BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Away Travel 2015-2016

Only 550 sold as of earlier today, I'd be surprised if we get to 1000

Its only Tuesday Josh, I'd imagine 1500/2000 to travel, more if you can buy tickets on the day.

Our away support has been fantastic in the Championship.

For the last game of the season they were doing cash on the turnstile (which incidentally ended up being cheaper than advance tickets) :angry2:

Seem to recall the Udders Chairman apologizing to Rovers fans in the press for that one.

Plenty of ale looking at those times.

Reminds me of Maine Road with the Valley Blues in the 80's. We set off at 9.00 arriving at the Derby Brewery Arms on Cheetham Hill at 10.00. The place was shut but needless to say, after banging on the door with 50 people stood outside, the landlord soon opened up!

Its only Tuesday Josh, I'd imagine 1500/2000 to travel, more if you can buy tickets on the day.

Aye more will get shifted, may buy one myself tonight.

However, I have noticed over our time in the wilderness that prices are creeping up and up. From £20, to £22, to £25, now £27. Gets to the stage when those waverers who may have bought a ticket a £20, thinks better of it at nearly £30.

Crazy prices for Championship football.

However, I have noticed over our time in the wilderness that prices are creeping up and up. From £20, to £22, to £25, now £27. Gets to the stage when those waverers who may have bought a ticket a £20, thinks better of it at nearly £30.

I'm pretty sure that for the last away match last season at Huddersfield advance tickets were £24. Tickets for Brighton are £30 and when you factor in the other expenses you are likely to incur it becomes difficult for a lot of fans who would have liked to have gone.

Sheff Wednesday charged Bristol City fans £39 for a Cat B game last Saturday, but they charging Reading £25?

Been away and was going to get a ticket but £27 ? No chance am I stumping up that no way .

The last two visits there we've had a handful under 1,200. If we match that on Saturday we'll have done well.

After the scandal of last season, when Huddersfield charged Rovers fans turning up on the day £5 less than those who had bought their tickets in advance, I would have expected the very least they could do would be to sell tickets at £20 or less this season to make up for their 'error'. To put prices up to £27.50 is obscene. Rovers should have kicked up a fuss on behalf of their supporters last season and demanded reimbursement for the 1,000 or so supporters who were overcharged by £5. Innocent mistake or not, that money should have been claimed back, yet Rovers seemed quite happy to accept Huddersfield's token 'apology'. Poor.

This is the same Huddersfield kicking up a fuss with the Football League about their game at Blackpool which was abandoned as all those poor Huddersfield fans had to travel to Blackpool and buy a ticket.

Also interesting that previously the entire stand has been allocated to away fans, meaning that if demand required it about 3,000-4,000 away fans could pack the stand and make a good atmosphere, however this season, starting on Saturday the stand will be split into two and divided with home fans, meaning our allocation is an initial 1,500ish and could possibly rise to 2,000 if necessary.

It seems Huddersfield have done this to boost atmosphere in the ground, but knowing the lay out of the ground and concourse I anticipate a logistical nightmare and possibly trouble in and around the away end. I can't believe they will be doing this when Leeds/Hull/Sheff W/Mboro visit or they will be depriving themselves of 2000+ away fans.

Been away and was going to get a ticket but £27 ? No chance am I stumping up that no way .

Get used to it Abs, it'll be about par for this season. Did a few aways last year - as an example Leeds was 34 (and 5 quid extra if you left it till matchday).

(If I was going to sh1t stir, I could mention about how Venky's are keeping prices for us low ;) .)

Get used to it Abs, it'll be about par for this season. Did a few aways last year - as an example Leeds was 34 (and 5 quid extra if you left it till matchday).

(If I was going to sh1t stir, I could mention about how Venky's are keeping prices for us low ;) .)

£28 if you sat in the Leeds end ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived