Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

I've just bit the bullet and re-subscribed to Rovers Player so I'm going to stay up for tonights game.

I'm going to try and not moan too much about Bowyer interviews on RP as if they are anywhere then RP is the place so it's my choice to suffer or not.

BUT......at the start of the pre QPR match interview he says ... ''I don't think that we were that bad in the first half''........banged on about missed chances throughout the game and said going 2-0 down affected peoples perception of the game which Rovers dominated. Not once did he say we were a defensive shambles for the first 30 minutes or so. He would have had the same demeanor if we had won, I'm convinced of that. Ohh.............and only said 'ever so well' 3 times in 5min 24 sec interview. He was as pleasant, nice and affable as always...........and fecking boring.

Rant over and I will, going forward, not comment on any more of his RP interviews.........well at least I will try............I hope.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've just bit the bullet and re-subscribed to Rovers Player so I'm going to stay up for tonights game.

I'm going to try and not moan too much about Bowyer interviews on RP as if they are anywhere then RP is the place so it's my choice to suffer or not.

BUT......at the start of the pre QPR match interview he says ... ''I don't think that we were that bad in the first half''........banged on about missed chances throughout the game and said going 2-0 down affected peoples perception of the game which Rovers dominated. Not once did he say we were a defensive shambles for the first 30 minutes or so. He would have had the same demeanor if we had won, I'm convinced of that. Ohh.............and only said 'ever so well' 3 times in 5min 24 sec interview. He was as pleasant, nice and affable as always...........and fecking boring.

Rant over and I will going forward will not comment on any more of his RP interviews.........well at least I will try............I hope.

Ill give it a week, you will need to vent or your head will explode :)

To be fair Joe, look at DE's post above this one.

I don't think the refusing to resign before pushed was what really rankled with Kean.

Was it not taking the club backwards from day one? continuously spouting lies? blaming a drink driving ban on a fan? Calling all players the new "insert Gerrard/Rooney/ etc"? Being likely complicit in the scheme from the off? Being partly responsible for the debt accumulated even after he left ala best, Dixon, murphy? Making bizarre team selections that ostracised the best players, and released the veterans without even so much of a goodbye? Nelsen being in traction? Hoilett "will" sign? A step back before two forward in terms of relegation? FRIGGING PUDSEY BEAR AS KITMAN!!!!???

Need I go on?

Posters may get wound up by GBs comments that's completely fine. As many know, I don't read telegraph articles but I thought I'd read this - hilarious how the quote misses the part about how the pressure has always been there.

Nobody mentioned the part about loving the club and wanting to win for the club either. I guess it's not important in the scheme of things to some. Whilst some things echo in all managers such as cliches, moaning, tactics - my opinion will not change. It's vile saying he is "exactly the same", "just as bad" etc in my opinion.

Anyway, I hate Kean. I might be convinced that GB isn't up to the job anymore, but it would take a NDA, 50k in cash, a memory wiping pen from men in black and enough mythos to put Abbey in a snooze to make me "forget" just what Snakean did to this club.

Like I said I could be completely wrong on this one but historically things like these leak from Pune and since the Bolton game the line from Pune is very much no sacking imminent.

TBF a senior guy at Venky's HQ who I talk to regularly is under the impression that majority of fans don't want Gary out, the basis of his argument is that there has been no major unrest at games (ala what happened with Kean Out). You have to remember these guys are very uneducated about the game and there reference point for supporter unrest is what happened with Kean.

An adverse result against Charlton could change the supporters' passivity.

Amazed by the vote on here- only 7 say not to sack him!

Agreed.

The two may not be comparable on a personal level, and Bowyer will never have the hatred that Kean had. However, if Bowyer refuses to resign despite the team tanking under his leadership, the parallels are there.

I think the behind the scenes issues with Kean were of a completely different magnitude. Both Bowyer and Kean are completely out of their depth in the Manager's seat but what I believe Kean got up to would shock most Rovers' supporters to their core were it ever to be sufficiently evidenced for it to be published. There are some very deep pockets around Kean which means no editor or legal advisor will sign off based on the evidence as it now stands.

The developing FIFA scandal could cause some rabbits to run which might then lead to exposures very much closer to home...

• Backroom

I think the behind the scenes issues with Kean were of a completely different magnitude. Both Bowyer and Kean are completely out of their depth in the Manager's seat but what I believe Kean got up to would shock most Rovers' supporters to their core were it ever to be sufficiently evidenced for it to be published. There are some very deep pockets around Kean which means no editor or legal advisor will sign off based on the evidence as it now stands.

The developing FIFA scandal could cause some rabbits to run which might then lead to exposures very much closer to home...

Ultimately we're in the same situation regardless. An unsackable manager taking the club down.

I think comparing the two is vile personally.

I've nothing against Bowyer on a personal level, he's probably a really nice chap, but to play devil's advocate for a moment Kean walked or was needled out by Singh after just one defeat with us still in the top 3 in the Champuonship I think. They might be completely different characters but you might be excused for arguing that in terms of results GB is getting way more leeway than Kean.

When was the last time Bowyer went to India ?

Summer last year, or did I miss a visit ?

Sadly it says to me they are quite comfortable and happy with these lot so they're leaving them to it. The finance bloke went over then we sold 10 mill worth of players so it seems that's the way it'll be done from now on. Expect him to go again in December :(

Never went, but by all accounts we played well.

Problem is , its another game without a win, at some point Myers and Shaw need to recommend his removal.

Its a results business and as our current board , they are as bad if they continue to take their pay cheques without taking action.

Its time they earnt their wages , manned up and did the right thing by the club

Agree with Jbizzle and philipl. Hard to compare the two in anyway. I think some gave forgotten just how toxic the drunkard actually was.

Bowyer's comments for me are water off a ducks back. I stopped listening ages ago. Results are all that I'm interested in they are not good enough. He can't organise our defence and has to go.

Think we've got to remember it's the words of a floundering manager trying to detract from the obvious flaws of his team and covering his back to hold onto the job. He does now dress things up in the media aimed at Pune but learnt that from observing the crooked master.

Not defending it as I think it stinks but Berg / Appleton would eventually have done the same as will any puppet they employ. People at Rovers these days know that's the way to slither around these lot. Just another symptom of their rank tenure.

I've nothing against Bowyer on a personal level, he's probably a really nice chap, but to play devil's advocate for a moment Kean walked or was needled out by Singh after just one defeat with us still in the top 3 in the Champuonship I think. They might be completely different characters but you might be excused for arguing that in terms of results GB is getting way more leeway than Kean.

GB will get the kind of leeway that Kean got when he's taken us down a division and he's still only removed or resigns after 3 games in.

Whilst I agree on time being almost or ultimately up for not delivering the necessary goods, I still don't see how he could be compared on the whole. Yes, you will find similarities in ways they have failed or things that they have said, but their overall legacy is currently poles apart IMO.

Kean generated anger and frustration. Bowyer generates apathy and despair.

The only real comparison is two coaches totally out of their depth in management who won't resign, and owners who won't act. But that is enough for me.

The difference is who their agents are - although I'm not actually sure who represents Bowyer - and their 'likeability'.

Problem is , its another game without a win, at some point Myers and Shaw need to recommend his removal.

Why would they do that? There's apparently no pressure on them from above. Their bosses are based a world away with at best a perfunctory interest in the running of the club, and don't seem to care about results or glory as long as we manage to make a few bob on players. No one's going to rock the boat if they can get away with the status quo.

Kean generated anger and frustration. Bowyer generates apathy and despair.

The only real comparison is two coaches totally out of their depth in management who won't resign, and owners who won't act. But that is enough for me.

The difference is who their agents are - although I'm not actually sure who represents Bowyer - and their 'likeability'.

I can't say I've only ever had despair and apathy since GB took over. At times frustrated, generally satisfied with performances but always underwhelmed with results and league positions.

Kean only ever generated fear, anger, hysteria, paranoi and self destruction for me.

Perhaps, in some cases- those views of abject comparison are jaded by just how bad that man was for the club and the chalice of manager.

I also don't think I would resign personally either, I think it's quite a strange thing to criticise anyone for. If he didn't have confidence in his abilities, he shouldn't have taken the job!

If you think the differences are solely in agency - I'd advise a night in with the 2010-13 DVD and then the 2013-present one.

Might take some patience that...

The only comparison to be drawn is they're both coaches, cheap to bring in and out of their depth. The rat ended up costing Venkys millions in the longer term and they deserved it, let's hope he chokes on his caviar.

Any other comparison is just laughable, people have short memories.

Archived