Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

What happened to you standing by Bowyer?

You must've changed your mind whilst changing your Rovers socks.

That shortlist is a dream. Sadly it will remain so.

If I remember rightly he changed his mind last season as well

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

What happened to you standing by Bowyer?

You must've changed your mind whilst changing your Rovers socks.

That shortlist is a dream. Sadly it will remain so.

He's said that Saturday was a turning point, clear the place needs a boost that the manager doesn't seem like bringing.

I for one knew it was going to be a non descript season and said so, does not mean it is acceptable though

I'm pretty sure I summed it up too. There's a thread somewhere "Hopes for the season" or something, it'll be in there.

Although wr expected it, The reality is demoralising.

• Backroom

If Nixon says it, I'm trained to believe the opposite. It's worked out well for me since he's been out of the loop.

Don't think he's had a clue what's going on since Kean left. Kamy seems to have a stronger line to Pune, so I'd be inclined to believe him over the guy who thought Kean and Coyle were the second coming of Ferguson and Dalglish.

Nixon is saying that Rovers/Venkys advisors are still talking to Jokanovic but is saying other clubs are talking to him aswell.

Holloway and Lambert still on the shortlist. Sherwood is not.

Here is Jokanovic's bio for people who don't know a lot of him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavi%C5%A1a_Jokanovi%C4%87

I just hope we get a manager who use our players from the academy(if good enough) around the first team squad

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying this story. I believe that at some recent stage someone working for or with someone at Venkys HQ made a tentative approach to Jokanovic about potential interest in the job. But that's as far as it goes.

If they were serious then they would have gone to Jokanovic, offered him the job, and if he wasn't keen then move onto the next target i.e. Lambert and Holloway. If that had been done with any serious effort then I'm sure we would be sat here with a new manager. The fact that Bowyer remains in place suggests that they arent going to sack him or that efforts to appoint a replacement haven't been taken seriously either by those making the offer or the manager(s) they are targeting.

Also if this selection process (if we can call it that) had really been going on these last few weeks then Bowyer would have got wind and would probably be in the process of suing the club for approaching other managers whilst he is still in position.

Apparently, according to Nixon, a CV boasting a promotion is required to be considered. Yet they are persisting with a manager who has never gone close to promotion in his 2.5 years incharge.

Nixon is making it up to sell papers. Rovers is his department in the national press and the Rhodes transfer rumours have all fallen through, so he needs to get something else out there.

I'm sorry but I'm just not buying this story. I believe that at some recent stage someone working for or with someone at Venkys HQ made a tentative approach to Jokanovic about potential interest in the job. But that's as far as it goes.

If they were serious then they would have gone to Jokanovic, offered him the job, and if he wasn't keen then move onto the next target i.e. Lambert and Holloway. If that had been done with any serious effort then I'm sure we would be sat here with a new manager. The fact that Bowyer remains in place suggests that they arent going to sack him or that efforts to appoint a replacement haven't been taken seriously either by those making the offer or the manager(s) they are targeting.

Also if this selection process (if we can call it that) had really been going on these last few weeks then Bowyer would have got wind and would probably be in the process of suing the club for approaching other managers whilst he is still in position.

Apparently, according to Nixon, a CV boasting a promotion is required to be considered. Yet they are persisting with a manager who has never gone close to promotion in his 2.5 years incharge.

Nixon is making it up to sell papers. Rovers is his department in the national press and the Rhodes transfer rumours have all fallen through, so he needs to get something else out there.

You mean something that won't fall through

I'll forgive King Henry, a top journo that has always had a lot of time for us, both the club and the fans.

Indeed. Actually, he was touting us for Moyes, not the other way around. Then Claridge, not eloquently, but correctly, reminded him about Venky's ownership. Sigh

Henry Winter touting Moyes on 5live. But then spoilt it by saying he admires Boywer...

Tbh I quite admire Bowyer too but its for achievements that are getting farther and farther into the past. He has not been able to get the best out of a squad he assembled and it has been obvious for a long time that he cannot move us forward to where we want to be.

Not his fault, he would have made a great interim manager, holding the fort while they looked for a permanent appointment but sadly Venkys do not move in that logical way.

They were discussing David moyes' next move, and winter said something along the lines of us and Bolton being suitable, with former glories. Wasn't suggesting that there was an availability. Then claridge said Bolton have big debt and we are useless at making decisions. Then the conversation moved on.

They were discussing David moyes' next move, and winter said something along the lines of us and Bolton being suitable, with former glories. Wasn't suggesting that there was an availability. Then claridge said Bolton have big debt and we are useless at making decisions. Then the conversation moved on.

Claridge is a bit a dolloper

Thanks. General discussion would mean no real link/ chance.

Thanks. General discussion would mean no real link/ chance.

the only chance would be the Shaw link but has shelfy any power to do anything ? or would he upset the applecart so to speak..highly doubtfull

Look back at my previous posts since the Brentford game and that will tell you the answer

sadly you have form and after we get another win your most likely to change your mind again.

One things for sure about Moyes, if we dont try snapping up right now then another club will do sooner rather than later.

Bowyer out, Moyes in....though personally id prefer Jokanovic or Lambert ahead of him as i think they are both carrying less baggage and play better football(though on the other hand moyes has proven to be very good at blooding youngsters and getting the best from them, which could be handy!)

all nonsense talk though, I cant see gary boreya going anywhere until the fan base is completely comatosed

Archived