BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Capital One Cup - 1St Round - Shrewsbury (H)

Madon

Marshall was one of the few bright points last night.

As the minutes ticked by in the second half he was urging the team on and was one of the few who looked to show some urgency and determination to get forward and find the equaliser.

I recall the shambles in front of the Riverside in the last 10 minutes, when Williamson and Nyambe were pinned into a small area on the touchline near the corner flag. Shrewsbury were very comfortably keeping the ball in that area winning a succession of throw ins at ease. Marshall was in space infront of the Jack Walker stand and was screaming across the pitch for someone to get the ball to him so he could get up the pitch and was encouraging his team mates.

Williamson should never play for us again. Its nothing personal. He's just not good enough, and last night it bordered on embarrassing. Given our abundance of options for central midfield I will be staggered if he starts another game.

Agreed, for me Rovers have lots of problems - but Marshall isn't one of them.

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe but the end result is the same... defeat by a lower league team. Not readily acceptable and our performance after a bright start was worsening the longer the game went on (much like Saturday v Wolves). Very few positives except maybe the kids on the right showed much promise before they 'tired'? (Not sure if that is the correct adverb tbh).

Seems Browns days at BRFC are numbered given the cheer that greeted his substitition. Like Andrews once that happens the player is better away. Unfortunate really because a supporter hate campaign like that will cost the club a lot of money.

Just a final point I'm quite glad we are out of that competition as a number of Blackburns 'finest' had invaded the JWU. Effin c*£*, effin tw*t, effin w*nker bawled out all evening. :angry2: Simply unacceptable and unecessary behaviour. Time for uniform cup prices to be binned off so that normal people aren't subject to such scumbag dollopers. Disgusting and boorish yobs without a thought for other people despite being a number of women and children at the match. Our support seems to be sinking as low as the team and tbh if they were to come to the JWU every week I wouldn't be going to Ewood at all. I gave up with away travel for the very same reason.

Yep, Burnley got beat against Port Vale, that much is true...but I get the feeling that Dyche will be at his players to make it right in the next game, whereas our Gaz will probably just congratulate the players on doing ever so well to manage to put their Rovers kits on all by themselves.

Assertive and passionate manager's inspire players to do better, but you also need that balance with tactical knowledge and man management skills. These are all things that plenty of manager's have, but GB seems to be lacking in. Doddering manager's with inconsistent team selections get you relegated, or certainly a near miss.

• Backroom

Yeah listened to it, by and large agreed with that he said. He basically gave the players an opportunity/rope to hang themselves and the majority of them did the latter. And then said they were crap afterwards, which they were. Not cowardly, it was an honest assessment.

Not a great way to get the players on your side, is it?

You must not have been there on Sat then. I deemed him only average to poor last night tbh.

Correct, wasn't there on Sat. Was there last night though and for me Marshall was one of the few players to walk off and not deserve a bollocking.

Perhaps if I change my position to 'Rovers have lots of bigger problems than Marshall' I can keep you on side, Gordon?

Seems Browns days at BRFC are numbered given the cheer that greeted his substitition. Like Andrews once that happens the player is better away. Unfortunate really because a supporter hate campaign like that will cost the club a lot of money.

So would playing him on a regular basis!

DMTP, That annoyed me that we switch back playing 4-4-2 after playing 4-2-3-1 for most of pre season

I'm keeping a log to see how much it changes:

Wolves (h): 4-2-3-1 (25 mins) 4-4-2 (65 mins)

Shrews (h): 4-4-2

When are we going to stop conceding goals? Goals that are avoidable, that proper defenders dont let occur.what drills are craig short running? It aint working and without a step change we will continue to struggle to win games.

I was quite looking forward to the game last night but aside from little spells almost to a man we were shocking. I have been asking myself since last night who wanted to win more and every time the answer is Shrewsbury. They were sharper, tackled and run harder that we did and deserved their win (in fact it could have been more emphatic). And for all the failings I am looking at Bowyer to explain why this was but he was quick to shift the blame onto the players. I think he is in denial because as he has blamed the officials on Saturday, no mention of his or his staff's shortcomings. The players look unfit and unmotivated.

I couldn't believe his third substitution last night. We were 2-1 down, desperately need another goal and Evans signalled he was injured. Bowyer went like for like with Guthrie when Rhodes is on the bench. Unbelievable.

Bowyers caution is, to me a clear sign of a man desperately out of is depth and he just doesn't know how to win games of football.

It seems to me from afar:

- 9 changes was too many, didn't give the 9 a chance to step up in the company of better players.

- I think it's arrogant of him to assume our B-team is better than Shrewsbury anyway.

- As the 9 were failing he should have had enough of our better A-teamers on the bench to bring three on with 30 mins to go and keep us in the cup.

- Blaming the players after the above is disgraceful.

I have a feeling if this carries on he might get binned.

Maybe but the end result is the same... defeat by a lower league team. Not readily acceptable and our performance after a bright start was worsening the longer the game went on (much like Saturday v Wolves). Very few positives except maybe the kids on the right showed much promise before they 'tired'? (Not sure if that is the correct adverb tbh).

Just a final point I'm quite glad we are out of that competition as a number of Blackburns 'finest' had invaded the JWU. Effin c*£*, effin tw*t, effin w*nker bawled out all evening. :angry2: Simply unacceptable and unecessary behaviour. Time for uniform cup prices to be binned off so that normal people aren't subject to such scumbag dollopers. Disgusting and boorish yobs without a thought for other people despite being a number of women and children at the match. Our support seems to be sinking as low as the team and tbh if they were to come to the JWU every week I wouldn't be going to Ewood at all. I gave up with away travel for the very same reason.

So you still think playing Brown ahead of Rhodes could benefit the team? The lad isn't in the same league as JR.

Notice how Middlesbrough tonight along with many other Championship clubs have gone into their fixtures against lower division opposition with their strongest 11 starting, or very nearly their strongest 11 with maybe 2 or 3 changes.

For some reason we are a special case and need to make wholesale changes to our team by bringing about 9 new players in, some of which have had no pre-season (Lenighan, Brown, Evans).

Brown clearly wasn't fit and needs game time - should have had an hour in the Under 21s on Monday possibly.

At least having rested Rhodes, Koita, Guthrie, Hanley, Duffy, Henley, Olsson, Conway, Raya and Lowe last night there can be absolutely no excuses of a hang-over, fatigue or a lack of preparation on Saturday.

To defend the players and lay it all at the managers door because he is crap at post match interviews doesn't make sense to me.

To defend the manager and blame the players that HE...

Scouted

Trialled

Signed

Coached

Motivated

Instructed

Organised

Primed

Started

Subbed

...doesn't make sense to me.

To defend the manager and blame the players that HE...

Scouted

Trialled

Signed

Coached

Motivated

Instructed

Organised

Primed

Started

Subbed

...doesn't make sense to me.

I defended blaming the post match interview.

It was the first round of the capital one cup. You play weaker teams to try things out, we discovered that most of the players are not ready/good enough who played.

Derby found similar out tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reports on a Shrewsbury forum state a few of their fans were assaulted after the game and their fans coaches were bricked.Looks like the cheap ticket chavs were out in force last night.

Club going to pot.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/90933/blackburn-away?page=3

Somebody posted a snap on twitter last night after the game saying there was a mob waiting for the away fans to come out. Same kind of comments on a Scunny forum after last seasons game. Bet there's absolutely no sign of this yoof when Boro, Leeds or Preston come to town !

Also it's not gone unnoticed on there just how crap Rovers were :blink:

I defended blaming the post match interview.

It was the first round of the capital one cup. You play weaker teams to try things out, we discovered that most of the players are not ready/good enough who played.

Derby found similar out tonight.

Forgive my ignorance but don't you play competitive sport to win? Isn't winning nice? Does it not breed confidence? Fifth season running we've gone out to lower league teams? Symptom of crap team/management/owners?

Forgive my ignorance but don't you play competitive sport to win? Isn't winning nice? Does it not breed confidence? Fifth season running we've gone out to lower league teams? Symptom of crap team/management/owners?

I would say the owners have to take most of the blame, but bad results are a combination of managers/players.

Capital One cup is slightly different with a large proportion of teams playing weaker sides to get knocked out, not saying that's what we did but we all know it happens.

I would say the owners have to take most of the blame, but bad results are a combination of managers/players.

Capital One cup is slightly different with a large proportion of teams playing weaker sides to get knocked out, not saying that's what we did but we all know it happens.

If they have played to get knocked out then they should refund all the supporters

Archived