BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Window - January 2016

Gotta say, listening to Lambert...he's desperate for Rhodes to go!! Sounds like he's been promised the money to me...possibly even has players lined up ready..

why ? what's he said ?

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta say, listening to Lambert...he's desperate for Rhodes to go!! Sounds like he's been promised the money to me...possibly even has players lined up ready..

I think Rhodes has wanted out for 18 months and it's almost glaringly obvious.

We can fast track the rebuilding process if Lambert can utilise the cash, there'll be no reason to hold fire until summer and there are so many areas that need strengthening. I honestly think that with his lack of impact and frequent poor showings the time is right to cash in on him. We need to hit the ground running in August and Rhodes just doesn't look to be happy or motivated here.

Hopefully this Olsson transfer can Spurr Tommy on, to find some of his initial form. I thought he looked good initially despite a lack of pace.

He was a decent signing to be fair and only injury took him out of the team initially but from what I've seen over the last 12 months I think he's struggling with the game at this level now. Maybe injury has done that or he's just feeling the effects of a long career but it's unlikely he'll get any better and we need to start thinking long term, certainly in the summer.

If Rhodes goes, then it's a no brainer to try and make moves for McGeady, Gibson and a quality striker. I wonder if Lambert can fast track the players he mentioned that are big players or hitters whatever he called them.

Selling Olsson seems an odd one to me. He has a lot of pace and has been pretty consistently decent unlike most of the squad. Spurr looks a total liability to me any time he is on the pitch. At full back you have to be quick and agile and that just isn't his game.

I'm not getting what Lambert is doing with the team at all to be honest. Can't see how we are aiming to play etc.It feels like we are panicking a bit and Lambert is signing players based on previous relationships.... To be fair Souness did very well with that strategy, but hmmm. These are a much lower standard of player.

Not sure where this is going, but then what do I know.

Gibson, Ireland, Sidwell, Adam... Those are the sort of names that you know 100% are going to perform at this level. Those are the sort players we need in centre mid.

I see Lambert has been saying how he still wants to bring in a couple more if possible, we definately need it. Smith is a good shout at left back.

Selling Olsson seems an odd one to me. He has a lot of pace and has been pretty consistently decent unlike most of the squad. Spurr looks a total liability to me any time he is on the pitch. At full back you have to be quick and agile and that just isn't his game.

I'm not getting what Lambert is doing with the team at all to be honest. Can't see how we are aiming to play etc.It feels like we are panicking a bit and Lambert is signing players based on previous relationships.... To be fair Souness did very well with that strategy, but hmmm. These are a much lower standard of player.

Olsson has to be sold as he's looking to go on a free in the Summer.

Olsson has to be sold as he's looking to go on a free in the Summer.

Add to that he was or looked a better player because of the dross we had, but good luck to him if he does go to Derby, if they don't go up this season then they have to be near to embargo.

Joe Bennett ..... english , mid 20's left back who is out in the cold at his current club , had a couple of loan moves to championship clubs in past but more importantly .... Ex-Paul Lambert ;)

This would certainly fit the current strategy, as we would then not only have two Elliotts, but two Bennetts.

Not so much of a leader or a general but Adlene Geudioura (sp) could provide the goals and creativity from midfield ... Think he holds some kind of record were he got voted goal of the season with 2 different clubs in 1 season

Nobody is going to give us 12 million for Rhodes, prem clubs have loads of time to look at him and just don't fancy him and I can't see a championship contender buying him at that price.

Afobe was a more attractive prospect from prem clubs and at 10 million that puts Rhodes at 6-8?

Sell him now or lose him for free in the summer? An extra half season to get the "new" back four bedded in instead of just pre-season. Pretty sound decision especially if we get a fee for a player that cost us virtually nothing and many would have binned off a long time ago...

My take is that Lambert is trying to build a team rather than the "bunch of guys who happen to be wearing the same colour shirts" that we seem to have witnessed for about 4 years. Of course some of those "guys" will fit into the team but many won't - especially when being asked to step outside their comfort zones. If we are to progress then the gaping gap that always appears between our midfield and front men needs to be shut down - this will require extra work and players that come in the door with previous experience of it will help shape the attitudes of future signings, reserve players, youth players and hopefully even those currently at the club that are wondering why they aren't in the premier League yet.

"Just my opinion and nothing says it is right or that Lambert's ideas will work)

• Backroom

Lower standard of player? Tugay was in Rangers reserves half the time and Friedel was barely reserve keeper at Liverpool. Then they came good, no AWESOME, for us.

I'm hoping for similar here. I see Ward as a potential 'Short' here, with Graham being the 'Bent'.

I think people are forgetting Graham is a proven championship striker and has scored a number of goals in the prem. He's being talked about like some absolute no mark, Sunderland has been a bad move for him but prior to that I remember MOTD running features about him when at Swansea.

any links or proof or is this a the great brfcs word twisting game again? genuinly not heard or seen anything.

Archived