Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

Well Singh was tweeting recently that Bowyer was safe unless we got relegated and I think he's well aware of that as is everyone else. Hence the non urgency around the place which will carry on all season unless some big penny finally drops in Pune. No reason whatsoever to think this scenario won't pan out like the Cumbernauld clown one. Might just drag on for a season or two longer.

Hopefully Gaz is ambitious and clever enough to realise this stint is unlikely to end well so he's applying for other jobs. Just need a club to take a punt on him but then again the loons would probably slap a new bumper contract infront of him. If he's not already had one that is !

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Singh was tweeting recently that Bowyer was safe unless we got relegated and I think he's well aware of that as is everyone else. Hence the non urgency around the place which will carry on all season unless some big penny finally drops in Pune. No reason whatsoever to think this scenario won't pan out like the Cumbernauld clown one. Might just drag on for a season or two longer.

Hopefully Gaz is ambitious and clever enough to realise this stint is unlikely to end well so he's applying for other jobs. Just need a club to take a punt on him but then again the loons would probably slap a new bumper contract infront of him. If he's not already had one that is !

Why would you apply for other jobs, if you are safe unless you get relegated? Imagine if you had the same relative wage structure of Spurs (i.e. One of the top payers in the PL), but only had to fend off Bournemouth, Norwich etc... Job for life.

Why would you apply for other jobs, if you are safe unless you get relegated? Imagine if you had the same relative wage structure of Spurs (i.e. One of the top payers in the PL), but only had to fend off Bournemouth, Norwich etc... Job for life.

True but rumours have circulated that he's expressed an interest in a few other jobs. Like I said it would only be a burning ambition that would drive him to it , nothing else. As you say though it's probably a cushty job for life and if not well there is the pay off not play offs angle.

It's really simple, especially if you're a billionaire.

Get Moyes in, 5m bonus if he gets us up in the next 2 seasons, state your intentions in The Telegraph with an acknowledgment you've fooked up, ask the fans to come back, we're all in this together and let's get the show back on the road.

Dead easy.

As expected, Bowyer is still here. There must come a point where I log on and he's gone. In the meantime it's the hope that is keeping me going

Log on after next may if the owners bail whoever takes over will surely pot the three Stoogies

It's really simple, especially if you're a billionaire.

Get Moyes in, 5m bonus if he gets us up in the next 2 seasons, state your intentions in The Telegraph with an acknowledgment you've fooked up, ask the fans to come back, we're all in this together and let's get the show back on the road.

Dead easy.

...and it's good publicity for them which is surely what owning us is all about. Having a high profile gaffer and doing something positive for once will help get the club and their name back in the spotlight for the right reasons. No guarantee of success of course but giving it a try would certainly reboot the club a bit.

Makes you wonder who is still actually running this franchise for them as from their business point of view it's a no brainer, unless they want to keep their share price low of course :rock:

As I have said previously at present Gary Bowyer is not fearful that he is about to lose his job despite what is being reported by some journos.

The main reason for this is that he retains the support of Mrs Desai. I am sure that the chuckle brothers would look to sack him and the people who advise them may have sounded out other managers, but the fact remains that they will never ever take on their sister, so while she says Gary stays then he will stay.

I think that the reason he retains her support is all down to him being the first manager in Venky's reign to generate a profit on money invested, this is a model that will appeal to her, as long as Rovers don't get relegated then I expect that she will be happy to let GB carry on as long as he continues to find hidden gems, develop them and generate a profit. The success of Tom Lawrence (even though he is not our player) will reinforce Gary's position with Mrs Desai hence why he has been lauding Lawrence's performances over the last few weeks.

As I have said previously at present Gary Bowyer is not fearful that he is about to lose his job despite what is being reported by some journos.

The main reason for this is that he retains the support of Mrs Desai. I am sure that the chuckle brothers would look to sack him and the people who advise them may have sounded out other managers, but the fact remains that they will never ever take on their sister, so while she says Gary stays then he will stay.

I think that the reason he retains her support is all down to him being the first manager in Venky's reign to generate a profit on money invested, this is a model that will appeal to her, as long as Rovers don't get relegated then I expect that she will be happy to let GB carry on as long as he continues to find hidden gems, develop them and generate a profit. The success of Tom Lawrence (even though he is not our player) will reinforce Gary's position with Mrs Desai hence why he has been lauding Lawrence's performances over the last few weeks.

So how much money has Gary made on the 36 players hes allegedly signed so far or is the profit been paid out by Blackburn Rovers football club purely through the signatures of these players alone?

Whats in it for the supporters ?

Thanks for the update Kamy. What is still odd is the fact they she does not seem to understand the riches that would come from promotion would far outweigh the odd player sale here and there. Has anyone really tried to get that point across to her? Also hanging around the bottom of the championship does not bode well for player values.

All this plus the fact that most people I speak to are disillusioned and will not renew next season, less income.

It's a big week this week in India as they have lots of festivals so would not expect anything this week anyway.

Thanks for the update Kamy. What is still odd is the fact they she does not seem to understand the riches that would come from promotion would far outweigh the odd player sale here and there. Has anyone really tried to get that point across to her? Also hanging around the bottom of the championship does not bode well for player values.

All this plus the fact that most people I speak to are disillusioned and will not renew next season, less income.

It's a big week this week in India as they have lots of festivals so would not expect anything this week anyway.

She knows very little about football, I expect that she has been told by those at Ewood and Gary that promotion is unrealistic given that transfer embargo, which would make sense given that almost everything coming out of Ewood seems to carry the same embargo making things very tough message.

• Moderation Lead

To me, this viewpoint only carries weight if you ignore the gigantic losses.....(Unless I'm going mad, which isn't completely unfeasible!)

She knows very little about football, I expect that she has been told by those at Ewood and Gary that promotion is unrealistic given that transfer embargo, which would make sense given that almost everything coming out of Ewood seems to carry the same embargo making things very tough message.

Thanks Kamy and that then is the problem for the forseable future. Unless someone she trusts can put Her straight on the matter we are all in limbo land unless Gary suddenly turns into a winner.

I talk to lots of people from India and the Pune area so I always ask 'do you know the Venkys' just on the off chance!

Yet she hasn't got the brains to realise that she is creating a vicious circle. Parachute money over, crowds and corporate revenue dwindling and set to slide even further next season unless there is a big shot in the arm for the club.

All this means he needs to generate more profits on players yet let's be right about this we've got one really big saleable asset and that's it. They'd have to sell Marshall & Hanley together to get the next 5 or 6 mill wad of cash in. Naff all after that the rest are just peanuts in value terms.

• Backroom

And this is exactly why his quotes get picked up and scrutinised. Just like Kean, he's using interviews to talk directly to Desai, not the fans.

The model is blatantly unsustainable with a poor manager and dwindling attendances.

We will probably stay up this season but I think it could be a real possibility next season.

Desai is slowly killing the club.

And this is exactly why his quotes get picked up and scrutinised. Just like Kean, he's using interviews to talk directly to Desai, not the fans.

The same stuff has been attributed to Marshall when playing at right back basically putting him in the shop window.

Archived