Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

You are right JBizz. You only sack after you have someone else lined up and with a suitable back room team. Trouble is this will cost the V's a few £ all round unless they get a role for GB back at Brockall.

Perhaps GB could get the job to run Radio Rovers. His charm, wit and personality will win over 1864 Roverite in a flash !

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We got 5000 plus emails for the Kean out petition. They didn't think that was representative either

Wonder if 5000 people contacting them direct on their personal phone numbers and email addresses would work? and to be fair not much they could about Kean he was their project partners man

Kamys comment about Venkys not being aware that fans want Bowyer gone has me worried.There is something deeply wrong here behind the scenes of this club,just who is waxing lyrical to Madame? Is there an Axis of self interest and self greed being put before the best interests of the club as a whole?....I'm nearly damn well bloody sure there is!.

This may be controversial but I don't trust ANYONE down at Ewood anymore to do the right thing for this club.

Bowyer,Shaw,Silent Bob...uncle Tom Cobley 'n' all :glare:

• Backroom

Over 150 votes and 98% is telling, I do wonder how much closer it would be if you took a survey at a home game and an away game.

I would put good money on him being backed more with the away following but still probably not a majority.

I thought Don Mackay briefly did in the early 90s but I could be wrong

I think when Stapleton was here under Don McKay we flirted with the bottom 3. We possibly also did in the first couple of months under Souey's promotion season as we started slowly.

We got 5000 plus emails for the Kean out petition. They didn't think that was representative either

I'm not surprised, quite a miniscule amount compared to the thousands of letters of support he received on a daily basis.

Over 150 votes and 98% is telling, I do wonder how much closer it would be if you took a survey at a home game and an away game.

I would put good money on him being backed more with the away following but still probably not a majority.

"Gary Bowyer's blue and white army" was clear in 1st few minutes yesterday "

Amazed me

Kamys comment about Venkys not being aware that fans want Bowyer gone has me worried.There is something deeply wrong here behind the scenes of this club,just who is waxing lyrical to Madame? Is there an Axis of self interest and self greed being put before the best interests of the club as a whole?....I'm nearly damn well bloody sure there is!.

This may be controversial but I don't trust ANYONE down at Ewood anymore to do the right thing for this club.

Bowyer,Shaw,Silent Bob...uncle Tom Cobley 'n' all :glare:

SG 194 you know you've answered your own question. That's why we should give Silent, Shelfie and Sicknote pelters. They need to feel the heat. Then just maybe they'll go off crying to the Rao's asking for change.

I voted yes. I still said "but only if there is a qualified and competent replacement lined up" in my mind after the question like. It still makes me feel extremely uneasy, and if they don't sack the manager I'm still behind him and the club because the priority IS the club. Hopefully we can win the next two regardless.

I think many posters are oblivious to the likelihood of it getting worse as opposed to better. It's definitely a factor with this ownership. Worries me at least.

Maybe the "5000" emails (as it would be many less) to the owners this time should include a replacement we could all agree to get behind.

For me it's got to be Pearson.

good post there Jbizzle.

I haven't voted in the poll.

if Bowyer did go/get sack then I have massive serious concerns about who would be appoint as manager/head coach.

1. who is going to in charge who selecting/choosing the next manager

2. who is advising the owners and what they say to the owners about their choice to them

3. their track record of appointing managers and special advisors like Vineeth Rao or Shebby Singh

good post there Jbizzle.

if Bowyer did go/get sack then I have massive serious concerns about who would be appoint as manager/head coach.

1. who is going to in charge who selecting/choosing the next manager

2. who is advising the owners and what they say to the owners about their choice to them

3. their track record of appointing managers and special advisors like Vineeth Rao or Shebby Singh

Avoiding the poll? Why?

We are dying a slow death.

Looking forward to league 1?

Avoiding the poll? Why?

We are dying a slow death.

Looking forward to league 1?

I would be more inclined to keep Bowyer on as manager and give him till the next international break. But he needs to wins

I have concerns about who they would appoint and who is advising them.

Not a fan of polls. Look how wrong MOST of the polls were in the last General Election. Nobody expected them results bte

Like I said I could be completely wrong on this one but historically things like these leak from Pune and since the Bolton game the line from Pune is very much no sacking imminent.

TBF a senior guy at Venky's HQ who I talk to regularly is under the impression that majority of fans don't want Gary out, the basis of his argument is that there has been no major unrest at games (ala what happened with Kean Out). You have to remember these guys are very uneducated about the game and there reference point for supporter unrest is what happened with Kean.

The fact they are using level of supporter unrest as a basis to decide whether or not to sack the manager shows just what a bunch of ignorant buffoons they are.

Can they not read a league table?

I would be more inclined to keep Bowyer on as manager and give him till the next international break. But he needs to wins

Not a fan of polls. Look how wrong MOST of the polls were in the last General Election. Nobody expected them results bte

This is nothing like a General Election. I wish it was as Bowyer would no doubt be sacked via the ballot box.

Good post JBizzle.

The nearest we can get to Venkys on Saturday is the old one from the 70s/80s.....

SACK THE BOARD....SACK THE BOARD....SACK THE BOARD

Then they invariably sack the Manager.

Can you just imagine Shelfie's priorities for a new Manager?!

our last 3 manager(berg, appleton and bowyer) where all selected by the board(which seemed to be headed by Shaw) and signed off on by the venkys, imo berg and appleton where victims of circumstance and are both now showing their worth at their new clubs, i'm fairly confident that the board would target some respectable candidates, its whether those candidates would now want to come here that is the real question.

I'm a rare contributor on this forum these days, but voted for his removal.

I would have replaced him a year ago in fact. Last season was all about promotion, and he palpably failed. We had a brief flirtation with the top six, despite having a strike force that both scored over 20 goals each. However the same old problems with vulnerability at set pieces, muddled team selection and tactics.

This season has started in the same manner, although this time we don't have Rudy's goals to rely on, we are heading one way, and quickly.

A fear of who the powers that be at Ewood and Pune may bring in, isn't a reason to maintain the status quo. He needs to be replaced now.

Bowyer always strikes me as a decent man, but he quite simply isn't up to the task. Sad it's come to this, but for the sake of the club action is needed.

Some say Bowyer has taken us as far as he can, they are wrong, unhindered he will comfortably lead us to League 1.

Three points from a possible eighteen and knocked out of the League Cup by a pub team.

My bloody dog could do a caretaker role for a couple of months if need be.

Can't get much worse can it? Well just look at a graph since the Venky's Franchise Company came to town. Starts off high to the left and falls steadily away to the right. Down, down, deeper and down.

We need action now. I do feel sorry for Bowyer but he needs to go. Just as importantly the f inner sanctum need to go as well. Burnley Bob, Preston Shelfy, Scouser Myers and every other greedy f pig scoffing from the trough. The club is rotten to the core. Action is needed and needed now.

I have voted yes 4 me this is a results based business & GB is not getting results sad but true cup of beans don't worry Shaw will be feeling the heat come Saturday trust me Chaddy one question does playing well for one half constitute a good performance & is that the only reason for u changing ur mind on twitter to not sack GB?

Chaddy maybe you wd perfer a fence option to sit on?

Good point Kamy and it is something that I have commented on before. Of course, the barometer should be results, not what decibel levels the boos are measured at, but this is Venky's we are talking about.

If Venky's do have 'their' people on the ground or talk to Shaw or Bowyer himself and ask how much grief he is getting at games, the answer would truthfully be zero.

The Kean era has paralysed the fanbase and Bowyer has got very lucky re having no dissent at matches.

I agree totally.

I would add that maybe Venkys and the fans accidentally set the benchmark for what constitutes supporter dissatisfaction.

As long as we keep narrowly losing with excuses and "bad luck" Bowyer's total ineptitude in selecting starting line ups will be overlooked.

There are still folk on Fb posting crap like "In Bowyer We Trust". Such people have the dysfunctional club that they deserve.

Empty seat my lord...

Wheelock has sent me a PM that he's going to try and get poll on the LT website but not down to him.

Completely pointless. Dingles and Nobbers would spam the voting and make it closer to 50/50. Then the LT would run this as 'fans back Bowyer'.

This is the rag that backed Kean and printed his lies whilst he was in post then printed a list of his 'best quotes' as though they have any right to after he was gone.

I agree totally.

I would add that maybe Venkys and the fans accidentally set the benchmark for what constitutes supporter dissatisfaction.

As long as we keep narrowly losing with excuses and "bad luck" Bowyer's total ineptitude in selecting starting line ups will be overlooked.

There are still folk on Fb posting crap like "In Bowyer We Trust". Such people have the dysfunctional club that they deserve.

Empty seat my lord...

Completely pointless. Dingles and Nobbers would spam the voting and make it closer to 50/50. Then the LT would run this as 'fans back Bowyer'.

This is the rag that backed Kean and printed his lies whilst he was in post then printed a list of his 'best quotes' as though they have any right to after he was gone.

I have suggested he uses the findings off this poll also.

Three points from a possible eighteen and knocked out of the League Cup by a pub team.

My bloody dog could do a caretaker role for a couple of months if need be.

Can't get much worse can it? Well just look at a graph since the Venky's Franchise Company came to town. Starts off high to the left and falls steadily away to the right. Down, down, deeper and down.

We need action now. I do feel sorry for Bowyer but he needs to go. Just as importantly the f inner sanctum need to go as well. Burnley Bob, Preston Shelfy, Scouser Myers and every other greedy f pig scoffing from the trough. The club is rotten to the core. Action is needed and needed now.

Correct. Those saying it could get worse simply need to look at the league table. I'd be pretty confident it couldn't get worse with my next door neighbour calling the shots. (Bless her, had to sweep her drive tother day due to her dodgy hip).

As for those chancers behind the scenes. Your not welcome at this club and never will be.

Archived