BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Forest

Not sure if the Rotherham thread has become the Forest thread but think the game deserves its own home.

Difficult one to call, this.

We will slip up at some point if we continue to stutter, performance-wise, but we are also due a decent performance where Ben and Jordan find a bit of form so I'll optimistically forecast the latter scenario.

We have Mr. Shearer in attendace this evening following his civic ceremony outside the Fox N Hounds so there should be a positive early atmosphere after his appearance before kick-off.

Does anyone know if the Shearer Way opening ceremony is public? Seems very little about it online or in print.

Rovers 3 - 1. Marshall, Rhodes, Duffy (yes, the wait is over).

COYB!

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think this will be the toughest match so far for Rovers under Paul Lambert. Forest are a strange side who on their day can comfortably beat any Championship club but equally could crash and burn. I see this as a tight affair and with Lambert saying he might freshen things up I can see a few changes. That said I hope he keeps the back four intact as this has been the bedrock of our recent run. I would expect to see Guthrie and Taylor in the starting eleven and possibly Henry if he is fit.

Freedman's mentality is not unlike Lambert's so this will be tough.

I am going for a Rovers' win by the odd goal with Rhodes getting back on the score sheet.

Onwards and upwards. In Lambert we trust.

Forest away from the City Ground are no great shakes. This one could be more comfortable than we are expecting. If we do what we usually do under PL and score first, we could end up with a convincing 2 or 3 goal victory.

Akpan needs to get on top of Lansbury early on, rattle him and he's a red card waiting to happen.

Forest are a strange side who on their day can comfortably beat any Championship club but equally could crash and burn

Forest can beat anyone on their day quite comfortably? Comfortably? Apart from in their local derby against Derby, they haven't beat a side in the top 8 yet this season.

To me, forest are now a lower level Championship team whose squad has steadily weakened over the last 2 years. Anyone with any aspirations in this league should be beating them at home.

I'm not saying we will but will be disappointed if we can't.

Can see Forest coming and sitting in looking to counter with us probably staying solid and trying to draw them out, just think it'll be one of those games. Early goal opens it up of course but honours even for me, interestingly we've yet to see what happens when the side under Lambert goes behind.

Rovers 1 Forest 1

• Backroom

Afraid the run ends tonight with a 2-1 loss, would take a scrappy 0-0 though a win and we are starting to dream!

Imagine the team is the same, Lawrence and Rhodes were ineffective Friday but he doesn't want to use Koita and Brown didn't look a threat.

Too much respect being shown to Forest. We're above them in the league and are at home. As far as I'm concerned we should be confident of winning any such game, and need to in order to keep the upward momentum ahead of a much tougher game at Reading next week.

Forest have picked up at the City Ground, but away from home they have played 10 and won 2, drawn 3 and lost 5.

Archived