BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't read too much into that result or performance. They are reserves for a reason. And to think we had to suffer with an Evans/Wiiliamson central midfield pairing last season! They were the worst players on the pitch along with Brown.

Koita looks like a real find. Barrow looks dangerous as well. Guthrie was an improvement on Evans when he came on - at least he passed the ball forwards!

My biggest concern is that bowyer seems unable to set up a team defensively. Doesnt help when you have the likes of Evans and Williams shielding the back four though. Why not play petschi?

• Backroom

He's blaming the players again.

That performance was not what we expect from a Blackburn Rovers team, we were not bad but the goals we conceded were unacceptable.

"The feeling is one of huge disappointment. You give people opportunities and some people will take those chances and some don't.

"It makes it a little bit easier for you when you are picking the team for Saturday at Huddersfield."

That'll be great for morale.

Make so many changes that your youngsters are barely playing alongside any first teamers and expect them to perform. With Williamson and Evans on the pitch at the same time. Was Evans really playing right wing or did I imagine that? With Marshall just given licence to roam the whole pitch? Strange how most of the poor performing players looked so much better when he changed to a more attacking formation. Our defence were under less pressure and had more time.

Bowyer badly underestimated the opposition tonight and it's the players' fault!

"We were not bad".

Yeah, okay. The fans were booing at HT and FT for reasons completely unrelated to the performance then.

Well if you think Bowyers the issue, and obviously I know where you're coming from, let's see how long the people that appointed him take to sack him.

I think you'll be waiting a while and that's why the owners are the real problem not Bowyer.

Bowyer's job may be safe as far as the owners and board at Ewood are concerned, but can you imagine him being as hard faced as Steve Kean

if the worst comes to the worst.

I can't.

Can't comment on tonight performance as I wasn't there. However was there on Saturday and Marshall is concerning me.

He's incredibly lazy and only seems to effect a games/seasons in small patches. The rest of the time he's a liability. It's arguable if those purple patches are worth the non performances that come with it.

I admit he's one of our few flair players and we need that at times. However there's a reason he's never made it to the premiership

I'm not saying anything till after Saturday other than Koita deserves to start. Burnley only made a couple of changes and got beat tonight, Huddersfield and bolton also lost at home and Brentford got stuffed off oxford albeit giving out 7 debuts to youngsters. Not going over the top yet like some but of course tonight is disappointing. Lose on Saturday and I will be @#/? off!!

If it's made it easier for Saturday then that means Marshall won't be starting, he's been woeful twice this week

Funny - I thought he was the only creative player on view tonight. Definitely the only one driving forward and demanding the ball. I thought he was poor on Saturday - but far better tonight (allowing for a couple of awful misplaced passes)

"We were not bad".

Yeah, okay. The fans were booing at HT and FT for reasons completely unrelated to the performance then.

We really need something to cheer about and quick, or he'll need to get used to that sound. At least with organised protests against Kean by the Action Group there was an outlet for the frustration. Things could turn quite nasty if emotions start to run high.

Just imagine if Bowyer didn't win a game in August and then sold Rhodes...

Bowyer's job may be safe as far as the owners and board at Ewood are concerned, but can you imagine him being as hard faced as Steve Kean

if the worst comes to the worst.

I can't.

So are you asking if he'd resign?

I think he may resign if faced with angry fans and calls for his head, he's a decent guy out of his depth and that's the owners fault.

Surely the team he picked on Sat v Wolves was the best team he had in his odd mind and the fact he rested most tonight you'd think he'd be going with that again ? The fact is he's still not a frigging clue what his best or strongest side to put out is.

So are you asking if he'd resign?

I think he may resign if faced with angry fans and calls for his head, he's a decent guy out of his depth and that's the owners fault.

Angry fans confronting Bowyer would be bedlam as his supporters step in and start with their not real fans stuff. During the protests the pro-Kean mob were far more aggressive than the pro-Rovers mob.

What I can't understand is how Koita is starting behind the likes of the very average Delfy and Brown who I wouldn't pick if I was in charge of a Pub team.

10 minutes watching the pair of them tells you that Koita is a completely different calibre of player to the firmer Blackpool man. He made a big impact when he came on on Saturday and according to RR it was the same again tonight.

Is GB trying to get himself sacked?

Sorry Gav but on matchdays with a decent squad available and those cretins at least not selling the team from under him yet then Bowyer the MANAGER is very much the issue.

To right, they have given him pretty much what he has asked for, even now some half decent signings but what has he done, absolutely naff all, he is rank bad, even worse than Jim Iley for those that can remember, hell even coco had us attacking. Simply sick of his lack of motivation and demeanor, we are going the wrong way down motorway here big time. The new guys must be thinking what have i got myself into.

Well if you think Bowyers the issue, and obviously I know where you're coming from, let's see how long the people that appointed him take to sack him.

I think you'll be waiting a while and that's why the owners are the real problem not Bowyer.

I see your point

Angry fans confronting Bowyer would be bedlam as his supporters step in and start with their not real fans stuff. During the protests the pro-Kean mob were far more aggressive than the pro-Rovers mob.

I was asked a question if he'd resign, he may if put under pressure, but I don't think he deserves that myself Stuart.

Two games into the season you should be putting out your best eleven, no excuses to trot out reserve/fringe players. If it was the hectic Christmas period and depending on league form I could understand but Rovers have played two games, they can't be tired already. Should we be surprised though, Bowyer does like to rotate and tinker when there is no reason to.

I was asked a question if he'd resign, he may if put under pressure, but I don't think he deserves that myself Stuart.

He doesn't but it'll come if things carry on the way they are going and as manager the buck stops with him on matchday. He knows this and he also knows that aligning himself firmly to Venkys bussom which he has done runs serious risk of abuse. Personally I don't think it'll be long before he's praying for his pay off. I genuinely don't want it to be like that but the crowd always aim for the nearest in the firing line when the patience snaps.

What I can't understand is how Koita is starting behind the likes of the very average Delfy and Brown who I wouldn't pick if I was in charge of a Pub team.

10 minutes watching the pair of them tells you that Koita is a completely different calibre of player to the firmer Blackpool man. He made a big impact when he came on on Saturday and according to RR it was the same again tonight.

Is GB trying to get himself sacked?

My only thought is fitness - and to be honest we need Koita fully it as he looks like being the only bright point of the season (though of course he has yet to score despite some good long range efforts and couple of headers.)

Brown isn't even as good as average I watched him jump tonight and came to the verdict that my wheelie bin can jump higher and at least my bin is good for putting rubbish in .

I've tried to lay off him but watching from the side tonight just showed how bad he is. He only runs around in fits and starts, there are fitter lads in the bingo hall. Carries no goal threat whatsoever, just doesn't have a clue how to get into scoring positions. Miss timed every jump for a header and add that to his non existent ball control he makes Rhodes look like Ronanldo.

Still felt sorry for him getting jeered off but loads said at the time including other clubs fans that he was useless. An awful signing.

Archived