BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Piggies Xmas Relegation Party

Hopefully we'll reach sell out stage. Despite the pricing and TV/early kick off it would be a good effort to shift the lot. Another 1600 or so needed.

Had a feeling it would sell out, was Planning to travel down for this as I can't make the Boro game. Price sucks though.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

According to Nicko, Bolton are in talks to sell their Euxton training ground to PNE.

Ouch!

Ouch indeed!

Though it's the daily fail, this is a good article from a Peterborough fan- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3360474/Bolton-Wanderers-sad-state-Football-League-blood-hands-fans-don-t-deserve-crisis.html

The training ground rumour was doing the rounds last week, didn't pay much attention to it as I'd have thought it would be out of PNE's reach but Hemmings could be digging deep. Presume Bolton will move everything to their academy at Lostock.

The Euxton training ground seems to have a very good reputation, and its no surprise PNE are taking an interest if they want to get a better facility than their existing one and in a better location just off the M61.

Having driven past it many times and looking at it on google I'm not sure why it is so well thought of. It's quite a small site, has no room for expansion and doesn't possess an indoor training pitch like many do these days. It certainly doesn't look anywhere near what Brockhall has to offer.

Must be galling though to sell off your infrastructure and crown jewels to the likes of PNE to raise money. Like us selling Brockhall to Blackpool.

Knowing Hemmings he'll buy it then lease it back to em. Worked near there late 90's and Bolton used to borrow Evertons team coach to ferry them around sometimes. Was strange seeing a bus with Evertons logo all across the back and a little plaque in the front window saying Bolton Wanderers Fc :)

Played our home games there for Euxton Dynamos in the early seventies when it was the R.O.F. Sports and Social club.

Also played cricket there for the R.O.F. there even though I never worked for them.

It's plenty big enough for the smaller clubs like Preston or Bolton.

Great article.

If only the league had some sort of financial fair play policy...

Shows what a joke the league is and raises more questions as to how they make decisions (or not) on these things.

The Euxton training ground seems to have a very good reputation, and its no surprise PNE are taking an interest if they want to get a better facility than their existing one and in a better location just off the M61.

This is an excellent facility and it's a lot bigger than you would think from the outside. Many a time my lad has found a ball round the back near the karting track.

Archived