BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what people expect. We have just had the most ambitionless period in the clubs history under a manager who could drive the ambition out of Lewis Hamilton. I see this season as a copy of when Souness arrived. Lambert has to see which of Boreyahs player he can salvage and change the entire mentality of the squad. As it stands we've no leaders, no fighters and nobody who has the confidence to step forward and take a risk. It's been trained out of them in the last 2.5 years.

• Backroom

Well, it was a fantastic first half followed by a very disappointing second half. We seemed to use up all of our energy in the first period and didn't look to have much left in the tank for the second. To be fair to Forest, they were much more at it in the second forty-five, but they rarely threatened us. Our lack of quality let us down badly. We needed to score in the first half but couldn't do it. Everything we did well in the first half was significantly worse in the second. Passing, crossing, pressing... but we probably had our best chance in the game during the second half. Unfortunately it fell to Koita.

Another clean sheet is a positive, and Lambert remains unbeaten as Rovers manager. I really hope he has some cash to spend in Jan, as we desperately need better quality, especially in attack. Right back, an attacking midfielder and another striker are essential. The current options just aren't good enough. Amazing that we have two strikers in Koita and Brown who can't score to save their lives. Both came from the rejects bin though so perhaps we have to accept that.

Really worrying how ineffective Rhodes has been since Lambert took over. Our style of play does not suit him at all.

Archived