BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Not buying that "Rhodes to Stoke"-malarky. Far from Sparky's type of striker, and Stoke already have three first team forwards competing for a single spot with about as many others able to do a job there if needed.

Hughes paid a lot of money for mame diuf and i wouldn't normally have though that he was a hughes type player(from what i so of him when he was with us) he's no more of a physical player than rhodes is(in fact id say rhodes was slightly more physical)

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderation Lead

He's quick though Diouf, so he's worth having just for that in Hughes' eyes I imagine. Although as we've all seen for ourselves he can't finish for toffee...

(I still won't forgive him for that open goal miss at Wigan away!)

The owners backing the latest manager to the hilt again, four more players bought in, tbh i'm not impressed with the incoming signings at all, I hope it's just a case as others have mentioned of Lambert trying to pack the dressing room with players of the right mental attitude.

I think that's partly it, but it's not unheard of in any business to headhunt people who have worked well for you in the past.

I know some quarters were expecting Lambert to use his little black book and unearth superstars from the Bundesliga but now isn't the time to start experimenting on unknown quantities. When faced with the reality of getting dragged into a relegation dogfight, you need to play it safe and sign experienced players who know this league inside out.

Not sure about that.

We have a proven manager and he knows what he wants.

He knows where Rovers need to improve squad and starting 11 wise.

But I have full confidence in him and prepare to back his judgement

I want promotion at the end of the day whether this is with Rhodes or not. We have had him for 3 years and never come close to promotion sadly.

Errr soo what about the other olayers we have had last three years who have done alot less than Rhodes so you would keep them? Your mind boggles me

Nixon on the Olsson rumours...

"Blackburn. Derby. Olsson move keeps rumbling on. Might be getting to the serious stage and possible fee agreement shortly."

Paul Clement of Derby County said today he isn't expecting any incoming players but he's certainly not the first manager to make that claim. Here's his quote...

"We are as we are – no news regarding ins."

Doesn't look like Rovers will be offering improved terms. And while it looks like Olsson holds all the cards, if he doesn't move on in this window and Derby get promotion, they may rethink there transfer business. Could back fire on him.

Doesn't look like Rovers will be offering improved terms. And while it looks like Olsson holds all the cards, if he doesn't move on in this window and Derby get promotion, they may rethink there transfer business. Could back fire on him.

Take the money, its not as if he is a world class talent. Martin was in any case the better player imo. He will soon find out about the curse of leaving Rovers

Didn't Lambert say Rhodes would be as important to him as main strikers at his previous clubs?

I can't see how Rhodes would be going following that kind of comment?

Surely he is actually trying to build a team to get the best out of Rhodes as what we have at the minute isn't?

Im pleased we appear to be putting a few players Lambert knows well into each area of the field. This might actually help lift the overall performance of others around them.

There has already been some comments from the new additions around Lamberts high standards...

Lets hope results come now...

Lamber's said a lot of thing which have not exactly been true ok not a few.

I know some quarters were expecting Lambert to use his little black book and unearth superstars from the Bundesliga but now isn't the time to start experimenting on unknown quantities. When faced with the reality of getting dragged into a relegation dogfight, you need to play it safe and sign experienced players who know this league inside out.

Lambert's little black book so far seems to extend no farther than Norwich. I fully expect Ted MacDougall and the long deceased Justin Fashanu to sign in due course.

He's quick though Diouf, so he's worth having just for that in Hughes' eyes I imagine. Although as we've all seen for ourselves he can't finish for toffee...

(I still won't forgive him for that open goal miss at Wigan away!)

he is quick, but he's a poor finisher so it balances out,

I think most of us wouldn't want to see rhodes go unless we got silly money for him 12mill(ish) and that money was reinvested back into the squad, but realistically though we know he's only really worth around 6/7mill(Although id be more than happy to be proved wrong if he ever did play in the prem and score prolifically)

Take the money, its not as if he is a world class talent. Martin was in any case the better player imo. He will soon find out about the curse of leaving Rovers

Absolutely agree. I was more pointing out how skewed the transfer market is when an bang average player like Olsson can start playing transfer games.

It just might backfire on him.

Anybody else find it interesting that we are restricting all our business to the domestic market of England and Wales.

Not even dabbling in players from the continent, Ireland or Scotland.

In fact the only foreign market players we have signed under Bowyer have been Fode Koita and Sacha Petshi.

Not sure if we are missing out by avoiding these markets, especially when you consider Lambert has talked about the contacts he has made in the last year abroad.

So far, Lambert's contacts appear to extend no farther than Norfolk. To be fair to him, there are plenty of average players to choose from in this country without having to bring in very average players from abroad.

• Moderation Lead

He didn't get Danny Graham from Norwich :-)

In any case, I imagine it will be a case of tried and tested for now as January is a notoriously difficult month in which to get business done. IMO, the nitty gritty will be in the summer with a few more out of contract giving us the necessary wriggle room to bring in some more new faces.

Archived