Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Lighten up everybody -most of you have still not accepted its going to be a non-descript season.

Just hope he does not lose against Preston ....or he is in for it BIG.

Advice Gazza: If Tomlinson has scored the winner in the Under 21s against Bumley...he has to be on the Subs bench at least.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it was another attempt at humour from him, i wish hed jus shut up and kean off.

I did wonder if it was a misguided attempt at humour, even if it was it was an extremely odd thing to say, tantamount to saying we're looking to extend his loan but we know there's no chance whatsoever of that as we know he's set his sights on moving elsewhere when the loan period expires.

More importantly on the pitch results are still absolutely abysmal. As always under GB one false dawn is never built upon and is quickly followed by 3 steps back. I thought last year was some going, being out of play off contention by February but we've surpassed that this time by being out of realistic playoff contention if GB stays just after bonfire night. If he isn't replaced then I feel we will either scrape in where we are now three or four points above the relegation zone or be relegated. That's without factoring in a possible sale of Rhodes in January which imo would make relegation under GB an absolute certainty.

Can't understand why he wasn't replaced in January or February. Things clearly aren't working under him, the players don't look motivated enough to go out and try and win games as opposed to scraping the odd point here and there and results are getting worse and worse.

Replacing him with the likes of Jokanovic, Pearson, Moyes would be a dream but my personal preference would be Gary Rowett - if he'd come.

TBH I think were going round and round in circles and just getting more P'd off with GB but whilst Venky's remain after a false dawn earlier in the season it's plainly obvious GB and the other 2 stooges Shaw and Myers won't be going anywhere soon...

It's the hope what's even harder to take

possibly come May when JR's goals have kept us in the Championship and every last bit of parachute money has gone the twohats just do one...then we'll have to pick up the pieces a la Pompey

Moyes sacked.

Out his depth in La Liga and he's spent a fortune in the summer

Out his depth at Man United

Did well at Everton with limited resources but blew two years budget on a waste of space Russian Billianyecheckio or something like that he was called

But despicable comments regarding Kean

Out his depth in La Liga and he's spent a fortune in the summer

Out his depth at Man United

Did well at Everton with limited resources but blew two years budget on a waste of space Russian Billianyecheckio or something like that he was called

But despicable comments regarding Kean

Also did extremely well at Preston which isn't so far off our level at the moment.

I was told by someone who knows him that he likes to micro manage a Club down to the price of the last toilet roll and that isn't really feasible at an organisation the size of the Red Scum. No reason he shouldn't do ok at a slightly smaller Club in England I wouldn't have thought. Unlikely he'd be interested but if he wanted an immediate route back into football after 2 recent sackings...................

Shaw would be daft not to at least pose the question to his pal.

Shaw would never rock the boat by suggesting Moyes, he's just happy picking up his wages, going out on a limb isn't on his agenda In my opinion.

He was brought in to back Agnew in a power struggle against Singh and ended up with the top job, he still pinches himself at night to make sure it's true.

All that before considering whether Moyes would come here or Bowyer would be sacked.

Is bet Tris and SteB's mortgages on him not coming here.

I was told by someone who knows him that he likes to micro manage a Club down to the price of the last toilet roll and that isn't really feasible at an organisation the size of the Red Scum. No reason he shouldn't do ok at a slightly smaller Club in England I wouldn't have thought. Unlikely he'd be interested but if he wanted an immediate route back into football after 2 recent sackings...................

I've heard the same about him too. I think Ferguson mentioned the topic in his latest book too.

Not that it matters. He wouldn't come to Ewood. It's too barmy a situation. He can wait a bit and get a job at a club with a normal structure.

Sounds like to me you want Tim Sherwood then?

He has passion, man management skills, and would lift the club/fans as soon as he was appoint.

Allegedly turned the gig down last time because he wasn't allowed to sign his own players so nothings changed on the owners front since then chaddy.

Next......

It won't happen but I'd have him here.

I'd take anyone where there is logic behind the decision.

Don't think there's much left to screw out of Blackburn Rovers football club to warrant such an appointment do you ?

Sounds like to me you want Tim Sherwood then?

He has passion, man management skills, and would lift the club/fans as soon as he was appoint.

As I said, would take virtually anyone over Bowyer. IMV, that's how bad a manager he is.

You mean Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink?

Would do for me.

Has charisma, passion and clearly knows a thing or two about football.

If it would have happened. It would have been today. Stuck with him for an eternity or until we are even more out of touch with those above.

I'm so frustrated with being a Rovers fan at the moment. Totally geared up for mediocrity and failure.

Nixon is saying that Rovers/Venkys advisors are still talking to Jokanovic but is saying other clubs are talking to him aswell.

Holloway and Lambert still on the shortlist. Sherwood is not.

Here is Jokanovic's bio for people who don't know a lot of him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavi%C5%A1a_Jokanovi%C4%87

I just hope we get a manager who use our players from the academy(if good enough) around the first team squad

Lighten up everybody -most of you have still not accepted its going to be a non-descript season.

Just hope he does not lose against Preston ....or he is in for it BIG.

Advice Gazza: If Tomlinson has scored the winner in the Under 21s against Bumley...he has to be on the Subs bench at least.

I for one knew it was going to be a non descript season and said so, does not mean it is acceptable though

Nixon is saying that Rovers/Venkys advisors are still talking to Jokanovic but is saying other clubs are talking to him aswell.

Holloway and Lambert still on the shortlist. Sherwood is not.

Here is Jokanovic's bio for people who don't know a lot of him

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slavi%C5%A1a_Jokanovi%C4%87

I just hope we get a manager who use our players from the academy(if good enough) around the first team squad

What happened to you standing by Bowyer?

You must've changed your mind whilst changing your Rovers socks.

That shortlist is a dream. Sadly it will remain so.

Archived