BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"That performance was not what we expect from a Blackburn Rovers team, we were not bad but the goals we conceded were unacceptable.
"The feeling is one of huge disappointment. You give people opportunities and some people will take those chances and some don't.
"It makes it a little bit easier for you when you are picking the team for Saturday at Huddersfield."
I actually despise the guy now(as a manager) blaming everything on the players, what a total coward, he really is in kean territory, in fact aside from having a different personality at the helm the club is back working on the steve kean blueprint(only on a smaller scale) buy low sell high, fck the results and the fans.

Let's not get too sentimental about Bowyer, the guy knew what he was letting himself in for and has no doubt done quite well out of Rovers,

in fact he must be quite a wealthy bloke by now. If he is forced to resign, I'm sure he'll get a very generous pay-off too , he'll soon be back

coaching somewhere.

Wouldn't read too much into that result or performance. They are reserves for a reason. And to think we had to suffer with an Evans/Wiiliamson central midfield pairing last season! They were the worst players on the pitch along with Brown.

Koita looks like a real find. Barrow looks dangerous as well. Guthrie was an improvement on Evans when he came on - at least he passed the ball forwards!

My biggest concern is that bowyer seems unable to set up a team defensively. Doesnt help when you have the likes of Evans and Williams shielding the back four though. Why not play petschi?

Reserves for a reason? What happens when we have injuries? These players needed to show they can make that Step up, plus dismissing the cup after a defeat is typical of some fans, i bet those same supporters werent dismissing the fa cup run as some sideshow

Blackburn first 4 games last 3 seasons so far under bowyer

Derby Away A 1-1 D

Carlisle A 3-3 L on penaltys

Nottingham Forest H 0-1 L

Doncaster A 0-2 L

Cardiff H 1-1 D

Scunthorpe H 0-1 L

Blackpool A 2-1 W

Norwich A 1-3 L

Wolves H 1-2 L

Shrewsbury H 1-2 L

that 10 games Wins-1 Draws-2 Losses-7

that is pathetic starts to seasons considering the league one opponents.

So why can bowyer not get a team ready for the start of the season, all of the seasons have had local pre-season games and we've not been able to bring in many players by the time the season started.

Oh it's easy to criticise. Very easy. Some on here have been calling for Bowyers head for well over a year. Ever since last close season. Some even before that. The most vociferous of posters haven't even seen a game for three years. Must have been released or something.

Fact is that we've just made loads of new signings, some of whom have never played before together. They need time.

Then again, you can't polish a turd.

That was abject rubbish. No desire.

Chris Brown should be melted down.

Rotation of keepers is an absolute joke.

Some of these guys who played tonight will get better with game time. Some won't. But what is clear is that Bowyer will continue to try and keep everyone happy. It's been a hallmark of his stint. And it's just wrong unfortunately.

A good guy. A good coach. He's done well dealing with Venkys and the idiot $haw.

However, my God, he needs a win.

Oh it's easy to criticise. Very easy. Some on here have been calling for Bowyers head for well over a year. Ever since last close season. Some even before that. The most vociferous of posters haven't even seen a game for three years. Must have been released or something.

Fact is that we've just made loads of new signings, some of whom have never played before together. They need time.

Some of these guys who played tonight will get better with game time. Some won't. But what is clear is that Bowyer will continue to try and keep everyone happy. It's been a hallmark of his stint. And it's just wrong unfortunately.

A good guy. A good coach. He's done well dealing with Venkys and the idiot $haw.

so Bob, you're happy for him to carry on regardless ?

Who cares about Mickey mouse cup stop complaining an watch the supercup what an awesome match

Suppose if you were a fan in 2002 you would not be saying that when we won the Mickey Mouse cup at Cardiff you idiot!

Anybody see any trouble at the end ? doesn't sound very Rovers

the following from a Shrewsbury board

Also, what the **** was that all about at the end? About 100 or so kids trying to get back into the stadium/ at us then ran off then started pelting the buses?

Read more: http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/90933/blackburn-away?page=1#ixzz3iYGBezQq

As have most other clubs in the country, although most of our starting 11 on Saturday have been here together for a while!

We need a better manager if we want to get anywhere near the play offs, the players aren't performing for him, his tactics and team selections are as poor as ever, he needs removing now before he becomes a total joke and loses the plot completely ending up in the football wilderness with kean, his career in tatters.

Very disappointing tonight. A very poor performance with hardly any plus points. I thought Koita again demonstrated that he is going to be a handful this season. Guthrie I felt was at least an improvement on Evans/Williamson in that he at least played the ball forward.

The defence looked dodgy all night long.

I'm willing to cut Evans some slack. He hasn't played all season and is still getting up to speed.

The same goes for Chris Brown. A very poor performance but at the end of the day he hasn't played for a long time and I'm not comfortable with throwing criticism at players still recovering from injury (I must add that Brown should not be in the team and it is alarming if we are planning on relying on him this season. League One is his level).

Williamson once again demonstrated what a liability he is to the team. He undoubtedly tries hard, but how many times is he going to make costly mistakes and errors. He seemingly doesnt even have the ability to pass a ball more than 10 yards. He should be nowhere near the first eleven.

Tonight should have been used as an opportunity for our strongest 11 to have a home match together and try to secure a comfortable victory to get the confidence flowing and season up and running. Now its 2 defeats from 2 and I'm at a complete loss as to what team we will see on Saturday.

The trouble is that we are now under pressure just a week into the season. Lose at Huddersfield (themselves needing a win quickly) and we are under immense pressure and the wheels can very quickly come off.

Getting knocked out by a lower league team for the 5th year running (Shrewsbury 2015, Scunthorpe 2014, Carlisle 2013, MK Dons 2012, Cardiff 2011) is ridiculous.

. At any other club he's a goner

The more the fans want something, the more the Venky's seem to deny us.

Stuck in a never ending downward spiral.

For those that haven't seen him yet, big Koita seems to have something about him, A hero in the making. He seemed distraught at the final whistle tonight.

Bob - What would a win do for him in the scheme of things . At any other club he's a goner

Confidence mate. It's massive. Can't put a price on it.

"Any other club" would sack their manager two games into a new season? After allowing him to bring several new players in? Possibly, but then we haven't ever been "any other club". And certainly not over the last 5 years (for all the wrong reasons).

As Aggy says, the big lad Koita might have something about him, I'll take the positives and feck off to bed.

Night.

What to say after that? Still fuming...

Saturday was a disappointing result but we did play some good football at times and overall a decent performance.

Today was not good at all, Shrewsbury could and should have had more goals.

I don't put too much blame on the players though, it's hard when NINE changes are made and you've not played with each other much, if at all. Lenihan struggled in the air but also had to keep an eye on Nyambe all game, calling him back into position quite often, can't make it easy for him, or Kilgallon beside him. O'Sullivan tried hard but often received the ball in difficult positions with not many options. Brown was the worst he's been but can't be anywhere near fit, did he play at all in preseason? Williamson tried but often failed. Evans was really poor but probably isn't fit either, especially as he went off with a tight thigh which had kept him out earlier in preseason. Delfouneso tried but looks like he has no confidence. Marshall was all over the place.

Nyambe made a big mistake for the goal but made up for it at the other end. He got better as the game went on but still looked shaky and almost gave up a couple more chances that better opposition might have taken advantage of... didn't look close to ready on that performance but understandable for a 17 year old. Koita was the bright spot, he really did well, so much better than Brown, he's got a really good leap on him and won the ball in the air a fair bit and not only can he put in great shots with his left (on Saturday) he hit a great effort with his right today and looked very lively.

What really made me angry though was Bowyer's interview on radio Lancs.

https://audioboom.com/boos/3459285-audio-blackburn-onerovers-1-shrewsbury-2-gary-bowyer

He was given an opportunity to take at least some of the blame, when it was pointed out to him that he is the one that makes the decisions on who plays and whether he had got it wrong he just blamed the players, then went on about how great Nyambe was, avoiding responsibility as well as the question.

I just think that is a bit pathetic and I lost some more respect for him tonight, very disappointing.

When asked about why he's got so many midfielders, he went on about possible injuries and having a small squad... more rubbish.

It's the league cup and upsets happen but 3 years running is getting a bit much. If it was anyone's fault tonight it was his. How can he not learn making so many changes makes it much harder for players to gel. It happened last year, and the year before. I think it's really unfair and I think he needs to step up and lead the team not let them hang out to dry.

Archived