BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford At Home 7.11.2015

Here Gary Bowyer on BBC Radio Lancashire

https://audioboom.com/boos/3778304-listen-onerovers-manager-gary-bowyer-speaks-to-andybayes

here Jordan Rhodes on BBC Radio Lancashire

https://audioboom.com/boos/3778325-listen-onerovers-striker-jordan-rhodes-speaks-to-andybayes

what would people team been?

would people move Ben Marshall on to the wing?

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched Brentford on sky last Friday, we should be winning this. Alan Judge seems to be one of their best players. He isn't a bad player but I don't believe he would get in our team. He couldn't get in our team 2 seasons ago. His end product was lacking last Friday.

Brentford are just an average championship side this season. Their best player from last season Alex Pritchard, who ran the show on Ewood, has gone back to Spurs.

They got beat on Tuesday at home to Hull. Albeit Hull have hit some form.

Anyway the last time I was so bullish on here about Rovers winning was pre MK Dons away!

Very quiet tonight on BRFCS

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Taylor, Evans, Akpan, Conway; Lawrence; Rhodes.

Subs;- Raya, Kilgallon, Henley, Williamson, Delfouenso, O'Sullivan, Koita

And remarkably the same XI that Bowyer will probably pick. Fancy that. ;)

I'd be tempted to move Lawrence out wide and put Koita up front with Rhodes. Switch Marshall for Taylor and play a proper right-back.

Not usually a big fan of changing the team about but I'd put Henley back in and stop wasting Marshall at right back, sooner or later he'll hit a patch of form again surely. Taylor has done ok and works hard but he's a squad man so needs to step aside again. Restore the midfield of Akpan and Evans, that must be first choice at the min. Think the last few weeks have caught up with Lawrence a bit but I'd stick with him but look to sub him early enough if it's not happening.

Rhodes didn't score the other night so that means he will here and carry on almost single handily being the man giving us breathing space from the bottom. Brentford are industrious but are under an inexperienced gaffer at the min so I reckon we'll get a win...just.

Don't think there'll be a big away turn out so I reckon it could be the lowest official gate for many a year :(

Rovers 2 Bees 1

(Rhodes x2) (Judge, who else)

Expecting a win at home. Bringing a couple of walk on's to boost the numbers too.

Time to push Marshall forward. Not sure if Koita is fit enough but like to see him get a run out.

I totally agree.

Marshall should play more forward and Henley should replace him.

I would also love to see Koita play together with Rhodes and Akpan as a sub.

I'm a bit surprised some on here are dismissing Brentford so lightly, before Tuesday's defeat, to now league leaders Hull, they had won 4 on the bounce,

(something any Bowyer team can only dream of) and if they had taken their first half chances against Hull, when they were by far the better team, they would probably have won that too.

So Carsley has won manager of the month and Judge player of the month, nailed on win for us then :rover:

Whilst we are on the subject how many times has Gaz won this ? Would have thought one of the longest serving managers in this div might have had it a time or two, especially seeing as he's been working under such, ahem, tough conditions....

So Carsley has won manager of the month and Judge player of the month, nailed on win for us then :rover:

Whilst we are on the subject how many times has Gaz won this ? Would have thought one of the longest serving managers in this div might have had it a time or two, especially seeing as he's been working under such, ahem, tough conditions....

He can't win it, under an embargo you know

I too believe that people are underestimating the Bees ahead of tomorrow. While IMO we have to get the 3 points I can see us being rolled over, with plenty of post-match chat from Gaz about how we'll use the international break to come back stronger, come out fighting against our local rival. Etc etc.

Rovers 1 Brentford 2

He can't win it, under an embargo you know

It's a good point you make. In a broader sense...

Win a game and Bowyer is a genius, we are going places. 3 wins in 16 a mere stat.

Lose a game and he just can't compete under the current conditions, no-one could.

Draw and it's a valuable point.

It's a good point you make. In a broader sense...

Win a game and Bowyer is a genius, we are going places. 3 wins in 16 a mere stat.

Lose a game and he just can't compete under the current conditions, no-one could.

Draw and it's a valuable point.

Steady on Larry Grayson, this isn't the Generalisation Game.

Although if it was it's more like:-

Win a game - oppo were rubbish

Lose a game - Bowyer's rubbish

Draw a game - Bowyer played for the draw cos he's like negative 'n' that

Archived