BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Hoolahan being in the last 6 months of his contract at 33 years old seems a realistic target to me.

He'd be perfect for us.

All depends if they want to cash in.

Can't see Norwich allowing him to transfer to a relegation rival.

All depends if anyone higher in Championship or Prem is interested.

He could have course plan on running his contract down and join a Prem club.

Yet another factor is Euro 2016 and ensuring he catches the eye etc...

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hoolahan seems to have played quite a bit this season, and Naismith can play outwide or as a No. 9 so I don't think it necassarily means they are willing to let Hoolahan leave now they have signed Naismith. I can't see it but you never know.

Apparently Celtic wanted McGeady on loan but Everton weren't prepared to subsidise part of his wages, which means I doubt they would for us, and we're probably talking at least 40 grand a week. I don't think McGeady's ever played as a No.10 either, not sure that would work. His strengths are taking on defenders, getting to the byline and crossing it in.

All depends on what Norwich want to do. You'd have thought that if he was in their long term plans that they would have got him signed up to a new contract by now. If he's out of contract at the end of the season I'd be very surprised if a Premier League club took him at his age.

That leaves the Championship as his most likely destination for next season onwards. We would be best placed to have him owing to his past relationship with Lambert. Forget all this about us being behind 'top' Championship clubs in the queue. In the summer we're all on a level pegging and we should be competing with everyone for the better players. We're not going to get promoted if we put ourselves in a lower bracket of clubs to others in this league. We're as entitled as anyone else to compete for the better players.

If Norwich have aspirations of staying up and progressing up the Premier League then they will need to replace Hoolahan either now or in the summer. If they can get some sort of fee for him now then that might be an attractive prospect for them.

I'd be more than happy if we got him on a 2 year deal.

All this sell Rhodes and get xyz is a bit much really considering we'd have to spend 5mill + on someone with a good record and then give them another massive wage to tempt them here. No guarantee it would work out either, just how many times have we been burned in the past.

Next option is taking a gamble on someone cheaper and hoping he's the next Austin, Rudy, Vardy etc. That doesn't often turn out that way. Strengthening the team and maybe playing a different way would likely be the way to go but realistically how much will we get to spend after he's sold ?

Imo about £2 mill, won't do much damage with that.

I made the mistake of reading the comments below tat article!!

That's 2 minutes I'm never getting back. Mr "my source indicates" jesus wept, who are these people. Saying that he swiftly followed up his HP talk by declaring 442 is archaic and passed its sell by date, someone should probably tell Leicester and Crystal Palace.................

Not yet. I'm no detective, but I would suggest its relatively easy to track down. Look for former players, available on a free, with 6 months left on their contract or on loan with their name including either Elliott or Bennett.

Lenny ??

I made the mistake of reading the comments below tat article!!

That's 2 minutes I'm never getting back. Mr "my source indicates" jesus wept, who are these people. Saying that he swiftly followed up his HP talk by declaring 442 is archaic and passed its sell by date, someone should probably tell Leicester and Crystal Palace.................

The article shows how things have changed down at Brockhole, no "shoot" sign, just "pass and Move" now

The article shows how things have changed down at Brockhole, no "shoot" sign, just "pass and Move" now

Well we almost managed 50% of that against Brighton. PL mustn't have started on the 'Move' part yet!

Also, is Danny graham stood in a hole on the photo of him with Ward? Wiki and Sky have them both as being 1.85m tall! :unsure:

The owners backing the latest manager to the hilt again, four more players bought in, tbh i'm not impressed with the incoming signings at all, I hope it's just a case as others have mentioned of Lambert trying to pack the dressing room with players of the right mental attitude. Bowyer seemed to more or less exclusively sign players who looked to have talent but thought their job was done by performing 4-5 times per season.

Long term though I hope PL doesn't go down the GB route of bringing in 30 odd players in the hope 4 or 5 come off. More quality less quantity needed from summer onwards.

Archived