Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Backroom

New thread with a poll.

So the transfer window is shut, Shelfy has said the manager has got almost everyone he targeted and we are 7 games into the season with 3 points and a league cup exit at home to a struggling league one team.

Simple question, do you think he should be sacked?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Yes, of course.

But based on Kamy's comments on the previous thread, I'd say we are looking at Steve Kean mk2.

Proves that everybody who claimed Venky's had learned their lessons were very, very wrong. Those who don't learn from history, etc.

Staring down the barrel again, and Venky's won't save us. They aren't willing or capable.

The only question is how far do we have to sink before they view the situation as irretrievable and bail?

Like I said I could be completely wrong on this one but historically things like these leak from Pune and since the Bolton game the line from Pune is very much no sacking imminent.

TBF a senior guy at Venky's HQ who I talk to regularly is under the impression that majority of fans don't want Gary out, the basis of his argument is that there has been no major unrest at games (ala what happened with Kean Out). You have to remember these guys are very uneducated about the game and there reference point for supporter unrest is what happened with Kean.

Like I said I could be completely wrong on this one but historically things like these leak from Pune and since the Bolton game the line from Pune is very much no sacking imminent.

TBF a senior guy at Venky's HQ who I talk to regularly is under the impression that majority of fans don't want Gary out, the basis of his argument is that there has been no major unrest at games (ala what happened with Kean Out). You have to remember these guys are very uneducated about the game and there reference point for supporter unrest is what happened with Kean.

But severe supporter unrest during the Kean reign didn't make one iota of difference to these people. In fact they gave him a new contract after publicly supporting him did they not?

If what you say is correct then these people are bigger imbeciles than I imagined.

What would it take to get the message over to them?

Good point Kamy and it is something that I have commented on before. Of course, the barometer should be results, not what decibel levels the boos are measured at, but this is Venky's we are talking about.

If Venky's do have 'their' people on the ground or talk to Shaw or Bowyer himself and ask how much grief he is getting at games, the answer would truthfully be zero.

The Kean era has paralysed the fanbase and Bowyer has got very lucky re having no dissent at matches.

This site represents less than 1% of the fanbase, that needs pointing out because some think it speaks for the majority, it doesn't.

The vast majority of fans on a match day won't call for his head just yet, but its coming if he doesn't start winning soon, and I think thats right, he's trying his best but is out of his depth.

I don't feel anger towards the man at all, I could have done time over king rat quite easily, big difference.

23-0 now, 13 mins later!

whether this board represents 1% of the fan base, its still clear that Bowyer has lost the support and will continue to lose support if results continue in the same way. I still maintain, this are going to get ugly if he is not sacked, and i really dont want that to happen with him, because he is not Steve Kean, and i still like him as person, so for his sake i hope he does get the sack, or he resigns

Why aren't they using results and league position as the indicator?

Bottom 3 and no wins. Should be more than enough to see him binned off without a moments hesitation.

As DE says, Steve Kean mark 2. Venkys out to consolidate their position as worst owners of a football club.

I wonder how long a manager at a Venky's Hatchery would last if there was an outbreak of salmonella for more than a few days, if said manager consistently stated (s)he was dealing with it, yet it continued to threaten the long term viability of the facility.

My guess is that marching orders would be issued sooner rather than later in such a case.

Now, turning to another of Venky's 'strategic business units' ......

P45 for Mr Bowyer from me, I'm afraid...

:rover:

This site represents less than 1% of the fanbase, that needs pointing out because some think it speaks for the majority, it doesn't.

The vast majority of fans on a match day won't call for his head just yet, but its coming if he doesn't start winning soon, and I think thats right, he's trying his best but is out of his depth.

I don't feel anger towards the man at all, I could have done time over king rat quite easily, big difference.

GAV pretty much sums up how I feel about Bowyer, along with most of the people I sit near at Ewood.

However, I must say I am finding a few of Bowyer's recent interviews and quotes are starting to annoy me more and more because of the thinly veiled nature of the fact that the intended targets of their messages are in Pune. I think if we were to lose at QPR and not win on Saturday, that would be that for the majority. Proper fan unrest would soon follow.

I think Bowyer will be sacked when we least expect.

As Kamy has said 'all is quiet', he will go this week.

In my experience with different organisations that I've been involved in, the real plotting is taking place when all is quiet.

It is also the only way we can have a collective view. Mind you the Labour leadership campaign was hardly representative.......perhaps we could charge Burnley/Preston/Bolton fans a £1 to vote !

Archived