Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gary Bowyer

Tom

Gary Bowyer  

314 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gary Bowyer be sacked as Blackburn Rovers manager

• Yes
    • No

He needs to go and the sooner the better. Does our embargo have any factor on paying a managers wages? Get somebody like Pearson in on a decent wage.

Another question I have is could one of Venkys other companies sponsor anything Rovers related, like the training ground or something. And that "big" sponsorship deal enable the embargo to be lifted without the need to sell Rhodes?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it's 44-0 now but I must say I think the MB is deeply unrepresentative of the fan base. Used not to be the case but I do feel it is today.

While I've felt a tension in the ground, and thought a poor display against Bolton would spark protest, I'm not sure anything will happen.

A loss to QPR and an appalling performance against Charlton might be enough but I'm beginning to wonder if the majority have given up. Resigned to what we have.

It really doesn't matter what happens this Wednesday or Saturday. Doesn't change the fact that a huge number of fans now believe that Bowyer isn't the man to take us forward. He's been at it for close on three years now and he's still as far out of his depth as he was when he first started.

As for this MB being representative or otherwise, the GE exit poll was based upon a sample size of just 0.45% of 30+million and proved unerringly accurate. A similar sample size of Rovers' average gate of 13,000 is about 60 so I would suggest that this poll is very much representative of what the fans feel. I came across a number of Rovers fans this weekend including those who still go and those who have given up the ghost and all bar none thought it was time for Bowyer to go.

It is also the only way we can have a collective view. Mind you the Labour leadership campaign was hardly representative.......perhaps we could charge Burnley/Preston/Bolton fans a £1 to vote !

Which reminds me, I must have a browse of the Politics thread on ICBINF - should make for interesting reading! "Old Labour ft Heavily Communist Policies" doesn't really have the same ring to it as "New Labour" did .

• Backroom

Well it's 44-0 now but I must say I think the MB is deeply unrepresentative of the fan base. Used not to be the case but I do feel it is today.

While I've felt a tension in the ground, and thought a poor display against Bolton would spark protest, I'm not sure anything will happen.

A loss to QPR and an appalling performance against Charlton might be enough but I'm beginning to wonder if the majority have given up. Resigned to what we have.

True but walking down the steps of the family stand against Bolton the views were apparent. Time to go seemed to be the discussions had all round.

Like I said I could be completely wrong on this one but historically things like these leak from Pune and since the Bolton game the line from Pune is very much no sacking imminent.

TBF a senior guy at Venky's HQ who I talk to regularly is under the impression that majority of fans don't want Gary out, the basis of his argument is that there has been no major unrest at games (ala what happened with Kean Out). You have to remember these guys are very uneducated about the game and there reference point for supporter unrest is what happened with Kean.

That just sounds like a lame excuse as since when have they cared what the fans want and as someone has already pointed out the fans wanted Kean out but they took no notice.

TBF a senior guy at Venky's HQ who I talk to regularly is under the impression that majority of fans don't want Gary out, the basis of his argument is that there has been no major unrest at games (ala what happened with Kean Out). You have to remember these guys are very uneducated about the game and there reference point for supporter unrest is what happened with Kean.

If that's the case, we are doomed and there is little home.

Then it's time to pull the pin on the grenade, at home to Charlton.

If that's the case, we are doomed and there is little home.

Then it's time to pull the pin on the grenade, at home to Charlton.

so what does Derek Shaw exactly do? send people fake attendance figures, based on season ticket sales on match days when they haven't attended? Because, back in the day, John Williams would pull the trigger and not have to fly over to Jersey to get an answer on whether he can or cant sack the manager

so what does Derek Shaw exactly do? send people fake attendance figures, based on season ticket sales on match days when they haven't attended? Because, back in the day, John Williams would pull the trigger and not have to fly over to Jersey to get an answer on whether he can or cant sack the manager

The time has come for Shaw to feel the heat from the stands.

It is also the only way we can have a collective view. Mind you the Labour leadership campaign was hardly representative.......perhaps we could charge Burnley/Preston/Bolton fans a £1 to vote !

Bunkum!

The fans on a match day are the true test, against Wigan when we went down, the stadium was united in its anti Venky/anti **** feeling, thats a true test, not on here.

Labour leadership had around 420k voters out of 550k eligible voters, fantastic turn out and a landslide win, democracy at its best even if you don't agree with the outcome.

This site represents less than 1% of the fanbase, that needs pointing out because some think it speaks for the majority, it doesn't.

The vast majority of fans on a match day won't call for his head just yet, but its coming if he doesn't start winning soon, and I think thats right, he's trying his best but is out of his depth.

I don't feel anger towards the man at all, I could have done time over king rat quite easily, big difference.

1% of the fan base !

That would mean the fan base is around 886400,

not bad for a relegation bound 2nd tier football club

Bunkum!

The fans on a match day are the true test, against Wigan when we went down, the stadium was united in its anti Venky/anti **** feeling

My sad recollection of the Kean vs Bolton night also was feeling just as angry at the 80% who weren't angry and letting their feelings be known.

Just not enough people are comfortable with letting their feelings out in public

I would agree that this site isn't representative.

Social media rarely is, politics is a fine example of that.

The kind of fan that seeks out a forum like this and avidly reads and/or posts once, twice, twenty times a day isn't representative of the fan that just turns up once a fortnight and maybe reads the back page of the Telegraph.

I would agree that this site isn't representative.

Social media rarely is, politics is a fine example of that.

The kind of fan that seeks out a forum like this and avidly reads and/or posts once, twice, twenty times a day isn't representative of the fan that just turns up once a fortnight and maybe reads the back page of the Telegraph.

Except when they are the same fan

so what happens now? are fans going to wait a few more games, or is the pressure going to be put on Bowyer and Shaw? Honestly, i dont think we can afford waiting a few more games to see what happens, becuase its time Bowyer and Shaw pack their bags and depart the club

1% of the fan base !

That would mean the fan base is around 886400,

not bad for a relegation bound 2nd tier football club

Bit of maths, whats 1% of 20000?

My sad recollection of the Kean vs Bolton night also was feeling just as angry at the 80% who weren't angry and letting their feelings be known.

Just not enough people are comfortable with letting their feelings out in public

I think you're memory is playing tricks on you Shaun, half way through the second half the ground was united in its condemnation of Venkys and ****.

Archived