needs is a target man to compliment a top finisher in Defoe and he'll be halfway there. No way is sunderlands squad weaker than the one Sam inherited from ince at rovers..

IMO all he needs is a target man to compliment a top finisher in Defoe and he'll be halfway there. No way is sunderlands squad weaker than the one Sam inherited from ince at rovers..

Sam inherited some top class defenders and did what he does best by playing to the strength of this. Who have Sunderland got defensively who compare to Nelsen, Samba, Warnock etc?

Defoe just does not look interested to me.

If Klopp's statement about the Liverpool job being "the biggest challenge in WORLD football" is anything to go by, the poor guy must be delusional. He then goes on to say he is the "normal one". No one normal would make such a ridiculous statement. He should try managing us if he thinks Liverpool is a big challenge.

Archived