314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

If wed have won six out of six we would be saying the same thing, youre under pressure to keep the run going, he said.

Of course Gary winning 6 and winning 0 is pretty much the same thing

Is he really only on a 12 month rolling contract or is that just what we were fobbed off with ? Not like they haven't lied before in these circumstances. He has the aura of someone perhaps who has a longer one and knows they won't be potting him and paying it up.

its comments like what Bowyer is making, that is causing issues not only for himself, but also the fans. If he just comes out and takes responsibility for the performances, and says things like we are under pressure, but we are still pushing hard to get things sorted, then okay. But if after every game he makes excuses, or he blames everybody but himself, then im afraid that what ever comes his way, it will not be pleasant.

Naa ive burnt my bridges with bowyer, ive give him enough chances of the years, I've no interest in anything he has to say anymore(unless its a written letter of redignation) i just want to see the back of him and take the gamble of a new manager(the same gamble every club makes when hiring a new manager)

The fact that he has agreed to the Q&A with fans is another very firm indication that he isn't fearing for his future, certainly in the future. He has has been very relaxed since the Brighton game, to me it means that he has had some sort of firm reassurance from Mrs D regarding his position. I suspect that he has been given a fixed period of time to hit a certain points target.

• Moderation Lead

The fact that he has agreed to the Q&A with fans is another very firm indication that he isn't fearing for his future, certainly in the future. He has has been very relaxed since the Brighton game, to me it means that he has had some sort of firm reassurance from Mrs D regarding his position. I suspect that he has been given a fixed period of time to hit a certain points target.

Stop it Kamy :(

Well unless the target is 10 points by the new year I doubt Bowyer is going to hit said target.

Forget sacking hom for a second, if we dont get a win from one of our next two games and he STILL doesnt resign, then he losses all respect atcevery level from me and really would be up there with kean in the league of undignified keaners.

Not sure he would be in the Kean league - but he would start eating away at whatever respect the fans had for him.

Not sure he would be in the Kean league - but he would start eating away at whatever respect the fans had for him.

Yes, this pretty much sums up how I feel about him as well. I'm not sure anyone could ever be in the Kean league in my eyes. Utterly despicable man.

However, GB is starting to make familiar sounding noises, mainly aimed at Pune, which will chime with many fans as being of a similar ilk to the type of drivel Keanochio used to come out with.

That respect has been long lost once the snide comments and insult of fans intelligence started in his pressers the brentford away was the 1st for me

97% think he should be sacked, my god! Expected it to be high but that hilarious. Fans are absolutely right, but given the ridiculously sluggish nature of the set of morons who are Venkys, it'll probably be a couple of years yet before anything happens.

Has anyone let Bowyer, Shaw or Myers know this via Facebook Twitter or similar.

• Backroom

I think the comparison is valid in terms of on the pitch and off the pitch is starting slowly to head that way.

Agreed.

The two may not be comparable on a personal level, and Bowyer will never have the hatred that Kean had. However, if Bowyer refuses to resign despite the team tanking under his leadership, the parallels are there.

That's completely fine, couldn't disagree more though.

If Rovers continue to struggle then eventually the fans in the ground will turn on him, which means they will want him out and will be wondering why he hasn't gone. In turn Bowyer will start getting more defensive in the media which is only natural but it will only rile those fans up even more.

We have seen it before and yes it was with you know who.

I'm convinced it will turn out this way unless Bowyer is removed from his job before it starts to get nasty.

Archived