BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford At Home 7.11.2015

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sunshine in Bolton, come on blues make our weekend a good one.

Lets see if we can build on the good away results and close the gap on the top 6.

I do hope we have options available in midfield though, as seeing Williamsons name on the team sheet always makes me feel that we'll struggle.

Very quiet tonight on BRFCS

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Taylor, Evans, Akpan, Conway; Lawrence; Rhodes.

Subs;- Raya, Kilgallon, Henley, Williamson, Delfouenso, O'Sullivan, Koita

I'd play this team as well. Can't see why people want Marshall on the wing when he has looked much better at right back. Especially at home against Brentford he should get the freedom to push up into midfield making us a 5 (as he did for much of the game against Burnley) and allow us to dominate. Moving him into midfield would be a defensive move in my opinion, he would see less of the ball, and the team would have much worse distribution from the back. Counter intuitive I know but that is what I have seen with my own two eyes.

Glad we finally have an option on the bench who at least offers some (modest) attacking quality in Koita. Still we pretty desperately need to sign some better sub options than Delfy and O'Sullivan.

Very quiet tonight on BRFCS

My team would be:-

Steele; Marshall, Duffy, Hanley, Olsson; Taylor, Evans, Akpan, Conway; Lawrence; Rhodes.

Subs;- Raya, Kilgallon, Henley, Williamson, Delfouenso, O'Sullivan, Koita

I wouldn't play Evans. Let's see how good O'Sullivan is. His heading can't be any worse for a starter...

Marshall has always looked uncomfortable for me at rb. Doesn't really know when to just get rid and struggles with decent wingers.

Agree he looks good attacking wise from there, and has played poorly in midfield. My concern however is goals. We aren't scoring. And Marshall in or out of form is one of only 3 players you think has a chance of getting any. Playing him at rb is reducing our chances of scoring, as even if he's making more attacking play, we've very few to finish off the chances!

I'd play this team as well. Can't see why people want Marshall on the wing when he has looked much better at right back. Especially at home against Brentford he should get the freedom to push up into midfield making us a 5 (as he did for much of the game against Burnley) and allow us to dominate. Moving him into midfield would be a defensive move in my opinion, he would see less of the ball, and the team would have much worse distribution from the back. Counter intuitive I know but that is what I have seen with my own two eyes.

Glad we finally have an option on the bench who at least offers some (modest) attacking quality in Koita. Still we pretty desperately need to sign some better sub options than Delfy and O'Sullivan.

Like your thinking on Marshall as for young Henley big enough or strong enough yet.

But I'm intrigued with you saying Kiota offers quality when I've seen him he's looked anything but quality for a player heading for 25 years of age and only 13 career goals to his name is quality the right word to attach to the player.

O'Sullivan is a winger/number 10 Not a centre midfielder.

I would still like to see Tomlinson in the match day squad

I don't think there's much chance of that any time soon, he's still being used as a ball boy on match days

Decided I'm not bothering with home games even turned down a free ticket to this. I just can't bring myself to go Ewood anymore. So away games only for me. I'm done giving venkys a penny with my hard earned particularly when the football is by and large negative and terrible. As long as bowyer is in charge I shall remain under my stone.

Hope we win hope bowyer gets sacked. Other than that I've lost interest.

Archived