Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

The point is that by using profits from sale of players to finance the club it means Venky's have to put less into the club to finance the losses.

As we saw with Kean her brothers did not take her on when she blindly refused to sack him, you have to understand they are a very tight knit family and they are quite unusual in terms of Indian society and culture in that most big business is male dominated but for Venky's everything goes via Mrs D, her brothers will never go against her and undermine her authority.

I am not making excuses from Venky's they are the worst thing to happen to Rovers in my lifetime and the best solution is that they leave.

well lets say nothing is untoward ( lol ) and Mrs D is the top honco or whatever you want to call her...Kean was a nasty piece of work but had the right people behind him ( lets just say that ) and when a certain sporting agency started to distance themselves from BRFC Keans interviews changed from his usual non sensical got into the oposition box x amout of times stuff to speaking as if addressing Mrs D directly and with her limited football inteligence he was playing a blinder ( cleverer than we gave him credit for ) of which GB is now doing the same but you have to remember GB has been in the background all the while so will have learnt from kean addressing mrs D ( again cleverer than he actually comes across football wise )..then we have the players last count 38 brought in by GB or supplied by a certain scouse agency if not directly indirectly so there follows a similar pattern

But in the meantime BRFC is losing millions and an ever increasing debt rising with the loss of parachute payments even the sale of another Gestede won't plug any income short fall so Mrs D must decide or listen to someone ( it wont be shaw or Myers ) that either you go all out for promotion and get a nice wedge by doing so if it comes off or you get rid of the club come May...

The club needs cleansing at owner level , executive level and football manager level a clean sweep is what's needed

The theory that any businesswoman could be remotely content with a 'plan' that involves losing £20 million per year but celebrating a few million in player sales from time to time is beyond belief. If she is content with losing such amounts and has no interest in promotion then why on earth does she want to keep the club? Why not just cut her losses and leave?

So Mrs Desai has no understanding of football, never goes to games, yet is quite happy to survive in the Championship in exchange for £20 million+ losses a year? Why? What's the point?

the sentences above sum it up about kamys theory
WHY

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I can see the point put by those who say Kamy's view on generating profits doesn't make financial sense there is an extension to this from Mrs D's view.

Currently we lose around £25m pa. A promotion drive is, IMO, going to cost at least another £25m plus wages. That would be a manager, manager's promotion bonus, transfer fees, signing on fees, agents fees etc. That's going to cost at least £25m and run the risk of being stuck with an expensive squad if the bid fails.

Mrs D may well be thinking of two alternatives:

£25m loss less player sales

OR

£25m loss plus £25m promotion costs plus increased wage bill for 2-3 years.

If the second option were to fail mid-table mediocrity plus a few bob from player sales must look quite attractive.

The Raos aren't stupid (we have to be realistic) someone will have crunched the numbers.

you couldnt fool a child with the statement the Raos arent stupid

The point is that by using profits from sale of players to finance the club it means Venky's have to put less into the club to finance the losses.

As we saw with Kean her brothers did not take her on when she blindly refused to sack him, you have to understand they are a very tight knit family and they are quite unusual in terms of Indian society and culture in that most big business is male dominated but for Venky's everything goes via Mrs D, her brothers will never go against her and undermine her authority.

I am not making excuses from Venky's they are the worst thing to happen to Rovers in my lifetime and the best solution is that they leave.

Ok then when in your opinion will they bail cos even with your theory no one can be mad enough to keep throwing millions down the drain each year on keeping a championship club afloat thousands of miles away.even if good old Gazza turns a few quid player profit

the Raos arent stupid.....ha ha best I've heard for awhile

Ok then when in your opinion will they bail cos even with your theory no one can be mad enough to keep throwing millions down the drain each year on keeping a championship club afloat thousands of miles away.even if good old Gazza turns a few quid player profit

While I can see the point put by those who say Kamy's view on generating profits doesn't make financial sense there is an extension to this from Mrs D's view.

Currently we lose around £25m pa. A promotion drive is, IMO, going to cost at least another £25m plus wages. That would be a manager, manager's promotion bonus, transfer fees, signing on fees, agents fees etc. That's going to cost at least £25m and run the risk of being stuck with an expensive squad if the bid fails.

Mrs D may well be thinking of two alternatives:

£25m loss less player sales

OR

£25m loss plus £25m promotion costs plus increased wage bill for 2-3 years.

If the second option were to fail mid-table mediocrity plus a few bob from player sales must look quite attractive.

The Raos aren't stupid (we have to be realistic) someone will have crunched the numbers.

On the other hand it's 100m minimum for finishing bottom next year plus you have a free global advertising vehicle so looked at in that light some might say it was a calculated risk or one worth taking.

I certainly can't see the attraction in not rolling the dice and losing 20m p.a. plus indefinitely. That's the best case scenario. I'd say we look only marginally less likely not to be relegated again under GB this time than to be relegated at present.

well lets say nothing is untoward ( lol ) and Mrs D is the top honco or whatever you want to call her...Kean was a nasty piece of work but had the right people behind him ( lets just say that ) and when a certain sporting agency started to distance themselves from BRFC Keans interviews changed from his usual non sensical got into the oposition box x amout of times stuff to speaking as if addressing Mrs D directly and with her limited football inteligence he was playing a blinder ( cleverer than we gave him credit for ) of which GB is now doing the same but you have to remember GB has been in the background all the while so will have learnt from kean addressing mrs D ( again cleverer than he actually comes across football wise )..then we have the players last count 38 brought in by GB or supplied by a certain scouse agency if not directly indirectly so there follows a similar pattern

But in the meantime BRFC is losing millions and an ever increasing debt rising with the loss of parachute payments even the sale of another Gestede won't plug any income short fall so Mrs D must decide or listen to someone ( it wont be shaw or Myers ) that either you go all out for promotion and get a nice wedge by doing so if it comes off or you get rid of the club come May...

The club needs cleansing at owner level , executive level and football manager level a clean sweep is what's needed

The theory that any businesswoman could be remotely content with a 'plan' that involves losing £20 million per year but celebrating a few million in player sales from time to time is beyond belief. If she is content with losing such amounts and has no interest in promotion then why on earth does she want to keep the club? Why not just cut her losses and leave?

So Mrs Desai has no understanding of football, never goes to games, yet is quite happy to survive in the Championship in exchange for £20 million+ losses a year? Why? What's the point?

the sentences above sum it up about kamys theory
WHY

The way they are now having it run is just a scaled down version of when they first came and that is the way they want it even if some are still profiting from it. Now it's just a scaled down version and probably far less corrupt but it's likely all nice and comfortable. That presents another problem like arse covering and not wanting to step out of any nice lucrative comfort zone and upset their little gravy train by trying some ambition.

That maybe the reason for them only making minimal contact because they are happy with Bowyer & their scouse mafia running the franchise now. We are truly stuck in neutral.

The way they are now having it run is just a scaled down version of when they first came and that is the way they want it even if some are still profiting from it. Now it's just a scaled down version and probably far less corrupt but it's likely all nice and comfortable. That presents another problem like arse covering and not wanting to step out of any nice lucrative comfort zone and upset their little gravy train by trying some ambition.

That maybe the reason for them only making minimal contact because they are happy with Bowyer & their scouse mafia running the franchise now. We are truly stuck in neutral.

Agreed, except we are actually in slow, boring reverse.

It's quite simple.

Only promotion offers them financial salvation. IMV, with the current crop of players and a decent manager, we would stand a chance.

Without promotion, they will have to continue to bankroll the losses; I reckon that's another £25million gone by the end of 2015/16 taking their squandered investment to about £150million.

The only other options are to give the club away, it's unsellable, walking away with nothing or to enter insolvency.

It really is a no brainer for anyone with a modicum of nous.

I certainly can't see the attraction in not rolling the dice and losing 20m p.a. plus indefinitely.

I hate the "rolling the dice" analogy. (Not aimed at you Rev). I guess the club's that are accused of doing that would simply argue they're doing their best to get out of their league. What should be acclaimed as a club doing its utmost to play at the very top, is downgraded to "rolling the dice" on here.

Difference between Rovers being a selling club back then in particular the Hughes years and now was that the team was competitive despite selling their best players and that we did manage to reinvest some of it. Even if Rovers did get out of a transfer embargo I can't see the owners willing to reinvest a big chunk of that money into players not with the level of underlying debt.

The further Rovers slide down the league the more pressure there will be to get another decent sale, and looking at the squad Rhodes is the last one. The manager hasn't generated increased player value across the squad, if Venky's really believe that they are fools.

As I have said previously at present Gary Bowyer is not fearful that he is about to lose his job despite what is being reported by some journos.

The main reason for this is that he retains the support of Mrs Desai. I am sure that the chuckle brothers would look to sack him and the people who advise them may have sounded out other managers, but the fact remains that they will never ever take on their sister, so while she says Gary stays then he will stay.

I think that the reason he retains her support is all down to him being the first manager in Venky's reign to generate a profit on money invested, this is a model that will appeal to her, as long as Rovers don't get relegated then I expect that she will be happy to let GB carry on as long as he continues to find hidden gems, develop them and generate a profit. The success of Tom Lawrence (even though he is not our player) will reinforce Gary's position with Mrs Desai hence why he has been lauding Lawrence's performances over the last few weeks.

Has Lawrence really been that great? From what I've seen he's been decent but is it a case of GB talking directly to the owners via the media. If he says he's great than they believe him despite the evidence of his performances.

I hate the "rolling the dice" analogy. (Not aimed at you Rev). I guess the club's that are accused of doing that would simply argue they're doing their best to get out of their league. What should be acclaimed as a club doing its utmost to play at the very top, is downgraded to "rolling the dice" on here.

They've not made 1 decent appointment den. They have no credible football people around them, they're not interested in the finance or future of the club in my opinion.

So they're very much rolling the dice, gambling, with a zero success rate so far.

People say it can't get any worse, well it can, a whole lot worse.

They've not made 1 decent appointment den. They have no credible football people around them, they're not interested in the finance or future of the club in my opinion.

So in my opinion they're very much rolling the dice, gambling, with a zero success rate so far.

What do you think their endgame is, GAV?

What do you think their endgame is, GAV?

I've lost far to much sleep thinking about that Topman, I hate to say it but I simply have no idea, it's a cr@p answer I know but I haven't got a clue what they're doing and it wouldn't surprise me if they don't know either.

Any managerial appointment represents a gamble or an element of risk den. The higher profile or more experienced the appointee the less the gamble is on the face of it.

That's all I meant. I can't see any viable alternative but to get rid of Bowyer. We're clearly regressing under him and he should have gone in January last season if not before imo. So "it's roll the dice" so to speak and hope we come across a Gary Rowett or stick with Bowyer and face further inevitable decline imo.

Has Lawrence really been that great? From what I've seen he's been decent but is it a case of GB talking directly to the owners via the media. If he says he's great than they believe him despite the evidence of his performances.

I was thinking that. Some of his overall play has been very good but his finishing has been atrocious at times and arguably he cost us the 3 points with an appalling miss against the Dingles. Had his finishing been ok Id agree with GB but at the moment Id say "Signs of promise but must do better" (In terms of finishing)

So they're very much rolling the dice, gambling, with a zero success rate so far.

People say it can't get any worse, well it can, a whole lot worse.

It can always get worse Gav. Next.............?

Any managerial appointment represents a gamble or an element of risk den. The higher profile or more experienced the appointee the less the gamble is on the face of it.

That's all I meant. I can't see any viable alternative but to get rid of Bowyer. We're clearly regressing under him and he should have gone in January last season if not before imo. So "it's roll the dice" so to speak and hope we come across a Gary Rowett or stick with Bowyer and face further inevitable decline imo.

I agree with you Simon, that's why I said it's not aimed at you.

Owners Plan

• The short term plan - is to comply with FFP and lift the embargo
  • The medium term plan - to balance the books through sustainable salaries and player trading,
  • The long term plan - Hopefully find a 'gem' or two via player recruitment give us a shot at the big league (cash out/start again). If not maintain current stability, balance the books.

BRFCC Message board plan for the owners

• The short term plan- Ignore FFP, lawyer up, only idiots can't get around it, sack the manager. Ride out Christmas.
  • The medium term plan - Recruit top manager willing to work for peanuts and spend copious amounts of cash on top name players
  • The long term plan - Premier league or administration, if premier league spend excessively to stay. Forget about the owners. If administration, great finally rid of venky's, time to celebrate.

And yes it's a wind up... as unappealing and championship mid table mediocrity it is stability from where we came. I don't quite crave rolling the dice as much as some but we might be able to do better in the manager market.

Archived