BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

I would say the owners have to take most of the blame, but bad results are a combination of managers/players.

Capital One cup is slightly different with a large proportion of teams playing weaker sides to get knocked out, not saying that's what we did but we all know it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After Saturday Gazza needed something to boost his credentials, he failed miserably.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they have played to get knocked out then they should refund all the supporters

No team (apart from Newcastle) would ever admit it and not suggesting it's what we wanted to happen. But we do know it does happen, that's why no one turns up anymore for the cup comps really..

After Saturday Gazza needed something to boost his credentials, he failed miserably.

Yeah I would certainly have played a strong team to try and win in an hour. But likewise if he had and Rhodes broke his leg then people would be going crazy.

I was ok with sat, thought they deserved something. But throw in last night and a defeat on sat and the pressure will be ramped up.

I would say the owners have to take most of the blame, but bad results are a combination of managers/players.

Capital One cup is slightly different with a large proportion of teams playing weaker sides to get knocked out, not saying that's what we did but we all know it happens.

Kean forfeit

Bowyer forfeit

It's getting uncanny

I must be be stupid because I thought the idea of a game is to win .

No team (apart from Newcastle) would ever admit it and not suggesting it's what we wanted to happen. But we do know it does happen, that's why no one turns up anymore for the cup comps really..

Yeah I would certainly have played a strong team to try and win in an hour. But likewise if he had and Rhodes broke his leg then people would be going crazy.

I was ok with sat, thought they deserved something. But throw in last night and a defeat on sat and the pressure will be ramped up.

Sorry, play to win. No excuses. The manager got it wrong again, yet takes no responsibility. Not to do with leg breaks - try this....JR played from the start, scored a hat-trick, we win 4-0 and everything seems better? Jordan feels loved? Winning = everything - Bowyer tries not to lose - wrong mentality. He should go to Jose school?

Marshall was one of the few bright points last night.

As the minutes ticked by in the second half he was urging the team on and was one of the few who looked to show some urgency and determination to get forward and find the equaliser.

I recall the shambles in front of the Riverside in the last 10 minutes, when Williamson and Nyambe were pinned into a small area on the touchline near the corner flag. Shrewsbury were very comfortably keeping the ball in that area winning a succession of throw ins at ease. Marshall was in space infront of the Jack Walker stand and was screaming across the pitch for someone to get the ball to him so he could get up the pitch and was encouraging his team mates.

Williamson should never play for us again. Its nothing personal. He's just not good enough, and last night it bordered on embarrassing. Given our abundance of options for central midfield I will be staggered if he starts another game.

I'll echo your comments on Marshall he looked the only one with any desire towards the end. Barrow looked to hiding out on the other flank early days though for him suppose.

I can understand a lot of changes and not wanting to risk the main men but if you turn out a complete side that hasn't played together against even half a side who does your likely to struggle. Bowyer nor us fans expected the likes of Killa, Willo and Evans etc to play so badly either, they let everyone down. Problem again though with the tatics, there is absolutely no need to play deep and have two defensive mids at home to a lower league team like Shrewsbury. They were never going to try and play through us in the middle. For once a little bit of fluidity and pass and move in the middle of the park might have made for a better night.

I can understand a lot of changes and not wanting to risk the main men but if you turn out a complete side that hasn't played together against even half a side who does your likely to struggle. Bowyer nor us fans expected the likes of Killa, Willo and Evans etc to play so badly either, they let everyone down. Problem again though with the tatics, there is absolutely no need to play deep and have two defensive mids at home to a lower league team like Shrewsbury. They were never going to try and play through us in the middle. For once a little bit of fluidity and pass and move in the middle of the park might have made for a better night.

Ideal for that Tom Cairney to be let loose?

It was the first round of the capital one cup. You play weaker teams to try things out, we discovered that most of the players are not ready/good enough who played.

Derby found similar out tonight.

I can't agree. Maybe that's true for PL clubs (and aspiring ones) but we have nothing to play for. Surely the point of cup matches is to try to go as far as you can? A small team does well every season and it generates a feelgood factor. Goodness knows we need one.

Did you go to the match though? Did you watch the build up? Everyone at the club apart from Bowyer believed that the League Cup was important. The fact we've bowed out in disgrace, in round one, three years in a row (purely because of Bowyer's approach) is something to be ashamed of. I don't care about Derby or Burnley, I care about Blackburn Rovers.

Hugely disappointing cup result at home, yet again. Second game of the season so no reason to cite injuries, loss of form, tiredness, or league pressures. Way too many changes, totally disrespecting our name and the paying customers in what remains a decent competition.

I'd have made this game an early season priority. He is a fool to himself.

Shrewsbury at home!!! Chuffing heck! Things are gathering momentum and they are all gloomy. Yes cup shocks happen. Normally whoever we draw.

I can't agree. Maybe that's true for PL clubs (and aspiring ones) but we have nothing to play for. Surely the point of cup matches is to try to go as far as you can? A small team does well every season and it generates a feelgood factor. Goodness knows we need one.

Did you go to the match though? Did you watch the build up? Everyone at the club apart from Bowyer believed that the League Cup was important. The fact we've bowed out in disgrace, in round one, three years in a row (purely because of Bowyer's approach) is something to be ashamed of. I don't care about Derby or Burnley, I care about Blackburn Rovers.

Yeah I agree with you. I would play a strong team as well. I was fortunate to get a free ticket so I was at the game.

On the plus side big French lad and barrow looked like they could do well in the first team. I was disappointed in the youngsters, bar Lennighan.

Can you see it's an opportunity to look at other/young players though?

I would have expected that team to progress.

but it gives us an opportunity to go on a nice cup run. That would give us nice momentum for the league, but now all it does, is that its another confidence wrecker. If we were lucky, we could have have gone all the way in this competition like in 2002 Worthington Cup, when at least Souness and the players were hungry and motivated from start to finish.

Reports on a Shrewsbury forum state a few of their fans were assaulted after the game and their fans coaches were bricked.Looks like the cheap ticket chavs were out in force last night.

Club going to pot.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/90933/blackburn-away?page=3

Those dollopers have been mentioned more than once on here. No excuse for that of course except that the time wasting winds everybody up. Easiest and quickest way to stop it is for the 4th official to reckon up wasted time, double it and then add it to the injury and substitution time...... saying that we'd prob have got beaten by more!

Notice how Middlesbrough tonight along with many other Championship clubs have gone into their fixtures against lower division opposition with their strongest 11 starting, or very nearly their strongest 11 with maybe 2 or 3 changes.

For some reason we are a special case and need to make wholesale changes to our team by bringing about 9 new players in, some of which have had no pre-season (Lenighan, Brown, Evans).

Brown clearly wasn't fit and needs game time - should have had an hour in the Under 21s on Monday possibly.

At least having rested Rhodes, Koita, Guthrie, Hanley, Duffy, Henley, Olsson, Conway, Raya and Lowe last night there can be absolutely no excuses of a hang-over, fatigue or a lack of preparation on Saturday.

Indeed so. Winning is a habit and a first team place should be coveted and like dead mens shoes.

Reports on a Shrewsbury forum state a few of their fans were assaulted after the game and their fans coaches were bricked.Looks like the cheap ticket chavs were out in force last night.

Club going to pot.http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/90933/blackburn-away?page=3

What scum (our so called fans).

Btw....give GB more time. He is our saviour.....a future England manager.

Yeah I agree with you. I would play a strong team as well. I was fortunate to get a free ticket so I was at the game.

On the plus side big French lad and barrow looked like they could do well in the first team. I was disappointed in the youngsters, bar Lennighan.

Can you see it's an opportunity to look at other/young players though?

I would have expected that team to progress.

It's an opportunity to blood some youngsters if you have enough first teamers around them to make their inclusion meaningful. How would Nyambi and O'Sullivan have linked up with Rhodes and Conway instead of Brown and Evan (on the wing FFS), for example? Has Bowyer really learned anything at the expense of our cup exit?

I would have made changes but not 9. We need to start to develop some consistency. We didn't do that through pre-season but we must do now the season has started.

Show me a man who's not fussed by losing and I'll show you a LOSER!

And the Award for 'Not being fussed by losing' goes to.....wait for it......... Gary Bowyer, the L Plate Manger of that once proud team Blackburn Rovers now known to many as D ip s hit, Gary not Rovers!

It's an opportunity to blood some youngsters if you have enough first teamers around them to make their inclusion meaningful. How would Nyambi and O'Sullivan have linked up with Rhodes and Conway instead of Brown and Evan (on the wing FFS), for example? Has Bowyer really learned anything at the expense of our cup exit?

I would have made changes but not 9. We need to start to develop some consistency. We didn't do that through pre-season but we must do now the season has started.

Probably too many changes but you could argue that Steele, kilgallon, spurr, Evans, Marshall and Williamson were in our strongest/first team last year.

We were god awful, I was actually impressed by Shrewsbury though. The young lad in the middle of the park who came through their academy was very good, moved the ball well.

Evans wasn't on the wing though.

Probably too many changes but you could argue that Steele, kilgallon, spurr, Evans, Marshall and Williamson were in our strongest/first team last year.

We were god awful, I was actually impressed by Shrewsbury though. The young lad in the middle of the park who came through their academy was very good, moved the ball well.

Evans wasn't on the wing though.

Looked like it to me at times. Not sure they really know their jobs. It's becoming an annoying mb cliché but you do wonder if he sends them out with "give it a right good go ringing in their ears".

I still maintain that it's Bowyer who selects, organises and motivates the team though. And they barely look selected!

(Are you going to sort out your tapatalk settings btw?)

Archived