BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Piggies Xmas Relegation Party

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should dislike Bolton. But don't, and I know they in the main really don't like us. I work with a couple of Bolton fans, they've been good lads in our dark days, a kind of mutual respect and they "get it".

It'll just be "top bants" as far as I'm concerned. It could easily have been us in their position. Let's go and beat em but I feel no need to do anything out of the ordinary Windy.

Zulu and Tangodancer are conspicuous by their absence these days. Both were annoyingly desperate to foster some kind of rivalry with Rovers fans. Their 'bantz' however, was p1ss poor and no amount of panty flashing could stoke much interest.

I do feel for Bolton fans though. Their club is like ours in many ways, right down to the apathetic fan base (such a poor response yesterday in desperate times to the Twitter campaign #fillthemacron) As Bob says, could so easily be us. Imagine seeing Rovers on life support days from potential liquidation, hard not to feel empathy with those down the A666.

• Moderation Lead

Must admit, it's a very one-sided rivalry but they are a team I love us to beat, just because they're complete bitter goons where we are concerned.

That being said, I do hope they get out of this mess, which must have been a long time coming tbh.

I have a soft spot for traditional Lancashire clubs but I make an exception for Bolton.I hate them amd their supporters.

As a teenager. I remember always getting a rough ride at Burndon Park.

Don't care if they disappear from the face of the earth.

I'll mock as rivals do if they go down. I know a lot of Bolton lads, proper fans and they're sound with me but haven't got a good word to say about Rovers. Genuinely think they are a much bigger club than us and another one with a huge chip on their shoulders in regards to all things Rovers. They thought our demise was hilarious and couldn't wait to criticize over wee cocco the Cumbernauld conman.

Amazing given their treatment of Sammy Lee and Megson to name but two. Apart from when they play us and they whip themselves into a lather for some reason the Breezebloc has to be one of the most soulless football grounds ever. Grim when you consider 13k half fills it and it's a closed in bowl, the miserablest set of fans in the North West that lot.

Genuinely don't want to see them go bust or tumble through the divisions though but very murky finances there and has been all the time alien head Gartside has been in charge. Very strange how Davies would just pull the plug like that all of a sudden, something stinks. We have to be careful though as if a takeover happens they might get ideas above their station :lol:

Coming from Darwen I always felt the Bolton game was my local derby, and experienced some scary trips to Burnden Park in the 70s and 80s.

However, visible from the M61 on the way back from Anfield in 1995, there was a banner draped on a farmhouse somewhere in the Horwich/Blackrod vicinity that simply said "Well done Rovers from BWFC".

I was genuinely touched by that and for that reason alone I wish no ill on their club. Relegation and promotion is all part of football, but what they are experiencing goes beyond that, and as a few posters have said, it could so easily have been us (and may yet be, one day).

Just get behind our own team and rock the Breezeblock (or whatever it is called these days!)

Coming from Darwen I always felt the Bolton game was my local derby, and experienced some scary trips to Burnden Park in the 70s and 80s.

However, visible from the M61 on the way back from Anfield in 1995, there was a banner draped on a farmhouse somewhere in the Horwich/Blackrod vicinity that simply said "Well done Rovers from BWFC".

I was genuinely touched by that and for that reason alone I wish no ill on their club. Relegation and promotion is all part of football, but what they are experiencing goes beyond that, and as a few posters have said, it could so easily have been us (and may yet be, one day).

Just get behind our own team and rock the Breezeblock (or whatever it is called these days!)

Renamed the Moron Stadium.

Didn't used to care about them but witnessed quite a few unsavoury incidents outside the Reebok down the years. They seem to have a higher than average hooligan/wannabe hooligan contingent and are utterly obsessed with us. And I mean totally obsessed, it's like Burnley level animosity which is both hilarious and tragic considering how little most of our fans care about them.

So now I revel in their misfortune and like to see them and their odious manager fail.

This is where the mentality of some football supporters lets the sport down.

Yes, a minority of Bolton Wanderers fans are idiots, but that's only the same as us and any other club, (I've been to the away game for the last few years and it's been an outing for our idiots).

We all know it's not our main derby match, but they are still local rivals and I know from experience dating back to the early 80's that the matches have a bit of spice.

We should look at this and count our blessings as it could so easily have been us.

It's also reported that Phil Gartside is "gravely ill" so that's an even sadder twist to the story.

I wish him well.

It is not looking good for Notlob, and I do feel sad at that.

It's a case of: it could be us, there, right now. It could be us next year, next week.

So, before you gloat at their situation, think.

We need top flight teams around us, the powerhouse that is Lancashire (yeah I know) in football is what the game is all about.

If they went under, I would be very very disappointed. We need them.

Bolton face a winding up order apparently. I find this situation absolutely terrifying. We exist in our current form on the whim of people who are relatively detached from the club and, on the face of it, have little or no allegiance to Rovers. I'm far from being Venky's most vehement critic but surviving on their willingness to keep on throwing good money after bad is the stuff of nightmares.

It is not looking good for Notlob, and I do feel sad at that.

It's a case of: it could be us, there, right now. It could be us next year, next week.

So, before you gloat at their situation, think.

We need top flight teams around us, the powerhouse that is Lancashire (yeah I know) in football is what the game is all about.

If they went under, I would be very very disappointed. We need them.

If it was b***ley however.............

:tu:

If it was b***ley however.............

:tu:

Had a chuckle at that ODB,

however, in relation to "them", they need us more than we need them.

However, we need the Lancashire teams around us, just to remind the rest that this is where football was, is and will be......

Had a chuckle at that ODB,

however, in relation to "them", they need us more than we need them.

However, we need the Lancashire teams around us, just to remind the rest that this is where football was, is and will be......

Hmmm, personally I believe that having so many clubs in a 40 mile radius is a curse as much as a blessing.

Hmmm, personally I believe that having so many clubs in a 40 mile radius is a curse as much as a blessing.

Matty, if fans of Notlob or Bumley or the Rovers, for that matter, see their team disappear, I can't see many supporters transferring their allegiance to another team.

That may change with the passing years though.

So, from that perspective, it's probably better to have the local aspect to the game.

But then Gordon has different opinion......

Oh I agree dave, it's too ingrained for anything to change now. If Bolton went bust or fell down the leagues, even more people around there would just 'support' Man Yoo (or city these days), look at towns like Bury for evidence of that.

However, I standby the fact that having so many clubs in the old Lancashire palatine doesn't help the normal sized clubs, look at Rovers, hemmed in from each side by town clubs, with big city clubs not too far away. As I said, this region's rich football tradition means our type of club struggles to grow.

Gordon's a visionary. The modern day Galileo

Yeah right..... :lol:

'drog is the modern day Harold Camping....

http://www.vice.com/read/the-day-after-doomsday-what-do-apocalypse-preachers-do-when-the-world-doesnt-end-666

Presumably he's on another ban at present....

As for the Trotters, feel genuinely sad for them and relieved we are not in their position today- we could so easily have been if the Raos had selected yet another advisor of the calibre of Shabby or he who shouldn't be named 12 weeks ago.

Oh I agree dave, it's too ingrained for anything to change now. If Bolton went bust or fell down the leagues, even more people around there would just 'support' Man Yoo (or city these days), look at towns like Bury for evidence of that.

However, I standby the fact that having so many clubs in the old Lancashire palatine doesn't help the normal sized clubs, look at Rovers, hemmed in from each side by town clubs, with big city clubs not too far away. As I said, this region's rich football tradition means our type of club struggles to grow.

Agree to a certain extent Matty with, perhaps the thought that some (many) would give football away apart from a passing interest.

'drog is the modern day Harold Camping....

http://www.vice.com/read/the-day-after-doomsday-what-do-apocalypse-preachers-do-when-the-world-doesnt-end-666

Presumably he's on another ban at present....

As for the Trotters, feel genuinely sad for them and relieved we are not in their position today- we could so easily have been if the Raos had selected yet another advisor of the calibre of Shabby or he who shouldn't be named 12 weeks ago.

Come on philip, gordon should be back.

OK he upset some, and I did disagree with much of what he said politically, but it did fire the juices one way or another, didn't it?

Archived