Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So out of 118 voters, 115 voters vote for his removal... I don't care one jot about this poll 'not representing the fan base' argument... They're likely all to be Rovers fans with the exception of Longsiders.

That cannot be ignored.

Bowyer Out

Let's not criticise nor hound the 3 who voted for GB please. Whilst I may disagree with them their views are welcome and they free to take such a choice.

We don't want to get like a certain political party in the 1980's and possibly in 2015 where those in the middle and the right are treated with contempt.

Let's not criticise nor hound the 3 who voted for GB please. Whilst I may disagree with them their views are welcome and they free to take such a choice.

We don't want to get like a certain political party in the 1980's and possibly in 2015 where those in the middle and the right are treated with contempt.

I'm actually quite envious of them. Must be great to have such faith given our current position.

I don't think you can take a poll of under 150 to be truly representative, even if it is around 1% of the fans. Statistical analysis is all about number of samples, and I'd say for a blind poll of a fan base of circa 20k you'd want over five hundred samples.

To bring the number of samples down you'd need more info on the responders - particularly how many games they have attended, and if they supported Bowyer 6 months ago, etc - to get a notion of approximate figures.

Not for one minute do I believe only 1% of supporters outside this site want to keep Bowyer.

That said I do think the tide has now turned. The majority want him chopped.

I've voted 'Yes'. First time that I've really gone with the Bowyer out stance (mainly due to concerns of the next appointment) but with the 7 fixtures coming up that I listed in the other thread I can see us being dead last by 1st November. He's done a good job in bringing some modicum of sense to Brockhall, but sadly I can't see him turning this one around.

We need a no-nonsense manager who knows how to set up a team to be difficult to beat, not effectively starting a goal down in 9/10 games we play.

If we do pot him then who's next..... I absolutely dread to think. I don't think anyone on this messageboard would argue that there are better managers than Gary Bowyer out there. The problem is 1. Would Venkys carry out an effective managerial search to find that correct candidate, 2. Would said candidates want to walk in to this basket case of a club?

Will add that if he does go then I won't hold a grudge against him like most on here. I think he's done the best he could and has genuinely wanted this club to be a success. Comparisons of him and Kean are absolutely ludicrous in my opinion.

I've voted 'Yes'. First time that I've really gone with the Bowyer out stance but with the 7 fixtures coming up that I listed in the other thread I can see us being dead last by 1st November. He's done a good job in bringing some modicum of sense to Brockhall, but sadly I can't see him turning this one around.

We need a no-nonsense manager who knows how to set up a team to be difficult to beat, not effectively starting a goal down in 9/10 games we play.

If we do pot him then who's next..... I absolutely dread to think.

I can understand this. With these idiots in charge you wonder what crazy choice will they make next. As others have said before, we've ended up like an abused partner.

Which fence?

There won't be any grudge against Bowyer because he hasn't done anything to cancel out the good of his last caretaker stint....yet.

There's an awful lot of animosity towards him Shaun. People have already forgotten some of the good work he has done at the club.

68-2... so who are the 2 that voted against sacking him?

Does it matter?

The Corbynator's gonna get ya! ;)

There's an awful lot of animosity towards him Shaun. People have already forgotten some of the good work he has done at the club.

It's there deep down. But the longer this goes on and the worse it gets the more it will be forgotten and possibly deservedly so depending on the level we fall to.

On the vote. I agree. Free the Bowyer In Three. Leaders not followers. Being left field is not a crime. Embrace differences!

It borders on mean-spirited hatred at times from some on here. Bowyer's time should probably be up but the comparisons with Kean are quite frankly @#/?.

I haven't voted because i feel he's done enough good for the club to deserve at bit more respect than that, but i honestly can't say i'm happy with the team performances or results. The major worry is seeing Craig Short being unvelied as his replacement and not someone like Pearson, or an up-and-comer like Rowett

Archived