BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

To hell with it. I can't see us going up, so fecking take this cup serious and show the opposition some respect. He once again didn't do that, and this was a horrendous team he put out. I'm fed up with him and his bull crap.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a reporter I should be neutral but that performance was nothing short of a disgrace. The manager couldn't change it - that's worrying. I cannot fathom what the instructions given to the team were, they were completely lost. Spurr for me was as poor as he always is and O'Sullivan showed that he doesn't offer much. It was completely and utterly appalling.

As for Brown - nothing I can say, absolute disgrace to the shirt.

Steele as poor as ever, how he can be rated by anybody is amazing.

Marshall totally disinterested.

Mate just phoned...

11 players who look like they're happy just to turn up and get a wage, who don't care about the club or results, we're in a relegation battle no question.

My brother in law tells me (who knows Hanley) that he was at fault last season for a goal (surprise surprise) just before half time and he and Bowyer had a bust up at half time about it... Bowyer phoned Hanley after the game to apologise!!! Thats the sort of manager we have and it's represented in his football team, tactics and general attitude at the club - Spineless.

BOWYER OUT.

I don't think Bowyer has had the support of the dressing room for a while now.

Too many changes to the team and tactics, leaving out players who would make a difference (Dunn, King, Killa, Judge) and talking about player values every week.

I'll tell you what, if he hasn't lost the dressing room on this display then I wouldn't want to be around when he does.

That said, with 30+ players turned over you could argue that the dressing room never has the same occupants for long enough to get lost.

The most frequent phrase at Ewood this last couple of years must be "is this the home dressing room?"!

Having watched Bowyer up close tonight have to say that to those of us who maintain he can neither motivate nor lead he did himself no favours whatsoever. Not asking for Martin O'Neil antics but this guy takes the @#/?, Christ he hardly even clapped the crap passes tonight just stood impassively hands in pockets staring onto the field and so did Short. That whole thing tonight was treated by the coaching staff and players as nothing more than a leg stretching stroll about training session.

To those who maintain that he really is out of his depth and he just eeks his way through it and gets by because of a few decent players, well there was plenty amo for them tonight.

New lads and young lads aside the senior pros out there tonight ought to be ashamed of themselves, possible exception of Spurr.

Willo had a mare but he tried, signs that his legs are indeed on the way out on that evidence.

Killa, unusually ropey.

Evans, just @#/? off.

Brown, I can't find the words although jeering him is a bit harsh, he's just crap but can't help it.

Marshall, obviously sulking or pulling some kind of stroke cos he wants out. @#/? poor.

Bowyer and the rest = easy street with a host of excuses to hide behind, this is going to be one hell of a difficult season.

• Backroom

That was embarrassing - we didn't just get beat we were outplayed.

Inexcusable really, as for individual players

Steele - made a couple of ok saves, not at fault

Nyambe - huge mistake for the goal and I don't trust him as a last man but great going forward

Killgallon and Lenihan - not terrible but I missed the second goal and it seems Killa was too far off

Spurr - not a patch on Olsson, offers very little

O'Sullivan - ineffective

Williamson - typical Williamson performance, we know his limitations

Evans - invisible for 90% shocking when he was noticed

Marshall - about as good as he was on Saturday - one great strike and naff all else

Delfounso and Brown - both grafters who offered very little in footballing terms

Guthrie - if you weren't told you wouldn't realise he came on for Evans

Barrow - fast but never fully got in behind

Koita - the single real high. Once again unlucky not to score a couple of times and makes things happen

The real issue was the absolute lack of any game plan, a team sent out with no aim.

This is to GAV - So you you hated Allardyce(when mid table in the Prem)now back Bowyer(was mid table in the Championship) and now are asking for a relegation thread whilst(I'm presuming)still backing the idiot. FFS man!

I'm not backing Bowyer, do keep up.

But Bowyer isn't the issue, Venkys are.

Mate just phoned...

11 players who look like they're happy just to turn up and get a wage, who don't care about the club or results, we're in a relegation battle no question.

My brother in law tells me (who knows Hanley) that he was at fault last season for a goal (surprise surprise) just before half time and he and Bowyer had a bust up at half time about it... Bowyer phoned Hanley after the game to apologise!!! Thats the sort of manager we have and it's represented in his football team, tactics and general attitude at the club - Spineless.

BOWYER OUT.

If true the phone call thing is utterly pathetic. What a mess.

That will probably be one of Shrewsbury's easiest games of the season it was that bad, a better side would have pasted that team tonight. Obviously disjointed because of all the changes but the lack of basics, effort and guile was plain awful. No wonder people don't bother turning out for these games as it's just in effect a reserve team cup. You get used to seeing some sub standard stuff in the early rounds but that was as bad as I've seen in a long time.

Struggling to think of positives - so first the negatives

Nyamba isn't ready for the first team - but at least kept going

Lenihan isn't a centre half - but at least was better than Killgallon, who had a shocker.

Williamson - a professional footballer who can't kick a ball beyond 10 yds

Evans - decline continues

Spurr - looks slow and ponderous compared to Olsson

Brown - obviously not fully fit, felt the boos were uncalled for as GB could have taken any number of players off.

Tactics - wasn't why we lost - but why did we change formation yet again ?

Neutral - O'Sullivan looked ok - nothing spectacular just ok, Steele couldn't really be faulted. Delfouneso - distinctly average but worked hard. Guthrie - hmmm

Positives - Marshall played ok - and was the only creative player on show. Koita and Barrow - these two have to start on Saturday - though who you drop to accomodate, not sure.

Referee - how the hell was there only 4 minutes of added on time - absolutely unbelievable (though no excuse).

I'm not backing Bowyer, do keep up.

But Bowyer isn't the issue, Venkys are.

Sorry Gav but on matchdays with a decent squad available and those cretins at least not selling the team from under him yet then Bowyer the MANAGER is very much the issue.

Sorry Gav but on matchdays with a decent squad available and those cretins at least not selling the team from under him yet then Bowyer the MANAGER is very much the issue.

Well if you think Bowyers the issue, and obviously I know where you're coming from, let's see how long the people that appointed him take to sack him.

I think you'll be waiting a while and that's why the owners are the real problem not Bowyer.

Blackburn have gone out in the first round to League One opposition for three years is a row and manager Gary Bowyer was disappointed with the 'naive' defending.

He said: "We gave players an opportunity and as a manager there's times that all you can do is provide them with an opportunity to stake a claim for a place in the team. Some have made it interesting for Saturday and some have made it easier.

"We have to stop conceding soft goals and that's what it was. We equalised, young Ryan did ever so well with his cross and it was obviously a situation when we needed to be switched on straight from the kick-off and it was naive from us."

Any comments from Gary on tonight's performance.

He's blaming the players again.

That performance was not what we expect from a Blackburn Rovers team, we were not bad but the goals we conceded were unacceptable.

"The feeling is one of huge disappointment. You give people opportunities and some people will take those chances and some don't.

"It makes it a little bit easier for you when you are picking the team for Saturday at Huddersfield."

That'll be great for morale.

Make so many changes that your youngsters are barely playing alongside any first teamers and expect them to perform. With Williamson and Evans on the pitch at the same time. Was Evans really playing right wing or did I imagine that? With Marshall just given licence to roam the whole pitch? Strange how most of the poor performing players looked so much better when he changed to a more attacking formation. Our defence were under less pressure and had more time.

Bowyer badly underestimated the opposition tonight and it's the players' fault!

Archived