BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sorry Neo but luck had nothing to do with that header by Koita. An appalling effort from a guy who couldn't hit a barn door. He didn't play badly though, funnily enough.

Indeed, he played well overall but he's no striker.

Our long ball strategy failed in the second half because Conway was taken out of the game, Marshall looked exhausted and our midfield stopped pressing forward. Even when Koita did manage a knock down, nobody was there to get the ball.

The first half was really encouraging, Rhodes aside. We looked good. The second half we just looked tired and out of ideas. Steele's save at the end was incredible though.

Would have liked to see Lawrence come on, but can understand why Lambert wanted to shore up in the centre of the park as we were looking vulnerable there towards the end.

Good first half when Akpan, Guthrie & Koita did well. Atrocious dull as ditch-water hoofball 2nd half and after that save Steele can keep his awful beard.

Lambert brought Taylor & Williamson on to close the game out - and I'm a fan of his!.

I never really appreciated how slow Jordan is - and I'm a fan of his too! As others have said he needs some balls played in to his feet otherwise given the day off.

• Backroom

I'd sell Rhodes on the last few games tbh. No effort at all tonight, even Danny bloody Murphy ran a couple of times when here!

Echo sentiments above, both sides played a good and bad half each. Liked Koita but bloody hell he should've buried that! Duffy MOTM.

So looking forward to transfer window opening.. nothing much PL could have done with what he inherited there.. bit more time and the lads will be fitter, defense seems sorted and hopefully PL will have a few quid to bring in what is needed, I imagine like many of us when he said he has identified the weakspots they won't be much different to our opinions along the lines of a RB, attacking mid and effective partner for rhodes or a more appropriate replacement.

We did go off the boil shockingly in the second half but second game in 4 days and the likes of Guthrie who has been out injured I guess its not suprising.

Overall happy enough though, another clean sheet against a decent Forest side who where restricted to a couple of shots on target and a glimmer of how we can play in the first half.

A striker has to be the no.1 priority you would think, either a Gestede type of forward that can link up play but also score or someone with a bit of pace to offer something different. This team seems to be creating enough chances but could maybe do with another creative midfield player if a good one comes available either for purchase or loan. You would think Lambert has some good scouting contacts with some Premier League teams or from Europe.

A win would have been nice but a draw isn't the end of the world, with games coming thick and fast during this Christmas period you just aren't going to win them all.

• Backroom

It seems the brilliant start results wise and being able to see the play offs has resulted in a season that was over suddenly having increased expectations.

If you offered folk 11 points from his first 5 games most of us would have taken that.

• Backroom

Who'd buy Rhodes for decent money off his recent performances.

He's still the best finisher in the league with a phenomenal record we wouldn't struggle to get £12m for him.

He's a jewel in the crown though selling him should be a last resort - although the Jewel without the crown isn't as much use.

I don't want to slate Rhodes but it really frustrated me tonight when he had two defenders either side of him and he just gave up and put his arms in the air rather than fighting for it. Koita was useful but can't score! Fingers crossed a few additions and we can push on in January. Great start for Lambert though. I would have been over the moon with 11 points when he first took over.

• Backroom

3 points to playoffs..... only almost half season played. Were up there and competing at least! Why didnt we got Lambert in the summer?

Because Venky's.

The issue with Rhodes is that he doesn't even seem to be getting chances at the moment. In his leaner spells he was still getting a few chances a game, just not putting them away. Tonight he had zero chances (I don't count the diving header wide in the first half as a chance) and never even looked like getting a chance. Considering how well we played in the first half that is very worrying.

I wouldn't sell him but we need to work out how to get him into the game a lot more. The rest of the team are by and large awful at scoring, so they aren't going to pick up the slack regularly. Had it not been for an own goal in Friday we may well have been looking at two goalless draws. We're definitely more robust under Lambert, but unless we either buy a good striker in January or work out how to get Rhodes to contribute in this system we are certainly looking at a mid table season.

Very good first half in terms of football and possession though we didn't really threaten

Surprisingly tired 2nd half - still a lot to do fitness wise.

Big improvement by Koita - think he can be developed with the right guidance.

Not sure what the hell is going on with Rhodes - feels that somewhere something isn't right.

Feared Forest would nick it in last half hour so not disappointed with a point. 11 from 15 is a great start for Lambert. Two or three shrewd acquisitions and we are going up this season. Onwards and upwards. Believe !

I think Rhodes looked laboured but the balls to him were atrocious tonight. All hoofed up or played to the strikers with their backs to goal and no support. Until our midfielders start contributing to attacking play and creating more, we can't expect much of our strikers. Koita put himself about but other than a few flick ons and a couple of bits of tidy play he didn't do much. Marshall needs to step up his game also. I'm just hoping that him and Rhodes are a bit leggy due to the hard work demanded from Lambert and will improve fitness and pace-wise. I'm sure Bowyer had them in the weights room too much as a good few of our lads have slowed down. Going to take a while to get them playing, I think.

Archived