BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

• Backroom

I noticed there isn't a topic for tonights game which probably shows the level of interest in it.

I don't have time for a full preview but I'm going for a comfortable 3 - 0 win with Rhodes, Barrow and O'sullivan getting a goal each.

I would like to see something like this...

Steele

Nyambe Kilgallon Hanley Olsson

Petshi Guthrie

Barrow O'sullivan Koita

Rhodes

Attendance 4500.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

I would go with a very similar team myself

The fact that Tomlinson and Mahoney played last night indicates they won't start.

I'm really tempted to go and see what these boys can do but my dad is away, may wander down later and get a solo ticket.

I noticed there isn't a topic for tonights game which probably shows the level of interest in it.

I don't have time for a full preview but I'm going for a comfortable 3 - 0 win with Rhodes, Barrow and O'sullivan getting a goal each.

I would like to see something like this...

Steele

Nyambe Kilgallon Hanley Olsson

Petshi Guthrie

Barrow O'sullivan Koita

Rhodes

Attendance 4500.

Doubt Guthrie or Rhodes will play as they can't be risked. I reckon it will be more like:-

-----------------Steele

Nyambe----Killer----Hanley----Olsson

----------Williamson---Petshi

Barrow-------O'Sullivan------Conway

-------------------Koita

I'm excited to see what Koita, Petshi and Barrow can do.

Edit - reorganised the team slightly as Brown hasn't had any games yet in pre season I think so is likely to only come on as a sub if at all.

We desperately need to win tonight. For all the banging on about our amazing cup run last season, going out at the first round in this competition (imo) stops the younger and hungrier players getting into the 1st team. If you can raise a personal performance in these types of games, fans and managers do take note.

We desperately need to win tonight. For all the banging on about our amazing cup run last season, going out at the first round in this competition (imo) stops the younger and hungrier players getting into the 1st team. If you can raise a personal performance in these types of games, fans and managers do take note.

Agreed, a win would be good for confidence and there's a chance of a plum draw in the next round.

After booking a ticket last night on the new (sh't) on line thing I'd say the level of interest in this matches the pre season Wigan friendly. Expect a similar crowd but I think they'll get the job done tonight with a few faces pressing for places now.

Rovers 3 Shrews 2

Heading up from Shrewsbury for this one, looking forward to seeing the new blood. Old man is a Shrewsbury season ticket holder after taking me up to the rovers for many a year from the Midlands.

Shrewsbury are a decent team, few strong lads up front. Getting it wide is the way to beat them. Excited to see barrow and Koita get an extended run out.

I'm looking forward to it, I like both Madon's and JBN's teams, mix it up a little but not too much. Barrow already sounded excited about playing with Olsson, they have a Swedish connection and he mentioned their pace together on the left, so that'd be nice to see. I really hope to see Koita and O'Sullivan starting otherwise I don't see the point in having the latter around. Would be nice to see us go for them and a good few goals to give us some confidence after the weekend.

Gone out in the 1st round in the last 2yrs, but I'm going for a 2-1 Rovers win.

How the hell are Blackpool playing in the Northern section of the draw? they're away at Northampton?

If Bowyer intends to use Raya, Hanley and Duffy as our prime defensive triangle this season they need all the time together on the pitch that they can get, and shoud therefore start this game. I'd say the same for the whole back four with Olsson and Hanley if it wasn't for Nyambe, who's need for experience as our apparent second choice right back is even more desperate. Other than that this is a good chance to get Guthrie up to speed as well as trying Petshi out, and rest assets like Conway, Marshall and Rhodes.

Raya; Nyambe, Hanley, Duffy, Olsson; Guthrie, Petshi; Koita, O'Sullivan, Barrow; Brown.

After booking a ticket last night on the new (sh't) on line thing I'd say the level of interest in this matches the pre season Wigan friendly. Expect a similar crowd but I think they'll get the job done tonight with a few faces pressing for places now.

Rovers 3 Shrews 2

Totally agree about the ticket system Phil. It used to take about 3 clicks to get tickets for our own seats, now I have to do a search for each seat to see if it's available - bloody hopeless but at least there's no booking fee on home tickets.

Wasn't going to bother tonight, but I've succumbed due to wanting to have a look at some of the new(er) faces. Think there's just me & you in N05 tonight pal!

3-1 to us, Barrow, Koita and go on, I'm going to say it, Brown! :huh:

Totally agree about the ticket system Phil. It used to take about 3 clicks to get tickets for our own seats, now I have to do a search for each seat to see if it's available - bloody hopeless but at least there's no booking fee on home tickets.

Wasn't going to bother tonight, but I've succumbed due to wanting to have a look at some of the new(er) faces. Think there's just me & you in N05 tonight pal!

3-1 to us, Barrow, Koita and go on, I'm going to say it, Brown! :huh:

Yeah it's definitely a poorer more long winded version of the one that worked well for years previously. Also agree on the seat thing but I've booked one in the JW upper, sorry mate thought I'd see how the other half live :lol:

Mind you I think I've a block to myself up there !

Yeah it's definitely a poorer more long winded version of the one that worked well for years previously. Also agree on the seat thing but I've booked one in the JW upper, sorry mate thought I'd see how the other half live :lol:

Mind you I think I've a block to myself up there !

You got yourself packed up yet? Don't forget to make a checklist:

Sandwiches (prawn preferable)

Blanket(s)

Flask

Gloves (ideally ones that nullify any form of clapping noise)

I'm not sure on what else is required up there as I'm about 40 years too young to gain entry!

You got yourself packed up yet? Don't forget to make a checklist:

Sandwiches (prawn preferable)

Blanket(s)

Flask

Gloves (ideally ones that nullify any form of clapping noise)

I'm not sure on what else is required up there as I'm about 40 years too young to gain entry!

Why do you think I've booked in an empty block :lol: can't be being accused of lowering the standard up there if I happen to shout. Might tap Gordon up for a prawn butty though if I can suss who he is !

Archived