BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Piggies Xmas Relegation Party

They laughed at us in the prem. I'm not one to hold a grudge but "only one keano" means that i have no patience or thoughts of sympathy for their fanbase.

Looking forward to the game, got a ticket for the lower tier.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They laughed at us in the prem. I'm not one to hold a grudge but "only one keano" means that i have no patience or thoughts of sympathy for their fanbase.

Looking forward to the game, got a ticket for the lower tier.

Me too. I remember well their arrogance when they beat us in both our and their relegation seasons. They are a diluted version of the Red Rags fans to me. I have no sympathy at all for them.

Very interesting, if a little dated article buried in the fans comment to a BEN article.

I had no idea at the time their financial mismanagement was every bit as bad as ours.

Most interestingly, just the increase in the debt owed to Davies from 2010 to now is a sum 60% higher than his entire net worth as reported in the 2009 Sunday Times Rich List!

http://swissramble.blogspot.co.uk/2010/11/why-bolton-have-so-much-debt.html

No end in sight for them. There is a fear that some players will walk away from their contracts if they don't get paid. I guess the vultures will be circling soon.

http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/sport/14142098.Lennon__From_what_I_gather_players_and_staff_at_Wanderers_will_not_be_paid_this_month/?ref=mr&lp=1

I hope we are, quite fancy that Zac Clough fella, Mark Davies ain't bad

Oh, and sod em, no sympathies from me.

• Moderation Lead

I don't know, they were fairly eager to dance on our grave when we were embargoed and had a laugh at our expense. Whilst it's never nice to see a football club go to the wall, and I feel bad for their fans in large parts they're only reaping what they sow.

We really want to lower ourselves to that level?

Id like to think we were a classier outfit to be honest. I suspect not sadly.

One way to look at their plight is, if they go under the Rovers will be the senior football club in Lancashire as well as the most successful town club on the planet

I hope the thousands travelling to Bolton will show some class on the day.Roar Rovers to victory but go easy on any 'going bust' chants please!

I hope so to. That would be too obvious.

I'm currently working on my "can't pay, we'll take it away" t-shirt.

They've shown their hatred towards us enough and it's never really been returned but no harm in ripping the urine out of them. I seem to remember giving them plenty harmless banter when we beat them there under Lee I think it was. Place was empty and resembled a church atmosphere wise. They gave us back plenty under coco.

2500 sold so far, not bad going at all considering the rip off prices, tv and expensive time of year. Seems we are doing our bit to help, hope they appreciate it and don't mind us actually leaving with the points for a change :rover:

• Moderation Lead

Having to go for the upper tier this time, so dropping £99 in the club shop at the weekend I think! In some ways I don't blame them for cashing in given their financial woes, but still not happy with paying £33 to go to The Breezeblock or Macaroon Stadium!

They've always been at it there though, way back when we had Souness in Prem days we charged about £23 and they asked £29 from us. We keep taking good followings though so they'll feel justified in charging it I suppose.

• Moderation Lead

We used to have that reciprocal ticketing agreement didn't they with them and Wigan? I seem to recall them vetoing it then charging us £35....(though i could be wrong to be fair).

Archived