Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford At Home 7.11.2015

This is a trick question ?

2 draws = 2 points

1 win = 3 points

Team with most points gets promoted.

Yes it must be a trick question...

Go on... ;-)

The point being the way we set up and play sometimes implies we want the latter. Not losing appears more important than winning.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point being the way we set up and play sometimes implies we want the latter. Not losing appears more important than winning.

Yes I know what you meant pal :-)

The point being we probably agree.

To a proper manager, going for a win at home to Brentford is the only possible answer.

I don't believe they have depth and I desperately want a good manager who will get the best out of what we have. That's the point I've been trying to hammer - that i think that is Bowyer's biggest failing. I never said it would guarantee promotion, just that we need someone to actually get us up there amongst those teams - I think during his entire tenure we have spent a day or something in a play off position haven't we? Not nearly good enough when you had two 20 goals + strikers at your disposal.

It is hard to get out of the league, but I believe we can do it with a better manager. I also don't think that it's a league that you need to buy your way out of, more a case of belief, effort and organisation. Elements that I don't think he instills into our team ethic and countless abject performances and excuses evidence.

I certainly feel Bowyer has had enough of an opportunity to prove that he is the man to take us forward but we're miles off and over a third into the season we are flirting with the bottom three, on merit.

I understand the fear involved for those who are against a change of manager - the last truly decent appointment was in 2008. But the flip side, didn't this same board appoint Bowyer and get that right for the short/medium term of the club? We need to see what they are made of now and they need to show some brains, balls and belief in regards to the future of Blackburn Rovers.

That's fair enough and I can see some of your points, and honestly I can see your point of view.

The cretins appointing Bowyer is another one of their none decisions really. He was at the club and cheap. If it happened now they would appoint Eric Kinder.

My worry is the venom and anger gets directed at Bowyer, if it comes.

I can guarantee you 100 percent they won't show any brains or balls. They will hide, be silent and carry on making bad decision after bad decision.

That's fair enough and I can see some of your points, and honestly I can see your point of view.

The cretins appointing Bowyer is another one of their none decisions really. He was at the club and cheap. If it happened now they would appoint Eric Kinder.

I can guarantee you 100 percent they won't show any brains or balls. They will hide, be silent and carry on making bad decision after bad decision.

On the face of it, this would be the first time that Shaw would have sole jurisdiction over finding a replacement.

On the face of it, this would be the first time that Shaw would have sole jurisdiction over finding a replacement.

The battle axe will stick her oar in. Why wouldn't she? She knows nothing about football so it makes perfect sense that she makes footballing decisions.

You really think Shaw would choose our next manager?

Shaw will appoint who the owners/owners advisors tell him to and he is there to sort out the paperwork/admin side of the club

• Backroom

I honestly don't think anything like that will happen. Not enough people attending who have that kind of mindset. I think any anger towards Bowyer will be confined to mumbled irritation as supporters leave the ground, and harsh words on message boards/twitter/facebook.

Again, although we can't predict the future, history well and truly supports that view and I understand that stance.

It just seems that in some odd way, some fans totally and utterly absolve the manager of any blame come match day. Refs fault, players fault, weather's fault, Lady Luck's fault, game in midweek's fault, average opposition are brilliant etc. I can't buy in to that at all and frankly, I feel like stuffing a programme down his windpipe when he chirps up.

He is being paid very well for his role and like the 91 other teams, he needs to produce the goods and be accountable - regardless of who the owners are or how nice he is. I disagree with someone who said he won't get another job, he will easily. He made us into something mundane from a hell of a lot of madness. We desperately needed thst at the time, It's just that his shelf life is approaching or passed in his role here.

I honestly don't think anything like that will happen. Not enough people attending who have that kind of mindset. I think any anger towards Bowyer will be confined to mumbled irritation as supporters leave the ground, and harsh words on message boards/twitter/facebook.

If we reach a point when he would normally get sacked and he doesn't then I think he will.

Hopefully it doesn't come to that but we are not going to get stronger in Jan, probably weaker.

You really think Shaw would choose our next manager?

Shaw will appoint who the owners/owners advisors tell him to and he is there to sort out the paperwork/admin side of the club

Who chose Berg? Who chose Appleton? Who interviewed Holloway? Who spoke to Sherwood?

Who chose Berg? Who chose Appleton? Who interviewed Holloway? Who spoke to Sherwood?

Berg was picked By Shebby, Shaw and Agnew

Appleton picked by the owners.

Didnt Shaw and Shebby interview Holloway and didnt someone walk out of the meeting?

Dont know who spoke to Sherwood. Did anyone speak to him?

Again, although we can't predict the future, history well and truly supports that view and I understand that stance.

It just seems that in some odd way, some fans totally and utterly absolve the manager of any blame come match day. Refs fault, players fault, weather's fault, Lady Luck's fault, game in midweek's fault, average opposition are brilliant etc. I can't buy in to that at all and frankly, I feel like stuffing a programme down his windpipe when he chirps up.

He is being paid very well for his role and like the 91 other teams, he needs to produce the goods and be accountable - regardless of who the owners are or how nice he is. I disagree with someone who said he won't get another job, he will easily. He made us into something mundane from a hell of a lot of madness. We desperately needed thst at the time, It's just that his shelf life is approaching or passed in his role here.

I would say i am one of those in the middle. Can see why people want him out but would stick with him due to he circumstances that Gav described well earlier.

I don't listen to any post match stuff but did just read he said we were poor yesterday.

I would say people are not absolving him of blame on match day but sadly it's not the only thing that matters anymore. We were a club for a few years where the main show was off the pitch.

We can't progress on the pitch with the current ownership.

Didnt Shaw and Shebby interview Holloway and didnt someone walk out of the meeting?

Could somebody tweet Tim and ask who if anyone spoke to him? :-)

Who walked out of the Holloway meeting?

How did that happen. He was a virtual unknown.

Who are the owners advisors I see mentioned on here?

Wasn't the story that it was Shaw and Shebby who interviewed Sherwood and he walked out?

If Tim was in a room with Shelfy and Shyster he did the right thing to walk out with his morals intact.

The point is that those on the ground at Ewood do (or did) have influence over managerial choices. Contrary to your post.

I would say i am one of those in the middle. Can see why people want him out but would stick with him due to he circumstances that Gav described well earlier.

I don't listen to any post match stuff but did just read he said we were poor yesterday.

I would say people are not absolving him of blame on match day but sadly it's not the only thing that matters anymore. We were a club for a few years where the main show was off the pitch.

We can't progress on the pitch with the current ownership.

Why couldn't we appoint a different manager who could squeak out the extra 4-6 points a season which would have seen us claim a play off spot in previous seasons. Would that not be progress?

I get that, as we will inevitably lose Rhodes in the upcoming months, it is a more difficult job than it was 18 months ago why Bowyer should have gone. However we have only been under FFP for 9 months. If Bowyer was not good enough when we weren't in FFP, lets not pretend he is good enough now.

Last season when we got beat 1-0 at home off Brighton, or drew away at Birmingham, or playedat home to Millwall, was it the owners that picked Brown and left Rhodes/Gestede on the bench? Was it the owners that disastrously put Raya in goal at the start of the season when he could have been bloodied at the end of last season? Was it the owners that instructed us yesterday not to over commit players forward in search of a winner?

Of course it wasn't. The owners might be to blame for the whole charade at Ewood but lets not talk rubbish and imply that a change of manager couldn't lead to better, more exciting football on the pitch.

Why couldn't we appoint a different manager who could squeak out the extra 4-6 points a season which would have seen us claim a play off spot in previous seasons. Would that not be progress?

I get that, as we will inevitably lose Rhodes in the upcoming months, it is a more difficult job than it was 18 months ago why Bowyer should have gone. However we have only been under FFP for 9 months. If Bowyer was not good enough when we weren't in FFP, lets not pretend he is good enough now.

Last season when we got beat 1-0 at home off Brighton, or drew away at Birmingham, or playedat home to Millwall, was it the owners that picked Brown and left Rhodes/Gestede on the bench? Was it the owners that disastrously put Raya in goal at the start of the season when he could have been bloodied at the end of last season? Was it the owners that instructed us yesterday not to over commit players forward in search of a winner?

Of course it wasn't. The owners might be to blame for the whole charade at Ewood but lets not talk rubbish and imply that a change of manager couldn't lead to better, more exciting football on the pitch.

It could certainly lead to an improvement in performances and results, it could also get a lot lot worse.

Of course he has got things wrong. But I cannot think of one thing the owners have got right and it's their choice who will get the job.

After the third dull uninspiring draw on the bounce there was plenty grumbles directed at the manager on the way out of the ground. Our far corner of the BBE is not very animated really but quite a few were on the final whistle. Actually the bringing on of Williamson was met with great dismay yet I didn't really bother about that seeing as the game was virtually over and it was like for like.

I've a feeling PNE away could end up tin hat time for Gaz, certainly if we lose that then lose at home to Wendies. Thing is we'll be due our once in every five or six games barnstorming performance by then so we'll win then rumble round the circle of draws again. Just how many have we drawn under this geezer since he took over ?

Archived