BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Medical Team

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think where Lowe is concerned the manager puts so much misplaced faith in having him in the team that he's been rushed back too quickly before. Hope they get it sorted this time although Jason himself needn't worry his place in the side is secure, also another 'out' card for Gaz "we are missing Loweys energy and ability to sniff out danger" etc etc.

On a plus side for us of course is we might see some football played in midfield again before Dec.

So now reported Lowe needs yet another operation and is out until Christmas.

How good are our medics ?

Heads need to roll.

noticed you didn't reply to my post about the how many coaches team have?

it all depends what the problem is with Lowe and why he needed another operation? we need to know the answers to these before we start calling for people heads to roll. just like the coaching staff point you make about making some redundant before even knowing what each of them does

Lowe needs a second operation on the foot injury he had last season - was he brought back too early?

Guthrie, not the fastest sprinter on 2 legs, goes down with a hamstring pull after 8 minutes.

Lawrence a 21 year old youngster and hardly over worked by previous games gets cramp after 80 minutes.

Questions about 'fitness & conditioning''? most certainly.

Rugby is for sado-masochists. When great big meat heads are just running into each other in the name of sport risking serious injuries, it begs the question, 'why?' It can only be because they get a thrill out of pain.

Lowe needs a second operation on the foot injury he had last season - was he brought back too early?

Guthrie, not the fastest sprinter on 2 legs, goes down with a hamstring pull after 8 minutes.

Lawrence a 21 year old youngster and hardly over worked by previous games gets cramp after 80 minutes.

Remember during the bad run last season GB was bemoaning the loss of Lowey constantly so I reckon they rushed him back. Maybe the lad himself was a bit over eager and declared himself fit because he broke down again pretty quick. You'd think the medical staff have to take at least a bit of responsibility for it if they didn't demand the correct time out for it to heal beyond doubt.

I've played on a few proper pitches quite a few times like Ewood and The Reebok...I suggest a few of you have a go yourself. They are miles bigger and faster than a park pitch. You'll soon get an idea of how fit these pros are.

Not really. 2 18 stone rugby players smashing into each other is bound to produce an injury or 2 from time to time. A 12 stone football player straining his calf running for the ball (for example) is more likely to be caused by lack of fitness or preparation. There's a massive difference in the likely causes and blame in the 2 situations. Not that I'm blaming our staff, because I'm not a medical professional, as I assume you're not, but you can't seriously be comparing the type of injury the Welsh Rugby players got tonight with our player's minor strains and knocks?

Liverpool have 4 actually.

Rodgers as manager, O'Driscoll as number 2,McAllister and Lijnders as 1st team coaches

Arsenal have 4 aswell

Wenger as manager, Bould as number 2, Primorac and Banfield as 1st team coaches

And Chelsea have 4 as duvulsuker as stated before hand

as I have previously said that Liverpool use 4. Chelsea and Arsenal do aswell

Chaddy do those clubs have a embargo? do they get gates of under 15k? are they not in European comps?Is it a surprise when they get on skyem?

Wait on we have the V's to bail us out.

Not really. 2 18 stone rugby players smashing into each other is bound to produce an injury or 2 from time to time. A 12 stone football player straining his calf running for the ball (for example) is more likely to be caused by lack of fitness or preparation. There's a massive difference in the likely causes and blame in the 2 situations. Not that I'm blaming our staff, because I'm not a medical professional, as I assume you're not, but you can't seriously be comparing the type of injury the Welsh Rugby players got tonight with our player's minor strains and knocks?

My point is that Mercerman shouldn't use Lowe needing an operation on his foot as a reason to call for our medical team to be sacked.

So now reported Lowe needs yet another operation and is out until Christmas.

How good are our medics ?

Heads need to roll.

Chaddy do those clubs have a embargo? do they get gates of under 15k? are they not in European comps?Is it a surprise when they get on skyem?

If the owners slashed the medical budget and made staff redundant do you think that there may be wailing and gnashing of teeth on here?

Manchester City (Pellegrini, Fuse & Kidd) Manchester United (LVG, Giggs & Stuivenberg) and Liverpool (Rogers, O'Driscoll & McAllister) all have three compared to Rovers four. Says it all for me.

It would wouldn't it. How long did it take you to find those? teams with 3 only.

Actually I checked your numbers are off. Liverpool show 4 plus Rogers. Vangaal brought 4 with him plus Giggs. Pelegrini hand picked 3 plus Kidd so MM what's your point really.

noticed you didn't reply to my post about the how many coaches team have?

it all depends what the problem is with Lowe and why he needed another operation? we need to know the answers to these before we start calling for people heads to roll. just like the coaching staff point you make about making some redundant before even knowing what each of them does

Noted, as usual he switched gears, probably into reverse.

MM your bait and switch getting old.

How much Football has Tom Lawrence had in pre season for Leicester? is he match fit? was he match fit before he came here from Lawrence?

He has had 3 subs appearances for us before yesterday game. I think his totally game time for us before yesterday game is around 25 minutes

I suggest you look at the list provided by myself into the number of coaches by some championship team like Brentford, Hull, Sheff Wed and Cardiff

Also the embargo isn't about the number of coaches you can have.

How much Football has Tom Lawrence had in pre season for Leicester? is he match fit? was he match fit before he came here from Lawrence?

He has had 3 subs appearances for us before yesterday game. I think his totally game time for us before yesterday game is around 25 minutes

I was assuming that the squadron of medical staff at Rovers were sufficient to make sure that players are fit before they play. Obviously I am mistaken.

Surely he had a full pre-season at Leicester and Rovers.

They do fitness and conditioning training at Rovers don't they.

I was assuming that the squadron of medical staff at Rovers were sufficient to make sure that players are fit before they play. Obviously I am mistaken.

Surely he had a full pre-season at Leicester and Rovers.

They do fitness and conditioning training at Rovers don't they.

But players need match fitness aswell. Lawrence will be fit but lacking that Match fitness and sharpness

How much of Leicester pre season did he play in? In terms of game time?

But players need match fitness aswell. Lawrence will be fit but lacking that Match fitness and sharpness

How much of Leicester pre season did he play in? In terms of game time?

Excuses, they are professional football players, they should keep fit during the close season as well, it's not like they are rushed off their feet is it.

Excuses, they are professional football players, they should keep fit during the close season as well, it's not like they are rushed off their feet is it.

In fairness they do get sent away with fitness programmes these days. They will come back to pre season in reasonable condition but not match fitness.

It would wouldn't it. How long did it take you to find those? teams with 3 only.

Actually I checked your numbers are off. Liverpool show 4 plus Rogers. Vangaal brought 4 with him plus Giggs. Pelegrini hand picked 3 plus Kidd so MM what's your point really.

You have to compare like with like.

I am talking about the coaching side and not psychologists, fitness gurus etc. My point remains valid.

You have to compare like with like.

I am talking about the coaching side and not psychologists, fitness gurus etc. My point remains valid.

But like I proved Liverpool, Arsenal and even some teams in this league have 3 coaches(even more) plus the manager and thats NOT including GK coaches or Fitness coaches

I even LISTED them who the teams and coaches were yesterday.

But like I proved Liverpool, Arsenal and even some teams in this league have 3 coaches(even more) plus the manager and thats NOT including GK coaches or Fitness coaches

I even LISTED them who the teams and coaches were yesterday.

But the two Manchester clubs don't and arguably, they've been the most successful domestic clubs in recent times.

Archived